Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Unraveling stuff

Started by dollar, April 02, 2013, 07:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dollar

How do you unravel a whole item now?

Voxpire

You can't. We're discussing whether we want to add it in again or not.

dollar

Thatperson

We get better mat returns unravelling individually now anyway and with rough stones available to all now I hardly see the need for whole item unravvelling.. Either way its definitly no biggie anymore :-D

Quote from: Thatperson on April 02, 2013, 11:03:05 AM
We get better mat returns unravelling individually now anyway and with rough stones available to all now I hardly see the need for whole item unravvelling.. Either way its definitly no biggie anymore :-D

While this is true, it would be nice to get something for just unraveling a whole item, even if its just magical residue (something that is now hard to come across and shouldn't be)

Horns Nigel

I would be ok with it if you could just get Magical residue and essence as before....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Saturn

Quote from: Horns Nigel on April 07, 2013, 12:26:04 PM
I would be ok with it if you could just get Magical residue and essence as before....Nigel

Unraveling should be just magical residue and essence...Whats the point of farming anything but rough stones now?
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

King Kong

Quote from: Saturn on April 08, 2013, 05:29:07 PM

Unraveling should be just magical residue and essence...Whats the point of farming anything but rough stones now?

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Emerist

This could be a easy fix. Have them drop on npc's in tram. only to offset the rough stone and fel. as this could keep hunting in tram. from being totally pointless. It could also give young player something to trade for rough stones if there not ready to hunt in fel.

Quote from: Konstantine on April 08, 2013, 11:12:32 PM
Quote from: Saturn on April 08, 2013, 05:29:07 PM

King ?? did we forget to type. LOL :D

Saturn
Not all loot is worth unraveling so sometimes it's quicker just to farm it. I've seen more people in ter mur dungeons now then I did before.

Hint.... Be careful of what you ask for as it may start taking you a day or two to get what you need for one imbue attempt. ......;)
*Throws computer off closest bridge*

zaxarus

May I remind of the times where getting the right (and enough) materials to imbue stuff took... sometimes days, sometimes weeks? When 10 Void Orbs were 1, 2, 3 or 5 million and some people gave up and left? Okay.
And may I remind that Vorspire made an announcement ingame that soon Kon and him will introcude more imbuable properties with A LOT of needed materials? Okay.

And it's right:
Never seen so many people hunting and looting every single mob empty or crafting the hell out of their forges to get the right stuff for unravelling. It's because this system needs this and it's right the way it is. Cause we will need it.

So before begging for nerfs please consider that NOW also new players do have real chances to make some gold and imbues. They don't need powerful and rich friends anymore and certainly no players who sit on their materials and wait for a poor guy to make them even richer. ;)

The economy came back to life. Before this patch there was simply nothing going on, now I see trades all the time. And this is a good thing.

Tys

"My name is my name."

Drake11

I agree with both assessments really, it does seem a little easy, however, Tys is right in the fact that while it does make it easy for the vets to get their gear the way they want it, it also makes it easier for young players to get started, and this is something we must keep in mind for shard growth. If it's impossible for young players to get started, then they will not stay, they will go somewhere where their goals are a little easier to meet. After all keep in mind, this is not a pay to play shard, this is a free shard where most people play casually and getting the required mats is still not as easy for someone who only spends a couple hours a day on Pandora.

I think a small adjustment wouldn't be that bad and wouldn't hurt the casual/new players so much. Perhaps reduce the amount of materials you get from unraveling to 60% from up to 90%? Or even make enchanted essence/magical residue a guaranteed material you get, while giving void orbs, essence of balance, silver snake skins, etc a 50% chance, and relics a 25% chance?

Also we could look at increasing the amount of materials needed for each imbue rather than nerfing the unraveling, as in double the materials required, i.e. 10 relics, 20 void orbs, 20 magical residue.

I don't think the answer is a complete nerf. A compromise in the middle somewhere might be the answer.
Imperator of Warcry [WAR]
Commanding Lord of the House of Targaryen

zaxarus

QuoteI don't think the answer is a complete nerf. A compromise in the middle somewhere might be the answer.
Exactly.
Tys

"My name is my name."

Voxpire

There will be a new resource added for imbuing and a new craft that can help you obtain it easier.
The new resource will be included in world loot, like rough stones, but will be rarer for non-boss creatures.
We're scaling it so that new players can still get the new resource in as many ways as possible, but it won't always be easy.
The new craft will also allow you to extract the new resource from amounts of relic fragments and residue.

I know this information is vague, but the plans are solid, there's just too much to explain in a reply - the full deal will be explained in patch 49 notes.

Horns Nigel

Sounds very interesting.....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Thatperson

ill just throw my opinion in the mix here..
For a long time mat prices have been sky high, 300k+ for 10 of just about anything, then you could fail god knows how many times causing the price of a single imbue to rack up into the millions.. I lost count of how many times a new player has asked me to sell or make them a nice weapon, emptying out thier pockets and offering me everything they have in the world and i have to tell them i simply cant let it go for less than 5+ mil and im already losing money on it at that price.
Relics used to be completely unattainable for newer players, only available on a select handfull of the biggest bosses.. This causes a robin hood situation where the rich get richer and the poor have to keep pouring untold millions into thier pockets and then failing the imbue anyway.
essence and residue are also found on the corpses of all big bosses so what we have here really is a simple roll reversal, essence is the new relic and can be obtained in similar amounts from the same places as relics but also from unravelling, so as much as essence is harder to get now, and i myself and running low on it all the time.. its still easier to get than relics used to be.
runic tools are highly valuable now which encourages bodders and crafters to get busy.
I can say i have never bumbed into so many people randomly than since rough stones became the be all and end all and were put on all fel creatures..
dungeon running is back, these places were desolate before, no point at all to go in before and if you did you just ran past all the little squirts as you made your way to a pre-determined destination... now i leave no stone unturned and clear out every dark corner :D
Of course we dont wanna flood the market with stuff that should be valuable, this is our teething period, and its a better way to stabilize a ballooning economy than any gold sink.. those who sink massive amounts of gold had it because everything was so expensive, and will get it all back by continuing to sell stuff at a high price.
arti's will always be rare and valuable by their nature, but the price of consumables needed to come down, and they have..

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman