Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

[grab

Started by Miki McNaughty, March 06, 2013, 03:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miki McNaughty

The new changes to grab I feel are going to be very detrimental to Pandora and to her players. By allowing [grab you let us clean up our messes, keep our field of vision clear when there are so many corpses you cant see the ground, let alone find your corpse even with control/shift. With a shard as busy as Pandora, at any given time there can and will be hundreds and hundres of corpses laying around waiting on decay. It can cause immense lag for the server, and some players don't have great connections and all those bodies can cause them lag. If you change it to [grab empty bodies only, that will not help. Who totally loots a corpse. Restricted weight, loot trash No Way! Only in Dungeons?  Doom is a dungeon, [grab  doesnt work there, Solen Hive, not there either, just to name two. Please, Please let use clean up, keep lag down.  Ever heard the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."   Also, thanks for your decision to return Iron Beetles back to full shrinkable packs.
When Death comes for you, you shouldn't show up with perfect bones and ripped abs, instead, you should slide in sideways with a chocolate bar in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, screaming "Holy Shit what a RIDE!"

Thatperson

it doesnt recognise ter mur as a dungeon either

Voxpire

It was either this, or remove it completely.
Obviously it still needs tweaks, the entire code was re-written.

The old Grab command was dangerous and didn't consider others when you're looting.
What if it deleted a corpse with a rare item on it? Grab trashes everything except items with 300+ weighting.

Thaggis

Quote from: Vorspire on March 06, 2013, 06:07:37 AM
It was either this, or remove it completely.
Obviously it still needs tweaks, the entire code was re-written.

The old Grab command was dangerous and didn't consider others when you're looting.
What if it deleted a corpse with a rare item on it? Grab trashes everything except items with 300+ weighting.

The old grab didnt work unless you were far away from other players & had looting rights.. so I dont see why it was dangerous? the only corpses you could delete were ones that 'belong' to you

Voxpire

And that's exactly how it works now, minus deleting non-empty corpses.

Trust me, if you read the code of the old command and understood it, you'd call it dangerous too.

At the end of the day, Konstantine told me to remove the grab command completely.
The fact that it's still in the game is a miracle.

Empati

before champ monsters corpse (not boss)is used to disappear on its own.so we need this system again:)because we cant use grab anymore.

Voxpire

Question.

The old Grab command, did it let you use it anywhere?

Miki McNaughty

Yes, in answer to your question, [grab could be used everywhere, only on your corpses and I use grab only after I have finished looting a corpse unless at champs. I look before I use grab. This morning doing a Tmap, I had to wait for spawn to decay before I could take lockpick to chest, being covered with corpses. There has to be a happy medium someplace.
When Death comes for you, you shouldn't show up with perfect bones and ripped abs, instead, you should slide in sideways with a chocolate bar in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, screaming "Holy Shit what a RIDE!"

Empati

old grab command help us alot of when we doing champ or mini champ.now hard to see monster in game :)corpses close to living monsters :)

Voxpire

I'm willing to lift the restrictions if people are willing to accept they could be deleting important items and promise they won't complain about it if they do ;)

What I don't understand is that currently, champ trash spawns have their corpses deleted instantly on death, this will be changed to a 3 minute decay after the next reboot.

Drake11

I do quite a few champs, after the last major patch, the one where the champ graphic changed when dying, the champ trash does not disappear on death. I like that chance, I also do not mind the way [grab works now, with the exception of champs. I get so many corpses on the ground, I cannot see anything, and in turn forces me to move, sometimes outside of the champ region, which causes the spawn deaths to not count towards candles. One option I was considering suggestion was perhaps the new [grab combines items into one corpse, while deleting all the others, allowing [grab to be useful at champs again, as well as not deleting rare items. Not sure if that is the best way, but it is one thought I had.
Imperator of Warcry [WAR]
Commanding Lord of the House of Targaryen

Ladibug

Miki - You know you can ctrl+shift and see where the treasure chest is at. You don't have to wait for the corpses to decay.

I haven't been on to test [grab yet. But i really love that feature. It helps a lot.
I <3 my Soul Family

Thatperson

ctrl + shift doesnt work when theres so many corpses all with a name tag that shows with ctrl +shift too. finding the renowned when it spawns under the hundreds of corpses at mini champs is impossible.
Im perfectly happy with these changes but i would like to see it extended worldwide not just in dungeons, or at least add styg abyss to the dungeon list as the mini champs are a big mess

Voxpire

The command is actually configurable in-game without a restart,  we have an option to disable dungeons only, but I have a feeling it can be misused somewhat.
I've modified the command for the next reboot, the updated notes are in the publish topic.

Thatperson

good man, i will admit i have accidentlly [grabbed when there was something i wanted to loot so i totally see what your trying to acheive :)

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman