Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Humans

Started by Aaliah, May 28, 2010, 08:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaliah

Don't you think humans don't really have something that makes it worth being one?
what I mean is, elves got a nice bonus to their mana, have better passive detect hidden, are more difficult to track, can find colored ore/wood better than humans and gargoyles and can raisse their energy resistance 5% more than normal.

On the other hand, humans get some shitty bonuses (specialy when we're a no-skillcap shard), for example: +10% to ammount of resources gathered (wow... big, huh?), have 2 passive hitpoints regen (big, huh? kinda useless for most situations, unless you manage to stack additional 10 or so regen), all skills behave like they would if they were at 20.0 if they're below that (you can get them up to about 30 for 300 gold/skill), and they can carry 60 extra stones...so the only one that's really useful is the last.

Not to mention elves also have their own armor in addition to regular gear, and they're the only race that can tame cu sidhes.

Imo, this is kind of unbalanced. I changed from elf to human because i felt like humans should be more able at close-quarters combat, but it doesnt seem so. It's just like elves can cast better and humans can't fight better.
[e scream

King Kong

i thought they got a extra 10 hp in the the str equation... ?

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Aaliah

When I changed to human i didn't notice any increase :/
[e scream

Ineffable

humans can have facial hair

Noyanu

humans have extra weigth carrying bonus.. besides.. You cant balance races cuz they are different.

Aaliah

Yes, they're different, but what do you say about having everyone that wants to pvp need to be an elf because humans don't gain any benefit for pvp?
[e scream

Aaliah

What I mean is, as a non-skillcap shard we should have all races be just as able as the other ones to do everything (in different manners, but able).
So if one decides to be an elf, it's better to rely on spellcasting, but if one decides to be a human, they should be in some way comparable to elven race when it comes to an "overall rating".
I don't want all races the same, thats why there are races in UO.
[e scream

Noyanu

If  you have better  balance system just let us know. But Wanting something you dont even know makes no sense. Thats why I dislike  democracy . People dont know what they want and why they want but they want it somehow anyway ;P

enough with joking currently race system is pretty balanced and designed by game engineers.  So I am okay with that =)

Aaliah

QuoteBut Wanting something you dont even know makes no sense. Thats why I dislike democracy .

Sorry if i didn't want to shoot an option like "GIVE ME +10 HP FOR BEING HUMAN" because i wanted to hear other people's opinions. I believe the Dev team knows how to balance the game to fit the shard's features (to me it seems that you never played a shard like this, and tell you this: I have for over 5 years).

Quoteenough with joking currently race system is pretty balanced and designed by game engineers. So I am okay with that =)

They developed OSI. no more.
[e scream

Aaliah

QuoteThats why I dislike democracy.

You shouldn't, democracy makes it so you can actualy post your opinion in here, otherwise we wouldn't have a "general discussion" forum.
[e scream

G606

Makes sense.  The extra carrying cap is so-so since you can, in theory, carry more than you can put in your backpack.  I do agree that having no skill cap makes the 20 "phantom skill points" humans get in each skill kinda pointless.  I wish I could come up with a single suggestion as to what would make a better racial advantage but I can't.  Don't know how to vote in the poll so I'll just abstain on this one.  Something new would be nice but can't think of anything appropriate.

G606

Lol, just saw the voting section, still abstaining though due to lack of ideas!

Noyanu

QuoteYou shouldn't, democracy makes it so you can actualy post your opinion in here, otherwise we wouldn't have a "general discussion" forum.

As I said.. for telling my opinion there is no need for democracy and even so telling my opinion would still make no sense..

and majority of players demand something which makes no sense  of course it would be right things to do according to democracy. thats how it works and thats how it sux. and many shards I've played up to now  wasted by players demands and requests which makes no sense at all. thats why I'll never accept democrocy..

anyhow , some people who have position of manegment knows what to do and how to do it well and some others always try to act in the way of demands and requests of players which does not makes sense at all.. Pandora Team is cool. As far as I've seen best staff ever. Not cocky and not cookie.

You have free will of chosing your race . and in Pandora some of best PVPers are human like HaciKobra and some other best PVPers are elven . I've not seen ubercool gargoyles yet but Im sure there could be someone around or maybe I'll be one when I really suited on and unlock my stats and skills fully.

Fearfactory

Racial abilities taken from stratics.
Gargoyles haven't been brought to question so I'll skip them.
Green/Red text are my opinions on them and indicated useful/useless respectively.

Racial Abilities
#    Night Sight
Elves always have the effect of a full strength Night Sight spell. (Negates need for Night Sight armor, potion or spell)
#    Infused with Magic
Elves have an increased energy resistance cap. Elven players must still increase their actual resistances through normal means (i.e. through equipment and magical effects). (Everyone avoids energy spells but still nice)
#    Knowledge of Nature
Elves receive an increase to their chance of acquiring special resources such as colored ore when mining or special boards when lumberjacking. (Just awesome)
#    Difficult to Track
Elves are more difficult to track than humans. (Best PvP racial ever)
#    Perception
Elves gain an increased chance to passively detect hidden monsters and enemies. (Second best PvP racial ever)
#    Wisdom
Elves receive a bonus to their maximum mana. (Mediocre but good)

Racial Abilities
#    Strong Back
Humans have an increased carrying capacity above what is determined by their strength. (Goes above max backpack capacity so pretty worthless)
#    Tough
Humans regenerate hit points faster than normal. (Nice no matter what you're doing)
#    Workhorse
Humans have a better chance at finding more resources while gathering hides, ore and lumber. (Special resources are more worthwhile)
#    Jack of All Trades
Humans have a basic ability in all skills, even untrained ones. (No Skill cap)

the_slave_revolt

I've got to say Humans only have the Hp regen 2 going for them and 60 stones extra. I think it is really imbalanced as well. I don't have a human character, just because I know how bad of a balance there is. Give the humans some benefit in place of that "Jack of all trades." +hpmax or stamina max would be good imho.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman