Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Getting a Low Virtual Memory Error when starting UO? [Tutorial Fix]

Quick fix page here: http://pandorauo.com/traffic/virtualmemory.html

Or...

STEPS

1. Download: http://www.pandorauo.com/traffic/LargeAddressAware.exe

Open the Program

2. Select an Executable -- Select client.exe in your UO install directory.

3. Check Box the Large Address Aware Flag!

4. Click Save. Restart UOSteam and it should open Ultima Online fine.

Still having trouble? Manually make your Virtual Memory higher. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-virtual-memory-size#1TC=windows-7

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

blackmyst

not sure whats going on I have no issue right now cause I have not updated lol but olwie did and I hooked into his computer with team viewer to help him out and did what it said to do and still gave him a memory issue when using steam used razor booted right up just thought I would let people know

LoriLee

I am still having the same issue. Have done what was said above still does not work with steam. I have to log in using razor also  :(

blackmyst

yep seems to be a steam issue that's why I have not updated uo yet

King Kong

Weird, I tested it on 2 computers with Steam and it worked for me.

Pino Occhio

I just noticed this topic :D
Worked for me on 2 pc, one with windows 10 and one with windows 7.
Thanks a lot.

Dwarvey

I tried it on my desktop. Still a no go. Without being able to run UO on my desktop I have a unstable connection, so I'm kinda stuck in UO limbo

GM NollKoll

Could try something idiotic like close empty windows or any window that's up. Folders on PC etc. That memory deal is super stupid.
Then another thing I havnt tried, open chrome or something, then have 10ish tabs of YouTube and flash etc, and close all tabs at once then open uo quickly afterwards :-P
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Dwarvey

Well I just updated the client on my wife's laptop, and now it has the same virtual memory issue. I'm so screwed.

King Kong

Quote from: Dwarvey on December 05, 2015, 01:06:37 PM
Well I just updated the client on my wife's laptop, and now it has the same virtual memory issue. I'm so screwed.

If you Google Virtual Memory error there are multiple ways of getting around it. There is always a way, just have to see which option your computer responds too.

Dwarvey

Sorry Kon, but I don't think it is a memory issue at all. As soon as I updated the wife's UO client it gave the same error. I went into my tower settings and set aside 2 gigs for virtual. Nothing worked. I ended up grabing a version of Razor to get back on.

zaxarus

I have to agree. If the tricks work, that's a good thing. But i don't think this is a memory problem. Whatever it is, it seems too random. ^^

Tys

"My name is my name."

LoriLee

I have had to use Razor for a few months now because of the low virtual memory error. I have tried everything and nothing works. All this started after I updated UO  :(

Flint Fireforge

I didn't get a low virtual memory error but encountered another problem when our local server went down. Seems windows 10 holds onto an ip address and wont refresh you have to go back in router settings and manually adjust. But after doing this still had issues. I had another player send me there old client.exe and replaced mine with theres cleared up all issues.
To be or not to be or to simply enjoy the game with good friends.

necromancerhell

Quote from: zaxarus on December 07, 2015, 03:54:36 AM
I have to agree. If the tricks work, that's a good thing. But i don't think this is a memory problem. Whatever it is, it seems too random. ^^

You're right. This has nothing to do with the computer; the problem is uosteam. That is why Razor works fine.
Between UO and Diablo III.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]