Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 49.4

Started by Voxpire, August 10, 2013, 01:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horns Nigel

Lets all wait and see how it is, Im sure things will be adjusted accordingly If Vorm sees that its not balanced, no need for any of us to panic yet....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

zaxarus

Alrighty.

So any chance it can happen today? :)

Tys

"My name is my name."

rocktuff

Long Live John Elway

Drake11

I think we should all give it a chance and see what happens, it will add a new element to the gameplay in a way, and thats never a bad thing, and worst case scenario it cuts down a little on the soul glaive and comp bow being way better than the other weapons for pvp, it adds an easy way to avoid the mega damage from them. So in theory, it will open up the pvp world especially to alot of different ways of going about it.
Imperator of Warcry [WAR]
Commanding Lord of the House of Targaryen

Ladibug

Does AI have a cap for PvP? Maybe a dumb question, but I honestly don't know. I don't remember it being this way before. I am attributing it to the strength increases we've had. The cap on OSI is 35 for PvP. What is it here, if any? If there is none, there needs to be.
I <3 my Soul Family

Drake11

the reason ai hits so hard, is well, it does exactly what its supposed to, but damage increase now scales with health, so it gets some pretty insane numbers. first its ignoring armor, which is correct, and secondly damage increase scaling with health is also the way its supposed to work now, but the two combined together offer up some pretty large hits.

Ladibug

Ok that's what I thought. I do think there should be a cap on the damage though. Like 75 for instance. Just my opinion.
I <3 my Soul Family

Drake11

just gotta be careful if it does get capped, too low and there will be unkillable people running around

Ladibug

Well doesn't that seem like a problem then? Only way to kill certain people is AI? I realize AI is supposed to do more damage than most specials. I guess i just find the challenge of actual pvping more enjoyable then 2-3 hit AI shots every time. It's just come down to who can hit first and consecutively. Really lame. Hopefully it can be changed to where it's balanced.
I <3 my Soul Family

Electo Jason

According to what Vor Said in my AI thread.  It does 35% of target health.
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Ladibug

I <3 my Soul Family

zaxarus

And now add damage from hit effects to it.
Then say it is not insanely high.^^
Tys

"My name is my name."

Ladibug

Ah yes. See?! That is true too. It needs to be nerfed!
I <3 my Soul Family

Drake11

keep in mind it has been that way for awhile, not just after ai became powerful, its always been luck based as to who can hit multiple times in a row, its the same as it was before just everything is scaled up with a different ability

zaxarus

Quote from: Ladibug on September 26, 2013, 03:11:12 PM
Ah yes. See?! That is true too. It needs to be nerfed!

I've asked for that before, because in my opinion that whole AI spamming not only does that high dmg, it also reduces PvP - in battles, in duels and also in field. But it seemed that my idea wasn't well received...
And you were right, Ladibug: A few hits, and who hits first and in that moment better, is the winner. That is it.

The coming nerf (close range = useless) is a good start, i agree. On range though it doesn't matter if we have 330+ HP now or maybe 400 after next patch - the damage will adjust...

Tys

"My name is my name."

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111