Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Epic

Started by King Kong, February 23, 2013, 03:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Thinking about introducing a brand new line of "epic" artifacts.

Completely custom, and I want the players to choose them.

They would have a chance of dropping on any monster in the game very rarely. This would make all dungeons have some value. Harder the mosnter, better the chance.

Please reply here with "epic" items. Stuff anyone would want.

Format:

Type: (what is is, a ring, a helmet, what?)
Stats: (FCR, HP, etc etc)

Please be reasonable, actual items that are good, better than really any other items in the game or close to it, depending on the stats, etc. But nothing that just blows up everyone around you in 2 seconds kind of thing... You get it. :)

Thank you folks. Please reply & chat about it. I want to start making them soon.

Again these would be a rare drop. But could drop on any creature in the game. Let me know if you guys think this is a good idea or bad idea regardless. hehe.

<3

PS - Huge patch coming in we think within 24 hours.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Johana

Johana's Epic Chainmail Coif:
15 Intel
10 Strength
10% Lower mana cost
20% Lower reagent cost
Mana increase 10
Stamina 8
Mana regen 2
10% Poison eater
25% Physical resist
25% Cold resist
25% Fire resist
25% Poison resist
25% Energy resist

Make it the same color as the doom war stuff :)

Thatperson

I'm all in favour of more eaters... No mage armour? :]

Horns Nigel

Nigel's Gargish Dagger:

Color: Dark green
Deadly posion
Blodd Drinker
Spell Channeling
Lightning 50%
Life leech 50%
Fireball 50%
luck 300
Damage Increase
Swing speed increase
Hit chance increase

TY Kon  Great idea.......Nigel

Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Mercathane

lolz..its already out of hand.
In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

Thatperson

Pandoranihalator
weapon type :halberd
Pandora slayer (works on pcoin mobs) :)
Spell channelling
Swing speed 35
33% fire damage
33%cold damage
34%poison damage
imbuable

Saturn

Saturn's Epic Advantage;

Bracelet;
10 str bonus
10 dex bonus
10 int bonus
10 SSI
15 SDI
5 mana regen
5 hit regen
5 stam regen
1 FC
2 FCR

Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Saturn

Saturn's Epic Hallowed Chest

Bone Tunic;
Mage Armor
5% Damage Eaters
15% xResists
5 dex bonus
imbuable
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Mercathane

Listen, I'm not gonna be popular but I'm gonna say this.  A more fair tweak would be to tweak a few things on the doom armor, make any doom arti weapon of a 100% elemental property.  The best being cold and fire.  If say most of the doom jewelry is good.  I use a war bracelet myself.  But adding a completely OP as that is what everyone above has listed will just imbalance the game.  People who mainly pvm are like woohoo I'm invincible to this dumb mob and I can kill it faster.  People who pvp are like wtf I just got insta killed.  Now if you need me to literally pick these apart I can do that.  I'd prefer not too though. 

This keeps the realm of the weapon more realistic.  Obviously the easier u make the other gear reach stat and modifier caps the more desirable it will be. 

This should be the goal not making the Armgo Ass kicking World Ender..just seriously no.  Aside from a few key things OSI has done well to balance the weapon mechanics.  There are viable reasons to use many many different weapons.  This sort of one hit wonder piece seriously threatens that. 

Further,  we all know there are some absolutely rich people on the shard.  Being able to buy a full tweaked to maximum effective pandora artifact suit especially when fully imbued would make that person a virtual demigod on the shard. 

IMO it opens up more worms than fun.
In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

Saturn

Hahahahaha, this  can get outta hand.

Saturn's Epic Paladin Sword;

10% damage eaters
500luck
100% fire dmg
5 str bonus
5 dex bonus
5 int bonus

(same as  the prosperity swords, but with a small stat bonus)

Horns Nigel

I think his idea opens up all the dungeons to hunting again, I mean lets face it no one hunts in any of the trammel ones anymore.
I dont really care what value the items have on them, I would be happy just finding anything unique, for me I am much more interested in Deco items than another weapon or piece of jewelry.

I listed an item because that's what he asked for, BUT.......

Let me kill a Titan and let me find his coal stove on his corpse, or an Orc and get a can of sardines and you will see me smile  ;).....Nigel

Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Saturn

Quote from: Mercathane on February 23, 2013, 05:10:04 PM
Listen, I'm not gonna be popular but I'm gonna say this.  A more fair tweak would be to tweak a few things on the doom armor, make any doom arti weapon of a 100% elemental property.  The best being cold and fire.  If say most of the doom jewelry is good.  I use a war bracelet myself.  But adding a completely OP as that is what everyone above has listed will just imbalance the game.  People who mainly pvm are like woohoo I'm invincible to this dumb mob and I can kill it faster.  People who pvp are like wtf I just got insta killed.  Now if you need me to literally pick these apart I can do that.  I'd prefer not too though. 

This keeps the realm of the weapon more realistic.  Obviously the easier u make the other gear reach stat and modifier caps the more desirable it will be. 

This should be the goal not making the Armgo Ass kicking World Ender..just seriously no.  Aside from a few key things OSI has done well to balance the weapon mechanics.  There are viable reasons to use many many different weapons.  This sort of one hit wonder piece seriously threatens that. 

Further,  we all know there are some absolutely rich people on the shard.  Being able to buy a full tweaked to maximum effective pandora artifact suit especially when fully imbued would make that person a virtual demigod on the shard. 

IMO it opens up more worms than fun.

I went over the items listed, and all of them are very simular to items already in game. Nothing says these items with ever make it to game to begin with. Im sure most of us are just throwing ideas out there that fit into their dream idea of armor. But I'd give Kon some credit into realizing which would be foolish to implement, if any.
Also, if you major concern is that any suggested item could be use to imbalance pvp, than simply making 100% phys damage would largely, if not completely rule that out....
Some unique Pandora only weapons are kinda overdue the way i see it.

Mercathane

I don't think anyone is dumb.  I simply don't like the idea.  Whether or not I argue from the pvp perspective or not you already acknowledge it would create said imbalance.

I have no idea what your 100% physical damage comment means.

What I meant is that they already have unique properties being doom Artie's.  just make sure none of their damage is physical.  I said this so the weapon would be effective pvm or pvp.  Physical damage is an unwanted trait on weapons. Period.  That imbalances nothing..simply makes them desirable.

Existing doom Artie's already allow for basically the perfect suit.   Trust me I know about the "perfect" suit.  I also know there are already 2 ways to make it.

I already said my oppinion wouldn't be popular but I'm willing to play the devils advocate due to my feelings on the issue. 

~Plutarch

Johana

The Merc's Epic Howitzer:

Heavy Heavy Cross Bow
60% SSI (over cap 1s!)
18 Tile radius of fire
Specials:
Moving Shot
Conflag pot lobbing with splash damage
and it make you invisible

Hehe

Mercathane

Lolz. Only you and I get one Jo.  We start a new guild called order of the sacred pwning and we just go murder people.  Just become the scourge of pandora.

~Plutarch

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]