Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Banning from chat?

Started by Shimus, April 15, 2010, 07:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shimus

I was having a good discussion on chat, and I asked a newb question as per "Is there really no skillcap" to which someone responded yes, you can take them all to 120 even with the PS's if you had them. I was about to say thank you, but I was banned from the chat?

This caught me off-guard, and I can't use the chat anymore? Am I a special case, or was the chat automatically made to ban for questions like that? I asked a newbie question I should have known? I see no reason I should have been banned from the chat. This has me scratching my head and wondering if this is how everyone is treated if they ask the question like me. If it is, I didn't mean this to come off as rude, but I'm kinda' confused that just asking a question is grounds to ban someone from chat. I'm assuming this is just some type of an auto-filter.

Scratch

the chat filter could use some work. it seems way too strict.

the chat ban is only for 10 or 20 minutes though, so just wait it out.

Abe

I type pretty fast, but I got banned from it tonight as well. Not sure if it was because the filter thought I was spamming or not.

King Kong

It should just ban for 5 minutes. It could use some work, but when you have a lot of people using it, it must be strict. If you type a cuss word accidental it will ban you for 5 min, and a few other words.

I don't want to be on you guys all the time, allow freedom, but I do want this a family friendly shard in the same aspect. Just use common sense.

Sorry if you got banned and didn't mean anything. It's not for long.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Abe

Ahhh OK that's what it did! I said, "oh sh*t" or something to that effect.

I will be more cognizant in the future.

Angeline

I am also a bit confused by the chat banning.  It has now happened to me twice, neither time did I swear or say anything which I would think warrented banning.  They were smart alek comments to be sure.  But one was as simple as " I think I'll start a shoe store.  Working on fishing has gotten me enough shoes to supply the whole server."  

Are there specific words we should be aware of not to use, beside the obvious swear and derogatory words.  I try to be very mindful of other people and to never say anything that might offend or be detrimental to another enjoyment.  As a parent myself it is always a concern, and I have to say that all in all you probably run the most family friendly server of any MMO I have ever played on.

Thank you

Fearfactory

it was probably the word server that tipped that one off.

Dleatherus

i got banned twice yesterday for normal trade conversations ... filter is a little sketchy is all

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman