Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Needing some technical help

Started by MissChiff, June 05, 2011, 08:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissChiff

Hello!

I am having some trouble with lag that is not server related. I have two computers that we play on this server from so I know the issue I am having is not server related.

When in game my character seems to stand and run in place for a few moments and then will suddenly pop up several tiles away from where I started. It's just on this computer. I've not had any issues playing on this computer before either.

I've shut down all other programs, restarted my computer, checked my processes to make sure that there isn't anything else crazy running and all seems to be functioning normally except for UO.

Does anyone else have any suggestions that I may try to help?

Thank you!

Diomedes

I would run an anti-virus scan and make sure you dont have any bugs or any viruses that may be slowing down your computer. I also might just try reinstalling Ultima online itself, to see if something went wrong with the download.

If either of those doesn't help, maybe you need a Windows/Microsoft update?
Or even to invest alittle money into buying a new modem for your computer, or even building one yourself if your capable.

If all else fails i dont think i have any other suggestions other then just dont use that computer and go on the one thats working great  :mrgreen:
"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed."
"When I look around me, I am often troubled to see how many people are mad."
- The Famous: Mark Twain

Kronen

does the computer connect to your router with a wire, or wirelessly?

how old's your graphics card?  i burned out a laptop years ago as a result of excessive uo-play leading to the graphics card cooking.  one of the effects of this was horrendous lag at the worst possible times (typically during some raid vs our enemies).

how's the temperature inside your computer?  speed fan (http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php) is a nice little app to help monitor various component temperatures & fan speeds.

does changing the default client priority on razor help?  (razor - general tab - try swapping to above normal).

Sataro

I cannot help you with your issue but I experienced it my self last week. Computer runs great... No problems with anything else. I run a wireless broadband connection. Computer is hooked up by wire to switch, but Internet comes in on an 8 mile wireless hop.

Character would appear to be running but not moving, then would jump to another spot. Tried relogging onto game several times but still same issue. Got tired of it & quit for the night. The next night I got on the problem was gone. Lucky for me!!!

MissChiff

Hello all,

Thanks for all the replies. The trouble seemed to work itself out after a few days and deleting UO and downloading again. Not sure what it was but for the moment I seem to be running just fine.

I appreciate the advise though!

Diomedes

Yay! My suggestion worked :3
"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed."
"When I look around me, I am often troubled to see how many people are mad."
- The Famous: Mark Twain

Mita

Most problems can be solved by...
Stop all applications.
Run Anti-virus.
Restart Computer
Recheck for problem

If still problem,
Redownload
Recheck

Lag can de-synchronize your client (character) position and other items/mobs/etc.
Your client says, "I am here!" but the server says "No, You are here!"
Sometimes it can resynch itself, but often you need to restart the client.
Movement (aside from pathfinding) by using razor or other script programs can and do often build up this lag effect. It is removed when you restart the client.
Lag can also come from graphics card, processor speed, net speed, low RAM, etc.

THIS TOPIC IS DONE ^_6
Close It?
Accident - [size=85]The library that runs on land, over seas, or anywhere her feet takes her.[/size]

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman