Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 49.4

Started by Voxpire, August 10, 2013, 01:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake11

not really referring to you ladibug i was just trying to explain to you that its not broken its just how its set up atm, sorry for the confusion
Imperator of Warcry [WAR]
Commanding Lord of the House of Targaryen

Electo Jason

Quote from: Ladibug on September 26, 2013, 04:05:49 PM
I pvp and i'm complaining because it does need to be fixed. Sorry if you don't agree. Yes you can heal in between hits. But I'm also able to do this to people and I don't like to resort to using it because it's OP. I'd personally rather fight with the weapons that don't use ai atm, but everyone pulls their comp bows out at battles and daily...so what's the point. That's MY opinion. And Drak I never just stand there unless i'm lagging out for some reason.

Hmmm...now what else can i complain about........... ;)

Yah we were not referring to you at all were referring to recent PK sprees we have had :)
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

zaxarus

There is nothing left to complain about, Ladibug, cause the "complaining about complaining" was already done by someone else - starting a meta discussion (that - luckily - did not happen thanks to Vorspire). :P
The funny thing on this is only that this person - always - was one of those tripping in world chat when someone used AI.^^

This ignored i am glad that we get a nerf on that. Time to bring other weapons and things back into the game.

I so much hope we will get this today... ^^
Tys

"My name is my name."

Voxpire

Everyone is correct, whether for or against the nerf, but like I said, I look at the majority vote - I don't physically play the game, so I rely on you as a community collective to spell out the logic and reasoning behind mechanics.
I might not always make comment, because I don't like to interfere, but I am always reading the posts :)

Drake11

appreciate that vor, i normally only post suggests and/or bugs or try to answer someones question here or there, but sometimes i just feel i have to throw my two cents into a topic because of the way its going down. Yeah maybe ai needed to be nerfed a bit, or the other abilities/spells buffed a bit, but theres absolutely no need for the amount of attention thats been drawn to it these past several days, It had its own thread for crying out loud, not sure how it even ventured into this one.

Electo Jason

Quote from: zaxarus on September 26, 2013, 04:11:23 PM
There is nothing left to complain about, Ladibug, cause the "complaining about complaining" was already done by someone else - starting a meta discussion (that - luckily - did not happen thanks to Vorspire). :P
The funny thing on this is only that this person - always - was one of those tripping in world chat when someone used AI.^^

This ignored i am glad that we get a nerf on that. Time to bring other weapons and things back into the game.

I so much hope we will get this today... ^^

"This Person" Never once complained about AI or any other skill so think what you want to. 
Just pointing out that no matter what skill on what weapon I have used in the past I am always told "I fight cheap"  I disarm someone with a bow or glaive in CTF when I have the flag in order to score and not get hit.....It's cheap...no its strategy.

MS with my Frostbringer....that's cheap stop spamming something I cant heal!!

it is sad the only way to stop the complaining is to run around with fists but wait!! than I can paralyze you and disarm you double cheap....

Anyways Nerf no Nerf the kill count will be the same as before because again PVP is avoiding being killed which means once and a while move and don't stand in a cluster casting EV
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Voxpire

Some times it's for the best. Nothing like a good old protest on my door-step :P

Ladibug

Thank you very much Vor! I really appreciate balanced PvP. And I really like that PvP has come back to Pandora :) It's starting to pick up, and so is the population!
I <3 my Soul Family

Electo Jason

Anyways subject over with :)

Anyone care to place bets on what the next "OverPowered" Skill complaining will be?

I am guessing it will be back on Para Poison :)
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

zaxarus

Quote"This Person" Never once complained about AI or any other skill so think what you want to. 
Not true. Multiple times.

As for "Disarm" and every other ability i am on your side, totally:
Use what you can. There cannot be a "cheat" when you just use something your weapon (or you) is able to do. Let it look cheap, yet it is an ability.
Spamming this or that ALWAYS is a cheap way of winning, yes. But on the other hand: Didn't we all use AI last weeks? Yes, we did. Why? Cause it was effective.
So thanks to the Gods this bs will stop...^^

Tys

"My name is my name."

Drake11

right on vor, i honestly thought pvp was pretty decent,yeah ai hits hard, but i just counter it and move on like its not even there, we have high health, we need something that hits hard, or else we'd never die unless there are teams of people setting up gank squads, which is fine if thats the way you want it, im building quite the little squad of pvp'rs myself so its all good to me. i have yet to come out and complain about anything because honestly, i give it a chance first before i find a reason to complain about it, give us all 1 health and sure ill roll with it lol. pvp everywhere, not just on pandora, in every mmo ive played and that number has gotten quite high, isnt about who does the most damage or who takes the least damage, its all about finding the right strategy to win and believe me there is always multiple ways to do it and having the guts to stick it out until you get it right and when you do, youre gonna fly for sure.

Electo Jason

Quote from: Drake11 on September 26, 2013, 04:24:10 PM
right on vor, i honestly thought pvp was pretty decent,yeah ai hits hard, but i just counter it and move on like its not even there, we have high health, we need something that hits hard, or else we'd never die unless there are teams of people setting up gank squads, which is fine if thats the way you want it, im building quite the little squad of pvp'rs myself so its all good to me. i have yet to come out and complain about anything because honestly, i give it a chance first before i find a reason to complain about it, give us all 1 health and sure ill roll with it lol. pvp everywhere, not just on pandora, in every mmo ive played and that number has gotten quite high, isnt about who does the most damage or who takes the least damage, its all about finding the right strategy to win and believe me there is always multiple ways to do it and having the guts to stick it out until you get it right and when you do, youre gonna fly for sure.

Very much agreed ask anyone I have played any MMO game with they know once I learn the game its over with :) and having a good team like we do in WAR makes it so much better.
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

zaxarus

You are right, Drak, i agree.

But:
As Ladibug correctly stated, PvP on Pandora was so much more before, than it is now. So maybe lets look at the complaining not as complaining but to comparing the "now" with the "back then".
So the coming changes may bring the new and the old things back together. Let's see how it works.
There are 2 ways of complaining:
1.) Just to complain
or
2.) in trying to make something "better". Of course that's a subjective thingy. But still everyone has the right to do so, as you do, as Jason does, as i do or other players involved. Or not?

I am always open to new things. And I don't think that I've complained about AI in a destructive or illogical way. To me it was about the comparison between "PvP back then" and "PvP right now" and what seemed to be more fun.
So, again, a combination of new added content and old fashion may be the compromise we should all be looking for.

Oh, and as for the Para Poison:
The anger and fury about it has always been part of Pandora. Personally I don't like it, but i've never said anything about it, because it's just part of all this like any other ability.^^

Tys

"My name is my name."

Ladibug

I agree with you as well Drak. I am not a very good pvper, although I am trying to be. I still have much to learn for sure.
I <3 my Soul Family

Electo Jason

Quote from: Ladibug on September 26, 2013, 04:33:50 PM
I agree with you as well Drak. I am not a very good pvper, although I am trying to be. I still have much to learn for sure.

Drak is for sure a good person to learn from
I am willing to also help
As I am sure Silent is to
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan