Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Humans

Started by Aaliah, May 28, 2010, 08:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orange_peel

by Konstantine ยป Fri May 28, 2010 8:18 pm

i thought they got a extra 10 hp in the the str equation... ?

Could you be confusing it with the increased carrying capacity?
http://www.uoguide.com/Humans#Strong_Back

Micah

Yes* Change Human Race Bonuses.

Elf Racial Bonuses:  PvE  5, PvP  4, Trade skill  1
Automatically detect hidden - PvE/PvP
Hard to track - PvE/PvP
Increased energy resist cap - PvE/PvP
Bonus to maximum mana - PvE/PvP
Night sight - PvE
Bonus to find special crafting materials - Trade skill

Gargoyle Racial Bonuses:  PvE  4, PvP  4, Trade Skill  1
Flying - PvE/PvP
Berserker rage - PvE/PvP
Bonus to ranged HCI - PvE/PvP
Bunus to Mysticism and 2 mana regen - PvE/PvP
Bonus to Imbue, Enhance, and unravel - Trade Skill

Human Racial Bonuses:  PvE  1, PvP 1, Trade Skill 2
2 HP regen bonus  - PvE/PvP
50 stone weight carrying bonus - PvE/Trade Skill
10% bonus to gathering resources - Trade Skill
Basic understanding of untrained skills - Pandora Not applicable

The only Human Racial Bonus I might consider worthwhile is the 10% gathering bonus, however, The Elf gathering bonus is better. So in conclusion, making a Human for pvp/pve or trade skills is just dumb.

My suggestion for a revision of the human race leans them twards a more melee combat oriented race:

[Revised]
[b]Human Racial Bonuses:
[/u]  PvP 3, PvE 3, Trade Skill  1

Toughness: 10 HP Bonus - PvP/PvE
Combat Expertise: 3 HCI/DCI Bonus (Stackable with other hci/dci) - PvP/PvE
Armor Master: 5% bonus to resist physical cap - PvP/PvE
Focused: 5% exceptional crafting bonus. Trade Skill

Co Kane

Just play the Game....
L|D

pskarren

then whats next wanna balance the sexes since females have better armor?

Enix

It's just a dialog/suggestion thread, but if you think about the question (not taking into account gargs) then if you make a male/human, you are at a slight disadvantage on armor as well.  There are elf only items, and female only items, but no male only and no human only items.  So if you make a female elf you can wear all armor types, but you can't as a male/human.  Which is why irl I'm a dude, but run around in game as a chick elf, just sayin...

But its been this way since the elf race was introduced, just have to deal with it.

Slim Shady

well humans have a bonus's already built in game but, u don't see em because they're passive abilities. Some are not told to you like the 2 base mana regen humans get and not elves nor gargoyles get that. Humans can carry more ,which would make them a better miner which means more roughstones/ore and when you hunt you can carry more leather and gold. Also there is a ability, that when you go in a cave humans have 20 for every skill, which is jack of all trades i believe, so no they should not have a bonus, because they have them already.  ;)

Belegerandh

Humans need a tamable 'Fupa' (See Below).

A Fupa may only be tamed by human females but may accompany, and be ridden by, human males. A Fupa's special ability is to auto-dispel server crashes. Upon successful dispel, a Fupa will then search out it master or return to its stable, whichever is nearest to the Fupa's current location.

Found At:     Near any town where there are lots and lots of people.
Related To:         Bog Thing, Quagmire, Bogling, Dark Wolf, Dire Wolf, Grey Wolf, Hell Hound, Hell Hound (Leader), Silver Wolf, Timber Wolf, White Wolf
First Seen:    The Second Age
Damage:    40 - 95 HP, 60% Physical Damage, 40% Cold Damage
Loyalty:    Not Given
Fame:    Level 1     Karma:    Negative Level 0 (300)
Magic Level:    Not Given    Poison Level:    Not Given
Slayer Weapon Vulnerability:    None    Ranged Attack:    None
Required Taming:    95.1    Speed:    Fast
Pack Instincts:    Canine    Auto Dispel:    Yes
Preferred Foods:    Meat    Barding Difficulty:    85.2

Aaliah

QuoteBut its been this way since the elf race was introduced, just have to deal with it.

because something was made in a way it's bad, doesn't mean it shouldn't be changed. violence exists since ever, which doesn't mean we "just have to deal with it".

Also, shady: read fearfactory's post, explains pretty well why it's unbalanced.
[e scream

Belegerandh

Or, optionally, we could just forego the elf race entirely. Oh, and females, too! Heck ya! Human males everywhere .. nah. Even if a lot of the girls here are really guys it's still kinda fun to see a woman. Not like I'm here to hook up or anything lol

*my best testimonial voice* 'Ya, I met my wife here ona free UO shard. Ain't sure if she's a he but it's all good, you know? All I know is she's enchanted like an elf!'  :?

Belegerandh

Well, back to lock picking ..

Ky Pandorian

May be human not so good for PVP here, as on shard with skillcup, but there is one wonderful thing. If you change race twice (human-elf-human or elf-human-elf)you can make new hairs for char for free :). Usially this thing WERY expencive.

Enix

OK, so I tried it out the other day, had a female human char, 150 STR, 10 DEX, 150 INT.  My HP were 125, STAM 10, MANA 150, and MAX Weight 625 or so...changed to Elf, HP stayed the same, STAM stayed the same, MANA went to 170 and MAX Weight to 565.  So you lose a little weight capacity, but it was already more than your backpack can carry anyway, but you get a MANA boost with the Elf and still have the same amount of HP, at least using the stats that I had.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman