Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 49.4

Started by Voxpire, August 10, 2013, 01:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladibug

Well in any case it needs to be balanced. It's not the same as it was before. Those of us who have been here a long while can attest to the change, i'm sure.
I <3 my Soul Family

zaxarus

Quote from: Ladibug on September 26, 2013, 03:36:49 PM
Well in any case it needs to be balanced. It's not the same as it was before. Those of us who have been here a long while can attest to the change, i'm sure.

Agreed. It was tricky and intense, now it's just 'poof boom bang'...

Tys

"My name is my name."

Ladibug

Tys...your idea wasn't well received because people who can't pvp can now kill people just by ai spamming them. Those are the people who don't want it fixed. In my opinion it's almost as bad as conflag pots were during that time.
I <3 my Soul Family

Drake11

its as ive stated quite a few times, the skill is not in getting the kill anymore, its in keeping yourself alive. anyone who cant keep themselves alive of course will complain, but those of us who can find it quite a test of skill and endurance in a fight.
Imperator of Warcry [WAR]
Commanding Lord of the House of Targaryen

Voxpire

Before AI was capped at 35% of enemy health, it would just do up to 35 damage.
At that time, I wasn't entirely sure about the maximum health a player could have.

I now know that 200 was the average amount of health at that time, so I should technically have reduced the 35% to 17.5% - but now I believe a nerf is in order, I've been paying attention to many similar discussions and pretty much everyone agrees AI is over-powered.
Having said this, AI will be reduced to a 20% cap. - a 15% reduction.
At 100 health, that's up to 20 damage, at 200 health, that's 40 damage - since it used to be 35 damage at 200 average health, I think it should balance out fairly well.

Electo Jason

Quote from: zaxarus on September 26, 2013, 03:36:19 PM
Quote from: Ladibug on September 26, 2013, 03:11:12 PM
Ah yes. See?! That is true too. It needs to be nerfed!

I've asked for that before, because in my opinion that whole AI spamming not only does that high dmg, it also reduces PvP - in battles, in duels and also in field. But it seemed that my idea wasn't well received...
And you were right, Ladibug: A few hits, and who hits first and in that moment better, is the winner. That is it.

The coming nerf (close range = useless) is a good start, i agree. On range though it doesn't matter if we have 330+ HP now or maybe 400 after next patch - the damage will adjust...

It is not who hits first or who can get 3 in a row we have all seen this you can hit hotkey greater heal and heal off the damage before the 2nd one hits which I have proven plenty of times.

Also the same reason why battles with 2 people with AI can still go on for 20+ mins I have seen one with Drak and Jo and one with Me and Jo.

Also have seen Ladibug have some long fights to as well this way.

The only time you cant heal it off is if 3 people hit you at the exact same time with it obviously which also make sense.
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Drake11

ahh good its getting nerfed, now maybe the whining will stop, but lets not hold our breath, there will be something else folks will find to whine about :)

Electo Jason

Quote from: Drake11 on September 26, 2013, 03:45:03 PM
ahh good its getting nerfed, now maybe the whining will stop, but lets not hold our breath, there will be something else folks will find to whine about :)

The only people who I saw whining were the ones who don't even PvP anyways so bravo to them as for the people who do PvP we weren't whining before or after.  Why is that??  We know how to avoid being hit 3x in a row with healing ourselves or running off to heal and not just standing there. 

The people who have an issue are the ones saying "All you need to do is stand there and spam it"

And you wonder why you die if you play that way yes it is whoever is luckier  "Or whoever moves to avoid being hit"

Same people who cried that disarm does exactly what it is made for are the ones who keep complaining on this.  Whatever 10%, 20%, 35% or 1% we will still get our kills than what is there to complain about??
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Voxpire

For all intense purposes, it should be nerfed anyway, because of the high grade items that will become available in the near future, everything needs to be scalable so we can continue to release new content.

Drake11

thats what i like to hear vor, about new content :P just wish some folks would give it a chance tbh

Voxpire

Another point I'd like to make is that, whether it's obvious or not, I am trying to bring skill back in to the game on an even balance with gear.
We don't want it to be about who has the most imbues or highest gear score - sure, that makes a big difference, but I also would like to see it take actual tactics to take down an opponent as well.
Those that don't complain about nerfs are usually the people who prefer a challenge and enjoy change, others who do complain are usually comfortable with what they have and don't like change when it provides an extra challenge, or maybe they just don't have time.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I firmly believe in the fact that the majority is correct - democracy ftw? :P

The truth is, if you don't have any challenge to rise to, you get bored.

All of these mini-patches (49.x) will make perfect sense when patch 50.0 is ready and we unlock the Abyss facet ;)

Electo Jason

Quote from: Drake11 on September 26, 2013, 03:53:50 PM
thats what i like to hear vor, about new content :P just wish some folks would give it a chance tbh

completely agree or just learn not to stand there and get shot :)

You got a mouse for a reason  *Click It*

This could've waited for the new items but instead of compending all the new stuff coming its all about what people thing doesn't work even though it has been explained plenty of times in multiple threads.
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Drake11

dont tease us too much vor, we might get too excited about the upcoming patches

Electo Jason

Quote from: Vorspire on September 26, 2013, 03:57:35 PM
Another point I'd like to make is that, whether it's obvious or not, I am trying to bring skill back in to the game on an even balance with gear.
We don't want it to be about who has the most imbues or highest gear score - sure, that makes a big difference, but I also would like to see it take actual tactics to take down an opponent as well.
Those that don't complain about nerfs are usually the people who prefer a challenge and enjoy change, others who do complain are usually comfortable with what they have and don't like change when it provides an extra challenge, or maybe they just don't have time.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I firmly believe in the fact that the majority is correct - democracy ftw? :P

The truth is, if you don't have any challenge to rise to, you get bored.

All of these mini-patches (49.x) will make perfect sense when patch 50.0 is ready and we unlock the Abyss facet ;)

You need to watch some of the battles we have "with the whiners" and you would see why there is all the complaining :)
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Ladibug

I pvp and i'm complaining because it does need to be fixed. Sorry if you don't agree. Yes you can heal in between hits. But I'm also able to do this to people and I don't like to resort to using it because it's OP. I'd personally rather fight with the weapons that don't use ai atm, but everyone pulls their comp bows out at battles and daily...so what's the point. That's MY opinion. And Jason I never just stand there unless i'm lagging out for some reason.

Hmmm...now what else can i complain about........... ;)
I <3 my Soul Family

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]