Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Player Town

Started by Strum Lighthelm, March 02, 2010, 09:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strum Lighthelm

Konstantine what is your thoughts on a player ran town. ???   There are a few good places where this could happen..  Just a thought

King Kong

Be more specific of what you would want to go into it. and how it would work.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Strum Lighthelm

I would say the best answer would be for everyone to post an idea. As for me, here is my list counting down.

5) some statues of the GM's

4) maybe a area where on some nights Tournaments could be held ( kinda like a champ spawn but not so many monsters, It would only be used to see how far you can get. I don't know its a thought in progress.)

3) Random NPC ( healer, quest givers, ect..)

2) maybe the occasional monster attack/invasion

1) A moongate that sat in the park in town..

Just some ideas I had..

King Kong

Good idea! But how would it be player run?

Strum Lighthelm

Lol....   Well I was thinking you would know how...  lol :lol:    I'm just kidding with ya, I believe the majority of the home owns would decide who they wanted as mayor ( aka... the person that would be your contact ). It would be our job as the citizens to have town meetings to gather ideas for events... ( might be a good idea to have a town poster board that the mayor could update times of meetings ).  At that point the mayor would give you all the ideas and try to organize dates and times. I guess at this point you would have to make the choice on what you deem ok and if it is something you could make happen. Post it on the website and the citizens would help with the event..  Would it work not sure but I know it worked for the Player ran town on chessy shard for years...  I think we are small enough that the player town events would be a good way for new players to get to know everyone.   Like I said there is still alot to work out but I believe it could work.

Helvinr

With cooperation from the players, you can do that even without Kon's help. The yard decoration tool gives extra scenery to help design the town area.
Send me a PM if you need any help or find me in game via the [c command =] My name is Skald!
________
I\'m like Robbin Hood. But with a lot of robbin\' and I don\'t have a hood. Yet. But I steal from the rich and give to.... my bank box. That counts, right?

Strum Lighthelm

Yea your right, but the yard tool can't make moongates and is limited to your house area. I had a house that was in a comunity that was a player run town JUST run by players and not much happend at all. The only player ran town that was worth anything was PaxLair on Chessy. It was a Player run town that worked with the gm's. That is where alot of the ideas I have talked about came from.

King Kong

We do have town houses installed. I thought about building a apartment building, etc. hehe

Buzz

That sounds like a pretty interesting idea to me. Never had any experience with it personaly. The apartment idea might not be a bad one either. Seems like it would be hard to build a player town efficiently with customizable houses placed by the players.

Dleatherus

the apartment building idea might work:

imagine a large courtyard flanked on each side by walls each having say 8 - 16 doors ... each door opens to a narrow but long corridor with say 4 doors a side ... each door opened up onto a small apartment, mebbe an 8x8 or something

central courtyard could have communal crafting areas, one vendor spot per apartment tenant, an entry to an underground arena/colussium etc etc

just ramblings of an old goat :-)

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]