Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 49.4

Started by Voxpire, August 10, 2013, 01:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voxpire

We've been aware of it ever since we disabled dry docking to prevent other issues.
The entire boats system is being overhauled with this patch.

Electo Jason

Quote from: Vorspire on August 13, 2013, 02:05:43 PM
We've been aware of it ever since we disabled dry docking to prevent other issues.
The entire boats system is being overhauled with this patch.

so any feedback on the houses with vendors in it that have been Demo pending for months?
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Voxpire

I can't answer everything, you'll just have to be patient and not poke me with a stick every 5 mins.

zaxarus

Quote from: Keeblerboy on August 12, 2013, 09:20:58 AM
Vorspire, I understand that you're very busy in game. So here is a viable solution for the pet heal pots.  Do the same as you did with bandages (patch 49.1) with more than 5 pet slot in use.  - "Healing pets with bandages will now be 5x more effective when the healer has more than 5 control slots used up."  This is a pricey donation item that needs to be worthy of being a donation item.  People will be more likely to pick up extra pet slots once this is on par for the price.   At this point greater heal works much better for more point healed and about 5-6x faster.    Consider making this a part of the next patch.     

Keeb

Atm i am busy getting the needed pet slots for Fala & myself. After this i am thinking about buying pet heal pots.
But in my opinion they should
a) be more effective than a Greater Heal
b) be more effective than a(n) (everlasting) bandage

Because: They are not cheap.

Means:
1. The amount of healed Hp should be higher than Keebler's experiments show
2. It should be faster (delays)
3. The range should be more than 4 tiles. With 4 tiles i could just stand next to my pet and use vet. It would have the same effect: Some mobs could just eat me. So why use a pet then anyway?^^

Just my opinion. I am sure there will be a good solution. :)

Tys
Tys

"My name is my name."

Electo Jason

Quote from: Vorspire on August 13, 2013, 07:45:23 PM
I can't answer everything, you'll just have to be patient and not poke me with a stick every 5 mins.

*Poke*
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Horns Nigel

Stop poking him....Nigel.   :)
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Walker

There needs to be a delay on the pot, otherwise the same issues as I've heard were exploited before they were removed would arise again.

I agree that the pet heal pot should heal substantially more than bandages or greater heal, but I also think both of those heal far too much at this point. 800 a shot with a bandage seems a little overboard for me. You should still be required to take a risk when using pets to tank things. If you could just send in a pet and tank everything without a fear of dying you'd get bored quick. With that being said bandages or greater heal should still be necessary to up-keep a pet to an extent. The numbers to balance such a thing to be fair aren't really in my expertise.

Obviously it's going to have to be relevant to the damage that monsters are going to do the abyss, which I don't know the numbers at this point and I don't plan to speculate. From what I've seen I think good numbers would be like 400 for a bandage and 1k for the greater heal pot with the delay. If the delay is tweaked obviously my opinion would change.

This is from my limited experience and testing with it.

zaxarus

Of course there should be a delay, but 10 secs is in my opinion a little long.
Tys

"My name is my name."

Walker

Oh and as Vorspire said, stop poking him. Post a suggestion and leave it at that, don't expect a response to a post immediately. You have to think about it this way, you're one person with one or more questions. There are probably at least 10 other people like you with questions, asking him as well and there is only one Vorspire to answer all requests/suggestions.

Not saying Kon or Noll don't get a barrage of things thrown at them daily, just saying that the 3 of you cover different aspects of the game. Vorspires being coding and fixing broken things.

Electo Jason

Nah just messing with him.  Actually missed him saying DONT to lol.  Only reason i reposted it is because this went to a page 2 and could have easilly been missed with all the other things that were being brought up so when i saw a response to 1 issue and nothing on this figured i would bring it up again.  HE is doing a great job and have said it multiple times and not rushing anything just pointing out things to make things better
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

zaxarus

And i'm sure he's reading the discussion, and since Keeb is "officially testing" the heal pots it's important to discuss his reviews. ;)

Tys

"My name is my name."

Keeblerboy

Can't wait to give it two thumbs up.  :-p

Electo Jason

Quote from: Keeblerboy on August 14, 2013, 11:13:54 AM
Can't wait to give it two thumbs up.  :-p

Maybe i will buy some pbucks here soon instead of just buying them off players.  Kind of hard to since no one is selling them lately.
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Electo Jason

Quote from: Vorspire on August 13, 2013, 07:45:23 PM

So i apologize Vor like i said misread and didnt see the "not" thought you were being funny like i tell me customers at work.  "If i dont get back to you call and harrass me"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Horns Nigel

I'm sure he knew you were joking Jason,  no worries......Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community