Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

"Sea Market"

Started by Diomedes, May 27, 2011, 05:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

The Sea market is a place that was added into UO during the High Seas update.

The Sea Market, also known as the Floating Emporium, is located at 64°S 133°W, in the middle of the ocean south of Moonglow and east of Magincia. The Sea Market consists of a number of docks and a few cottages. This is the place where you can acquire not only ordinary boats, but also the big vessels. Also a special service to have the ship painted is offered there. Interesting fishing quests can be received there, as well as pirate bounty quests. You can also load and unload great numbers of items from you ship if you pay the fee.

It is recommended to anchor a short distance off the Sea Market and use the rowboat to get there. If a boat is at the Sea Market dock for 20 minutes it will automatically be teleported past the bouys that are placed on the outer edge of the dock region. The boat will not teleport if a person is aboard; standing on the boat for one minute will refresh the timer.
Runes cannot be marked at the Sea Market, so you cannot recall there, Making it only accessible by boat.

After researching this information (And really wanting a huge cool colored boat), i was curious, is the Sea market and all of its features being added in the High seas update coming soon? And if it is, are other players as excited as i am?
"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed."
"When I look around me, I am often troubled to see how many people are mad."
- The Famous: Mark Twain

LokiUO

I think it will be cool. Adds more content and new things to do.
I am looking forward to it.

King Kong

Will not make promises on when we will put it in -- but I will tell you this..

Xeen & I are working around the clock on the new Pandora (same as now's Pandora but with a lot more stuff, different client and yes you will have your same character etc)

Our personal Pandora server, Pandora Test Shard that only Xeen and me can get on does have the Sea Market :)

But when we do put it in - it will work a bit different than OSI -- OSI sucks. Trust me I have an OSI account.  8-)

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

lev

i hope this will be fel only
if so the fellowship of elders promises to secure the docks from the reds mob

Diomedes

How do you mean different? Will we still be able to have cool boats :D?
"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed."

Diomedes

If you havn't seen Kon's new post, Make the answer to my last question a yes:

Very excited :)!

Also looking forward to some of the new mobs you can fish up with these boats:

http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=hunters&id=3238

This boss looks like a beast, and there are rumors that it even summons evil eels onto your boat that do massive poison and bleeding damage. He may pop up when you throw in a fabled fishing net rather then the usual Leviathan, though it is said that with this net, there is only a 20-25% chance of summoning this terrible creature. He is also said NOT to be a solo-encounter (In terms of dificulty: Harder the a Slasher of Veils). Ouch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm-km8VZDso

(Battle starts at 7:18, But i suggest watching the entire video if you want to see some of the cool features)

Also, the new ships have Fireable cannons and instead of planks, they use Easy-to-access ropes to get to and from the boat, much more conveinient in my opinion :)

Although Kon said he was adding more then OSI has and customizing alot of the features for the sea market, I just wanted to give you guys a basic idea for whats in store.

Sincerely, Diomedes

P.S. Sorry if i spoiled any suprises :P

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111