Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Suggestion for new player dungeon maybe?

Started by Vexarana, February 28, 2010, 09:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vexarana

One thing that I have noticed about the new player dungeon is that it is very hard to start off when you go into an area, but after you clear it, it gets really boring.

I understand that it is supposed to be a new player dungeon and not the ultimate farming spot, but as a new player, the hardest part is killing the masses of mobs to begin with.

Because they bunch up in 4-5, when you first enter, you are getting smacked by 4-5 mobs. But once you kill them all, there is like, 30 seconds of downtime before the next one spawns. And one at a time, they are usually complete pushovers. Even the tougher monsters are easy enough to handle 1v1.

This brings me to my suggestion. Lower the number of spawns (or however it works) so that there are only 2-3 monsters that sit in one of the dungeon wings at a time. This will make it easier for a new player to move up to harder monsters. However, increase the spawn time, so that they spawn faster. Maybe 5-10 seconds of downtime between monsters after the initial wave?

Just a quaint little suggestion to make it easier for new players to get started on Pandora!

- Vexarana

King Kong

I'll look into it, players have always liked it, the mobs spawn rate etc. Because they bounce back and forth.

I suggest doing one room, running across the hall and wiping that room. Back n Forth. They should be fairly equal in toughness.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman