Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 49.4

Started by Voxpire, August 10, 2013, 01:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thatperson

I agree with Jason and have mentioned it before. The 7gp per week the stwble charges is so measly it might as well be free, can be annoying when your in the middle of nowhere and you cant stable your pet coz it says you dont hwve the funds despite having tens of millions in the bank :)

Voxpire

Thatperson

:) that's what I get for posting while im at bored at work hehe

Falada

I dont see a big problem in having some goldpiles in the bank. I use a small wooden box as my little 'treasure chest' inside the bank. Containing my extra checkbook, checks, 4 x 60k gold, plat bars,  different coins, pbucks and whatever currencies. If i die or insured something or whatever i just refill the goldpiles and everything is fine :)
greets Fala

zaxarus

Tys

"My name is my name."

Thatperson

its not a big problem fal, its a tiny 30gp problem, that's why its so annoying... its all well and good saying "just keep some gold in your bank" but you and I both know that when you buy something or die and lose insurance it eats the gold first and leaves you with only cheques. if I have a 1mil cheque and 1gp in the bank and I buy something for 1mil it will take the 1gp, then 999,999 from the cheque and leave me with a 1gp cheque that cannot be used by the stable. even if it would take coins from your pack you could go kill a mongbat for the fee, but you can have mills in the bank and piles of cash in your pack and still be told "you don't have enough funds".
now, for me, I have a bankstone, so I move money from the chequebook to the bank but there are plenty of others out there who don't have that capability and are stuck in the middle of nowhere unable to pack up their pet.
I remember a while back vor posted asking us to list all the little niggles and grinds that could be ironed out to make Pandora the well oiled mechanism osi wished it could be.. this is one of them..
and zax, I have shrink pot too, its better for land pets but the stable stone is far better for sea pets, both have their uses and also the stable stone is the first step for newer players before they can get the shrink pot..
Anyway, that's just what I think..
:)

zaxarus

Well, i am the last person who would argue against a change.^^

I've used a stable stone b4 i was able to buy the everlasting shrink. Never had any problems, cause i use to have 2 mill as goldpiles in the bank. No checks at all, cause the big ton of gold is in my checkbook. This gold was only for stable stone & insurance, now it's only insurance.

I understand that it can be annoying, so i won't stand in the way. Same for Fala, i think.^^
Just saying that it has not to be a problem. :)

Tys

"My name is my name."

Falada

I only said what i do :P I'm sure it can be annoying :D I never used a Stable Stone because i never 'trusted' the stables. That's all. And yes if you have a bankstone ofcourse it's no problem :)
greets Fala

Thatperson

Hehe, I know what you mean about not trusting the stables :) the message you get it "if you dont claim within a week I will set it Free" thats why I shrink my doni pets and stable my sea pets..
I too keep all my money in the chequebook for simplicity and just a mil cheque and 60k pile in the bank.
Didnt wanna sound like I was arguing with you guys ^^
Anyway iv said my piece so at the risk of derailing the thread any further ill bow out and leave it at that
Peace!!

Horns Nigel

That's just a standard message, I've never lost a pet in the stables yet.....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Falada

I just like to have my pets in my backpack :)
greets Fala

Horns Nigel

I got  way too much in my pack already :-\.....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Saturn

I have a very tidy bank box and backpack. I pile all most of the gold i get that wasnt converted into platinum into a corner of my bank box...Never had to worry about insurance or any of that stuff.

Also, ive had some pets in the stables for months.And they're still there...I hope...
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Electo Jason

I tried to do the same most of the time but there was 1 time in perticular i was doing Neira and died quit a few times by the time she died and i wanted to pakc up my pet the gold in box was gone and only checks remained so had to run all the way back with my pet instead of packing it and pulling out a mount.  Would just be so much easier if it pulled rom checks the same way everything else does.
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Voxpire

I'm on a little break ATM, life calls, but I'll be back soon and I'll run through all of the ideas/suggestions and bugs again for the next patch :)

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman