Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Adventures of a misfit thief

Started by Gasper Le Marc, July 06, 2011, 07:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gasper Le Marc

Hail friends or foes, i have taken it upon myself to share with you some of my adventures and stories that i have had since playing here.

I know what i do is looked down upon yet i stand to bring about a new order other than PVP like most players seem to only do.

My quest started many months ago when i found myself at the very start of any uo players career in finding a new shard to play on, i have layed home too many shard in my lifetime building up skills and knowledge of every aspect of this game to better my understanding of how i should go about the task at hand, in this case "Thievery".

Some say thieves is a dying class yet i am fine example of what can become of it with alot perseverance and determination to take from the rich and give to myself. Many will say the items i steal are worthless, yet to that person it meaned something otherwise they would not be carrying it, and any item i take holds dear value to me as a show of skill in some instances, as avoiding certain death is at the top of my priority.

i have compiled a few shots of my steals just as a snippit of what is too come, i hope to set up a area where all that is "Thievery" orientated can be shown and expressed in fine detail, and yes some tips and tactics along the way.

for now

a few pics from the early beginning to where i am now <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

So here was my first steal, was a lonely boring day in Luna yet i came across this lone traveller seeking to purhcase at a shop just outside luna walls, my skills where sharp but doubt settled in my mind as would he notice, would i be revealed, or would i fail horribly on my first steal.

the odds where against me yet i pushed forward and snooped his pack. i searched till i found what i was looking for, some gold here , some other junk there, and poor a xbow, that will do nicely.

i find what i have been looking for

and just like it was there, it was now gone

Now to make my exit and leave this man be before he notices, which i doubt as he was too pre occupied with shopping <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

First steal SUCCESS.

The following days after my first steal i grew more eager to target higher profile players, my hunger to become famous and seek what was once theres soon to be mine took on a new hight and fuel my desire to succeed.

A small holding where i can plot my devilish plans for world domination ( err i mean theft ) yes theft, the main objective, and wasnt she a beauty, many days begging at the bank had lead me to finally being able to afford this and i will not hesitate to start my quest.

I recieved word that on the other side of Luna lays another area for housing so i took it upon myself to go in search of what treasures might lay ahead.

Enter the noble Zfirvich.

And immedietely i was slobbering at the prize i have infront of me, a dagger of great power if wielded by the right person, in that case me.

So there it was all mine

now to flea before he comes around too what i have just taken off him.

For now i shall leave these here, and update with much more at a later stage, there is much to be stolen and such little time.
Legendary Thief of Pandora

Gasper Le Marc

Many days had passed since that first historical steal in my career on this shard, but i couldnt fathom where all these rich players get there gold, do they earn it like hard working men, or do they simply take the life from a man and leave him nothing but the clothes on his back, i hear some dont even give them that dignity.

So i head to my favourite spot atm for some light theft before bed time and low and behold another victim, another player seeking an adventure yet unfortunate for her our paths will now cross and she will find out just exactly what i do.

Enter Sarah Sealure

And before she even realised "O maybe i should not be standing right here" it was gone.

I run off with my newly acquired item, happy with todays work, i head back to Luna bank to drop off my newly aquired item and saw a few players running down the street, i gave chase only too stumble upon this happening.

player after player they came in masses all wanting a piece of the action

I dodge the poison fields back and forth trying to land a snoop in one of there packs but they where just too quick and involved i didnt want to run the risk of being detected. i head back to Luna to stroke my ego with my new found item.

a hour or so later i decide to take a wonder down to see the aftermath of the battle i endured through earlier, risking limb after limb to get a sweet taste of the riches that these mighty warriors might possess on them yet i came up empty handed, lucky too leave with my life intact.

Enter Pawik

That is a mighty fine bow you have there sir, do you mind if i just borrow it, offcourse you wont.

i head for the walls to evade my victims grasps and scope out my new prize.

i nice item for a nice guy like myself, not too shabby if i do say so myself

Gasper 1 other guy 0

Gasper Le Marc

Hail friends another day another adventure and most importantly MORE TREASURE!!!!

So i woke that morning at another small outpost at the wall of Luna west to find not much happening, how could this be, on one of the most popular shard out i would expect a welcomming party at my door, a horde of men brandishing weapons and spears and pickaxes shouting a mock at me "kill him" or "burn him alive" or however you could imagine a angry mob <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

So todays adventure surprizingly happens where the rest had left off, Luna,  the town of Luna is a magical place, where beggers walk amongst men each seeking an adventure whilst the filthy tax man takes there hard earned dollars, the streets are clean and there is no sign of violence, perfect place to investigate what prizes i may come across on todays episode.

And there we go, a helpless traveller telling me of his story of how he was able to aqcuire 2 fang of the ractus swords, unfortunate for him, the second he forgot to insure, sorry for him

Enter Celdric Defannel

He then asks if i want to buy one? does he really think i would buy, im a poor thief remember i do not have hard currency for whatever large sum of money he would ask for it, and i am already in his pack and all of a sudden *poof* its gone

Unbeknowst too him he has just lost something precious to him and i have gained another trophy.  Now to be off before he realises his grave mistake.

Success

Gasper 1 other guy 0 (well 1 technically as he still has another sword)

Gasper Le Marc

Hail Pandorians, this story sets a few hours later after my previous, a noble tamer seeking to learn the art of animal taming, too one day tame a mighty beast, a ferocious dragon or a non so fierce dog as a companion on his travels through this world.

Enter the young Christoph

The stage was set, an animal taming +12 earrings in return for 80k gold, seems like a fair trade to me, this way we both benefit. yet i benefit a bit more, ( now before any of you jump down my throat what happens next wasnt very nice, but i could not resist )

i take back what was once mine as quick as it hit his pack from the trade, i must say i feel highly guilty about now, but none the less, business is business, he should be lucky he has his life still intact, yet he was not aware i have reclaimed his precious gift back as my own.

I make haste to the lands of Minoc to view my prize as it all happened so fast i would hate to find i took the wrong object.

And there it was, i have the earrings back and also

GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Success on my behalf, huge loss on his. yet the day is not over

weeping at the realization of his loss he pleas out too me for mercy.

Later that day i gave it back, i cannot stand the sight of a man crying

Gasper 0 other guy 1 (i did get the gold though)  <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

Gasper Le Marc

Hail travellers, it seems as my name has yet to be branded (THIEF) so more and more players rush to my stores to see my goods, thinking they making a great deal, yet unfortunate for them they are fighting a losing battle.

Here is where todays tale begins, at my vendor in Luna North, a young players asks for directions to my vendor, and how could i not resist, i give him a detailed explanation to my whereabouts and sit and wait for his entrance.

Enter the illustrious Neravar

That is a nice mempo would you be so kind as too........... ahh too late

More and more stuff falls into his pack, and i happily get my grubby paws on them all

Nice cyclone, i am sure a Gargoyle would enjoy it, let me help you out

and so ends the fun, as i take what i can and make for the hills

And that conludes todays adventures, O wait another traveller

Enter the Drake

Ahh a warrior in the making, i am sure he has some items of worth, let me take a peek

.......................................dead silence................................

Hmm, well for another day mighty warrior, i pray your pack is filled with the riches of your success, and i will be there along the way to help carry them.

Farewell for now

Gasper 1 other guy 0

Gasper Le Marc

Hail friends.

Todays adventure is broken up into a few small shots as some of them where so intense i battled to hold my own without dying let alone taking a few screenshots whilst at it.

So today begins as everyday does in the lands of Luna, i am beginning to think that everytime i start a adventure from Luna it always bares its fruits, as i have yet to feel the wrath of someones blade, i have yet to be branded a thief, and have yet to be struck down by the mighty gods themselves.

So then FOR ADVENTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ponders to myself , where have i yet to grace my presence too, hmmm

The Dojo

Enter Woqsx

And immediately i see a problem, i have somebody who clearly does not know what he is doing trying to steal in broad daylight, risking life and limb against a powerful purple man who looks like Barney the dinosaur with a bow.

Seems like a most troublesome day ahead, yet i push on, and take a look at his stock.

A pair of gloves, that will do nicely, and as soon as i took a look, he was up after that other fellow, he unfortunately fell to his demise a few blocks up.

I immediately thought, "Opportunity" he will be to engulfed in scourging round this players dead body too notice a helpless thief searching his pack. lets test.

I see my item, and take what is now mine, and head for the exit. i saw how quick he disposed of that other poor soul, and did not want to suffer the same fate, so i grab and hit wolf form and bolt for my life.

Success

Even though a minor item, its a victory none the less.

Gasper 1 other guy 0 (well 1 for him for taking down the other guy)

<!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

Gasper Le Marc

Hail friends shortly after my episode in the Dojo i return back to my humble aboad in Luna only to find another traveler at the vendor just across from my house

Enter Lush

My hands where very needy today after my success over the Dojo villain, and today like any other day i wanted more and more, so why not finish today's adventure on a good note then.

I snoop his packs and find exactly what i was after, a mana regen 5 tali, that will do just nicely, let me say hi in my special way that only i can do.

I begin my welcoming to this new found friend.

And Boom, it was mine.

Well i took something else aswell, but just too the left you can see the talisman i was after aswell as this nifty buckler that will go very well on my vendors <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

Success then for me

Gasper 1 other guy 0

But wait there is more, i hear of another traveler also at the same place as i have just come from it couldnt be the same person could it?

Enter Hackey

I had already snooped him and found what i was after, and trying new techniques of my craft i try a running steal to test my own skill against his lack of attention, as he sees me running towards him, yet he stands there , i let my paws grab what i seeked, and it was mine

Into my pack falls my new item, i didn't stop once to snoop i just ran past grabbed and kept running, i saw as i passed he equipped a bow, yet it was far to late to think off attacking as i was much more cunning and faster than him.

So the prize was mine

A very nice Bardiche that was once his now mine.

Another good day completed in the lands of Luna.

Gasper 1 other guy 0

Till tomorrow, good night Pandora.

Gasper Le Marc

Hail friends, what adventure lays ahead of us today, what tales may come of this day and more importantly what TREASURE might i find on my quest for self inrichment.

To the mines it is then.

Immedientely i find a target,

Enter the glorious Kaliope.

Not a very magestic creature i must admit, that bardiche she wields must hit rather slow, increasing my chances of theft and not being hit if revealed.

I watch her for a bit and wait till she stops to gloat on her success whilst killing a few monsters. i make my move, into her pack i snoop, looking through all the junk she has aqcuired since being in the mines.

And there it is, i very nice agapite kryss, some say the swiftess of swords wielded by only those who can withstand the quickness of the blade, yet today it seems it shall be mine,

I take what is mine and head for the exit,

Also on the list i find a pair of nice gloves, so i snag them too

yet i stand too admire my newly aqcuired items and have a moment.

These lands i roam in, they are always filled with players yet only one of each, surely with lands so vast it would be hard to find two players in the same area?

I ask myself this whilst regaining my composure after my steal i have just made and my answers where then answered.

Enter the nice hat wearing man Hollenbach

I am dazed with excitment that i have stumbled upon 2 different souls in the same place, could luck be on my side, could fate be destined to grace me with more treasures of these lands, i think so.

I take a look and find what i like and take what i can whilst he is occupied.

And there it is, a new disguise, a mighty Black Lotus Hood to hide my intentions. it is mine all mine

I make haste back down to my old friend Kaliope hoping she has stayed to slay these fierce creatues and has accumulated more treasures for me to investigate and lighten her load.

And there she was, right where i left her, still picking up items of the corpses of the slain, and i will re introduce myself too her once again. oooh that looks like let me help you with that.

And so it was mine all the riches i prayed to get, i have found in this small hollowed out passage in the mountains, i have met two new friends whom i greeted in a very special way.

Time to head home .

But first a quick stop at the Dojo, just too see if fate will grant me a 3rd traveler today who might bring treasures for me.

Enter the Illustrious Drake Mcloud

Hooray lightening does strike twice, i mean three times, and look what he has brought for me.

Really you should not have, even though you believe that Great Dragon you have tamed will protect you from players trying to claim your loot, he as many are blind too those invisible to the naked eye.

Not even your mighty dragon nor your skill will save you right now.

I find what is mine and take it

Hooray, i stroke my ego with my newly acquired items, and head home

High fives all round

Gasper 3 other guys 0

Diomedes

I really enjoy all these posts Gasper, and im glad to see none of them are of myself being stolen from. At least not yet. haha. Keep up the good work! I love hearing your stories
"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed."
"When I look around me, I am often troubled to see how many people are mad."
- The Famous: Mark Twain

Gasper Le Marc

Thanks Diomedes, yes there are many more too come so stay tuned, much more :P

Gasper Le Marc

Hail friends

Todays adventure seems to be a recuring event that seems to play over and over in my head at night, every day i wake and stumble to my feet, recovering from the previous nights ale drinking contest at the horse and carriage, whilst telling tales of my success to the local fishing captain.

We share our stories and it hits me.

If i target higher priority players does that = more loot, does it = more treasures, i ponder for a bit and prepare for the following mornings adventures.

That next morning arrives

So back at the very beginning at the Tokuno mines, i wonder all the way down, not noticing any corpses, its a very usual sight, yet if i know players which i think i do, some leave the creatures to do there daily routines up and down not too show that somebody has been there and run ahead to the big stuff at the end.

Enter the glorious Lord Chicken 

The very sight of this player sends chills down my spine, his armor makes my eyes glisten at the very thought of its worth, a head on attack would be suicide, and his mount terrifying in all aspects that it leaves nothing alive after its finished.

A terrifying man indeed, yet whoever said this job is easy clearly didnt have a run in with this fearsome foe.

So then what treasure might this new villain have , and will he notice me, or will his fearsome mount kill me before i even get a peek in his belongings.

I shuffle through some of his stuff, moving the objects that are of no value, and stumble upon a very well crafted Bone Harvester, an item if wielded and imbued correctly it could easily decapitate the head of a greater dragon with one swift strike.

A worthy prize from a worthy opponent.

I dont even pause, as he is almost through the wall barricade, and my treasure will be gone for good, and he wont be standing still, he will be mobile and his fearsome pet more room too attack.

I take what is mine, and make haste as his speed trumps my poor wolf paws any day of the week, and with a long way back up too the exit i better hurry or i will be as dead as , well as dead as dead can be.

Success, i take it and run for my very life that is only intact for a few seconds before he realizes i am there, i run for it.

HOORAY, lotsa air punches follow.

i recall out safely with my new prize, i figured running would maybe lead me into the path of another venturer coming for some excitement, so recalling is much safer for now.

So another successful day in Tokuno mines completed, another victory over the men that rule these lands, and my life intact (PEW)

Gasper 1 other guy 0

Gasper Le Marc

Hail friends

Another day , another glorious day in the life of me Gasper Le Marc,

but first a quick poem by yours truley

err

ok i remember it now

Good morning ladies and jelly beans
i stand before you too stand behind you too tell you a poem i have never heard before
one fine day in the middle of the night two dead men got up too a fight
back to back they faced eachother
drew there swords and shot eachother

Ok back to business now that my child hood memories have left my mind,

where were we, o yes theft, and alot of it, i find more and more often the most simple places grant greater success rates, for instance take this helpless wanderer, right at my door step.

Enter.........erm (Checks records for name) o yes

Enter the Dread Maxima

Pumps fists at this new non law abiding citizen, hmm a corpse at your feet, did you just slay that man? did you take his life leaving him nothing, not even the clothes on his back?

I ask you that, no answer, ok then i shall take something of yours as compensation for leaving a mess at my doorstep.

Ahh that will do, just something that i can hold close knowing it once belonged to you,  i am very sure your attention is not on it so i will quickly just take it.

Thank you kindly sir for your contribution to the "Make Gasper rich campaign"

so then i leave this new foe as is and bank my new treasure.

Successful morning, a good start i might add

Gasper 1 other guy 0

Gasper Le Marc

Hail good citizens of Pandora, another day arrives and more adventure too be had.

Skips down the stairs and heads over to the mines.

Whilst waddling along like a penguin through the Mines of Tokuno i spot a familiar face.

Whom you ask, well let me explain.

Many times i have walses through here expecting a adventure i stumble across this man.

Enter Obsidian

A very one man show kinda guy, his lack of attention to me walsing in quite happily was a sign he was not aware of me, also because i am hidden (oooh i made a joke) not really, ok back to the story.

Every chance i get i snoop his pack.

A little over here

A little over there.

And a final look just for good measures incase i missed something,

And nothing of value, nothing that catches my eye and make me drool on the spot.

so off too the bottom hoping somebody else might be here

Empty.

Boring day complete

there will be no air punches, no shouting of success at the top of my head.

just an off day.

Gasper 0 other guy 1 (lotsa useless stuff on him, not worth stealing)

For now i am happy just too stretch my legs

Till next time

Good day

Gasper Le Marc

Hail friends

Its been a while since my stealing escapades left me wowing at my item i took, i have yet to feel that spine shaking twitch after a big steal, yet today the times have changed in my favor.

The items seem to be arriving at my fingertips quicker than you can say "Death to the thief" or something to that effect.

Yes times have been tough on this old crook of the game, i have grown a beard whilst waiting for that very opportune moment where my hands seem to be quicker than there blade, yet this time it has changed.

This time it begins like this.

Enter Magnus Arcadis

Now as you have noticed, my success seems too lie in the lands of the mines lately, i do not know why as yet, but it has graced me with many gifts to stroke my ego with, many items once believed valuable to someone cast to the side of the backpack like a mere piece of paper, taking the back seat to items they wish to acquire here.

So i shall not hesitate with taking these items then.

A shield i find, o reallllllly, well i might not have use for it but you sir, surely will not have it for much longer i give you my word at that.

Boom, gone, now to make haste to a safe location and rest these weary paws of mine, the deed is done now to check the prize

An Order shield of well crafted craftmanship, an item i am sure i will get a few coins of gold for .

For now morning is a success.

PUMPS FISTS

Gasper 1 other guy 0

Gasper Le Marc

Hail fellow Pandorians

The tale i tell for now is a short one, this took place shortly after my sucess in the mines, yes indeed, the Dojo, same facet yet hoping for similar rewards.

Before i get to excited about what treasures may come of this outing, i stop and think about the players i have taken items from, and ponder too myself like only i can, if i had to give back these items to there rightful owners, would they be thank full or shout hate words at me?

I think for a few seconds and decide, Not a chance, i think i would be cast out of every town in these lands, a target would be painted on my back and i will be the prey of many hunters and killers that plague these lands.

So then for Success and self enrichment i carry on my tasks i have set, and make haste to the Dojo too see if success will grant me a second prize.

Hooray, a fellow traveler hidden under the largeness of his Greater Dragon, hmm, this could be a problematic experience

Enter Daric Lethius

I could take the item i have found to be valuable, in this case a Bag of sending, very hard to find item, in his case it will be his last and hope i am successful and run like the wind.

Or

I could be revealed and be his Dragons Dinner.

Hmm, decisions decisions

I go with option 1 and take what is rightfully mine.

I take the item, and am revealed instantly, i bolt for the exit.

Hooray, success and good fortune seem to be on my side today.

Gasper 1 other guy 0

no wait ..............

Hmm, another one that seems to ask for mercy, as if his monstrous dragon wasnt enough, he demands a trade to get his item back, who am i too say no too gold

I return the item for a hefty fine.

I return to my house a richer man

Successful day complete

Air punches all round

Gasper 1 other guy 1

Gold trumps all <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community