Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Couple Noob Questions

Started by Sedah, October 18, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sedah

Hello everybody,
    I just started and am trying to figure this thing out.  I have worked some skills up to 100 in the training room.  (Necromancy, Spirit Speaking, Magery, Meditation, Wrestling, Swordsmanship, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Focus)  and I used that 75 skill ball thing to get 75 Animal Taming, Inscription, and Poisioning.  

Hope I am working in the right direction here...OK, anyways I was looking at a few websites and from what I can gather I have 2 basic goals right now that I could use a little help with if nobody minds offering some assitance.

I am reading that in Tokuno (I think its spelled that way) I can simply grind out some time for some good items, but I see that doesnt happen on every UO server...is that going on here?  Seems like a good way to figure out my character and earn some useful stuff.

Also, where can I work taming up over 75?  Is there any good spots or suggested areas that I hopefully wont die 99% of the time :) ya know, like 80% is ok LOL.  Any suggestions would be appericated.

Thank you all and hope to see you around the world.

~Sedah, currently the SUPER Noob :)

LokiUO

Looks like you used her skill ball on hard gain skills which is good.

Tokuno on tuesdays!  Kill anything in Tokuno on tuesday and the more you kill the greater your chance of a special item.  You can get special items in Tokuno during the week but it has to be in the dungeon areas which are PVP.

Look at Uoguide.com The Tamer information is correct there.  Most of the info there is correct for Pandora.  Tame 2 boura's.  Find the best ones you can and use them to fight.  Together they do very well and are easily replaceable.  Learn about animal bonding, makes moving around with pets and allows you to resurect them.

Think about adding archery and Vet.  You can sick your pets on something, stand back with your bow and heal your pets using vet.  Animal Lore is a must if you are going to use pets, easy to macro.

Search this forum for animal taming info.  It will tell you what you can get and when and what to use.
I went from 2 Boura's to 2 Bake's to 2 Cold Drakes to 1 Greater Dragon to 1 Frost Dragon for a pet.  Bulls and Gaman are good to raise your skill.
If you are going to PVM look up UO sampire build.   If you are interested in PvM it is a good way to go. Make money and buy crafted armor from players, it is better than most things that drop.  Look at advanced players paper dolls and see what they are wearing.

Keep all gems and sell them to players.  Pay attention to the trade channel to see what things are going for.  Take advantage of the Young dungeon..  Start your hunting in Shame level 1 fighting Earth Elementals, kill them, get gold and gems, sell gems, improve gear, repeat.  Travel around and find good places to hunt.  There are many that are near gates.
Insure your good items so you dont loose them.
Get good armor that gives you a lot of resists,  get them all up to 70, it is possible to do for about 20k a piece of armor.  You need high resist if anything is going to hit you, stuff hits very hard on this server.

The info above really helped me out. Ill answer any question I can, I am in no way an advanced player.  Fun server, cool people.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman