medusa egg's

Started by Mr. Giggles, December 07, 2013, 02:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxarus

yes, shouldn't have been a single drop for biz only!  >:(
Tys

"My name is my name."

Mr. Giggles

OK back to the subject can you tell me you thinking on this you only want ppl to be able to fight some monster only so often like the one  a day spawns I don't understand this why limit how often someone can fight something cause if most of the player base is high lvl players they need high lvl monsters to fight or they end up sitting at the bank and then they stop playing altogether you want to bring in more players but they run out of stuff to do so what's gona make them stay plenty of stuff to do right?

GM NollKoll

not trying to limit it per say..  I dont want players to be able to kill a peerless 5 times an hour, but not ofc. needed to hunt for keys for several hours.. Its a fine balance, and its hard to get perfect..
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Mr. Giggles

Well I can say this when you would see ppl or groups do it 5 times in a row more than likely that they worked as a group to get multiple sets for the good of the group like when we hunt keys as a guild we have a member hunting say 5 sets of his boss so after a while we take a group to as many boss's as we can to do like a mini guild event that's what your seeing and it normaly takes us 3-4 hours to get all those sets to do all in a row.

zaxarus

I don't like banksitting, but i have to agree with Giggles. If you want us banksitting, we can do that  although we don't want to.. hard to imagine that this is something you wanna achieve. :P

Tys

"My name is my name."

BizKits

Exactly.

There is no gold drops. Once you get 120's then there is no reason to champ. Least not for me because I don't sell stuff. I have no need for the gold (which isn't dropping anyway), so the fun is in killing big monsters. Which has now been tweaked so we can't kill big monsters.

Huh what?

That's why its called farming. Because you have to do it over. And over. And over. You sit for 3 days without eating chugging Mountain Dew Red Zone Alert or Jolt Cola cuz maybe the next one will have what youre looking for....and of course it doesn't.

You don't change drop rates of items. You don't change the spawn rate of monsters. Maybe you change the drop rate of the keys to get to the monsters. But not the spawn. Cuz get what? We can farm the little monsters to get the keys. That's what we want. Something to do.

No one wants to stand for an hour waiting for a monster to spawn. I'd rather kill stuff for an hour waiting for a key to drop.

Don't want me to drive? Take away my keys. Don't blow up the highway .

Heh....that was rather poetic.

GM NollKoll

*sigh* not trying to make it impossible to farm the peerless bosses, but before u could get all the keys in under 10 minutes for shimmering for example..   Also want some feedback on medusa now, how fast can u get the key etc?
But..

zaxarus

To be honest, and this is no arguing, i think what biz wanted to point out is:
Where is the problem when players kill a shimmering a couple of times in a row or any other (peerless) boss?
Aren't they supposed to be killed?^^
Is it better to sit in the prism of light for hours with no respawning monsters than killing them over and over again with the same result?
When you have tiered up your gear/weaponry and all your stuff, what are you going to do? There is no point, atm, to kill a champ then, because there is no gold drop. And because 99% of the time the powerscrolls are useless, so what do we do? Right, we try to get keys...
This is no fundamental arguing against the mechanisms of Pandora, but nerfing every key drop rate and/or respawn is not rly entertaining.^^

To your question:

Idk when exactly you changed it. I had an egg on the first serpent today. But it took me 2 days to get it. So i will post again, later... ;)

Tys

"My name is my name."

Mozot

This actually is a growing problem.  The reality is a growing percentage of the shard is competing over about 10 spawns that are very rare and getting more rare with more players reaching the point of wanting to kill those.

I don't really see the problem with players running it over and over again.  This is how doom works yet doom arties are still rare despite people running full rounds in 10 mins for hours.

GM NollKoll

im not trying to nerf anything.. 
Trying to make each peerless have the same amount of effort put into it, to get the key for it, as the rest of em, while not trying to make it insanly hard/lame/time consuming to get it.
Before the spawn was rly rly rly lame, then i lowered em, then i lowered em again (but far far to much, i got pms from several players i dont wanna mention about how easy it was to aquire a whole set within a few minutes)

I...do...not...want.. to make the keys rly hard to get, just a bit of hunting to get em, thats all.. for those who wish, please post in this thread or pm me the times on average to get each full set of keys for each peerless, would be nice
But..

zaxarus

Quote from: Mozot on December 10, 2013, 08:57:39 AM
This actually is a growing problem.  The reality is a growing percentage of the shard is competing over about 10 spawns that are very rare and getting more rare with more players reaching the point of wanting to kill those.

I don't really see the problem with players running it over and over again.  This is how doom works yet doom arties are still rare despite people running full rounds in 10 mins for hours.

Agreed.

There are, theoretically, about 50 to 60 players competing over monsters. While champs are everywhere, the bosses are extremely rare.
Minus newbies / AFKers lets say there are between 15 and 30 players every day who want or try to kill bosses/peerless. The Slasher spawns, so my guess, once or twice per day. The Stygian Dragon spawns once per day, so does Corgul. Peerless keys are sometimes (depending on the peerless...) a pain to get, due to miserable respawn. Navrey spawns all 3 to 4 hrs i think.
So in the end a few might be lucky while the majority is trying with no success.
And as it has been said:
When you are tiered and fully imbued, champs become more or less obsolete. So you stick on the bosses. But they are not there (Slasher, Stygian, Corgul).
And it's not that they would drop anything good all the time. So why make them so rare?

Noll:
QuoteI...do...not...want.. to make the keys rly hard to get, just a bit of hunting to get em, thats all.. for those who wish, please post in this thread or pm me the times on average to get each full set of keys for each peerless, would be nice

I don't know the % rate of the key drop rates and I don't care about that. Numbers are nice but in reality they say nothing. You told me once "Must be bad luck", when it took me 50 (!) monsters in the prism of light to get one key. So much for numbers...

What I do know is:
I'd rather kill 50 to 100 monsters in a row and NONSTOP to get a stupid key than standing in EMPTY rooms waiting and waiting. Is this so hard to get?

Tys

"My name is my name."

BizKits

Noll,

I think we all understand you are trying to do the right thing, and we appreciate that. I hope all of us talking about this does not come off as bashing as it is truly not our intention, we are just all getting a bit frustrated.

When Medusa first came up , the serpent would spawn every 1-10 minutes, with a drop of 1 in 5? Eggs would be gathered and we'd run her a few times. All was well in the world. We were happy, she was dying, we were getting junky drops, or stuff we already had but there was much joy in the land of Pandora. She would taunt us, threaten us...tell us we were about to die.

I would do my best impersonation of Perseus in Clash of the Titans. I would equip my shield , look at her in the reflection and then jump backwards, my muscles rippling....sword glistening as I chop off her head.

Ok really I just shot her with a comp bow and she just fell down, but you get the idea. In my head that's what happened though.

As others have mentioned we have too many players competing for too few monsters. How about putting it back the way it was before? This way we can use the same system we used to use before for when too many people wanted to do the same thing. One group in ...you come out and someone else is there? You let them go next and you get back in line. No one there when you come out? Woohoo.... you get to ride again! For free. Sort of.

This way we always have something to do, if we want. If no one else wants to do it, we can do it all we want if we choose to. If everyone wants to do it, then we all wait our turns like good Pandorians. If it becomes an issue then make the area Fel rules and we can fight to death to go in. Didn't they say they wanted more pvp?

Yeah I know....I'm a genius. Good looking too.

GM NollKoll

Well what i figure out, medusas egg has always been at 10% droprate..
Medusa keydrop is the only monster i can edit the droprate, so i can lower the droprate and set the serpent to spawn almost instantly..

But for the other spawns is either:
1. Let Vorspire*hint hint* remove the keydrops from the monsters in the scripts, letting me freely roam the lands and edit it manually ingame, making em spawn much faster but with lower rate.
2. Adjust the spawnrates so they will spawn in an intervall of a few minutes (like it is now, but needs tweaking ofc)
3. Add "minor" monsters that spawns almost instantly with a low chanse of keys, near the main keydroppers or...
4.make "fake" copies of the keydropping monsters, only way to tell the difference is the corpse name most likely (might result in a "lich corpse" or something like that, depends on what i choose what monster is simular in strength) and a slight different loottable(of that said monster im putting makup on+low chanse of key).
But..

BizKits

Well, dunno if you made the changes, but here's what I saw today.

Got a few eggs the first hour. Spawn was not instant, but at least eggs were dropping occasionally. Thought it was nailed right on the head. Fun was had by all.

Then came the next few hours dozens of serpents, with a spawn rate of every 5-10 minutes and not a single egg. Just much standing around waiting for a serpent to appear.

My thoughts.

This isn't supposed to be an anti-farming measure, but isn't exacty what it's causing? I mean I was there specifically to see what if anything changed. If I wasn't there constantly killing the serpent then wouldn't that mean it might be days or weeks before someone fights Medusa? I say this because no one wants to just SIT waiting for spawn. Can't we fill this hole with serpents ? Or at least move the serpent spawn to Luna Bank.

I mean Xmas is coming and I'm looking at possibly getting a second pet, but now I'm like why? I can't even pull out the one I have , unless there is an event. I want a shrink pot, but I don't pull out my pet enough to warrant one.

I dunno. I'm not sure what the balance is we are trying to find, but right now it's leaving us with nothing to fight. We killed Medusa twice and the Stygian Dragon in the span of less than ten minutes, and then it was back to sitting at the bank for some, while others sat in green water waiting . Oh that was me. In the green water.

Hopefully this info is helpful in some way. The total non-stop killing of the serpent with no egg before I finally just gave up was about 5 hours give or take.

GM NollKoll

Quote from: BizKits on December 10, 2013, 08:49:22 PM
Well, dunno if you made the changes, but here's what I saw today.

Got a few eggs the first hour. Spawn was not instant, but at least eggs were dropping occasionally. Thought it was nailed right on the head. Fun was had by all.

Then came the next few hours dozens of serpents, with a spawn rate of every 5-10 minutes and not a single egg. Just much standing around waiting for a serpent to appear.

Just so you know, i did change the serpents yesterday (early my time), to have a respawn timer of 2-5 min or something like that.. Never changed the droprate or spawnrate again, so what you were seeing was just the RNG god playing around, so u got a few eggs in an hour, then it took longer period of time to get the other, not caused by me at all...
But..

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman