Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Regarding the chat filter..

Started by Grimfist, October 20, 2011, 11:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimfist

Is there a list of words (besides the obvious curse words) that can be referred to in order for new players here to know what can and cannot be typed while asking questions?

"Are the uncommon and rare fishing items active here?" recieved a chat ban

This is the third time I've been chat banned for asking simple questions...and considering we are playing the newest version of UO, I'm sure it's quite frustrating to all of our new players who are asking simple questions and receiving chat bans instead of answers.
*Ol\' Dirty Pirates*
      [ODP]

King Kong

Quote from: "Grimfist"Is there a list of words (besides the obvious curse words) that can be referred to in order for new players here to know what can and cannot be typed while asking questions?

"Are the uncommon and rare fishing items active here?" recieved a chat ban

This is the third time I've been chat banned for asking simple questions...and considering we are playing the newest version of UO, I'm sure it's quite frustrating to all of our new players who are asking simple questions and receiving chat bans instead of answers.

None of those words are in the filter.

Some words that will give you a chat ban are things like 'Bug' or 'Lag' -- as it's negative on server and 99% it's the player not doing something right or their connection. But the filter has it's faults like anything.

Like if you would say Ladybug -- would still ban you hehe.

That filter is 2 years in the making, as it can be frustrating, it's a must. It's have the strict filter or no global chat at all.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Tsunadi

lol i just got one for saying "the spell that is best always depends on circumstance" trying to reply to a newbs question. i know it can be frustating but it dosnt last long no big deal really.

Tsunadi

edit i exactly said "what spell is best always depends on circumstance"

Godric

Quote from: "Tsunadi"edit i exactly said "what spell is best always depends on circumstance"

I wonder if it is the succession of characters rather than words. There is clearly no word in what you said that warrants a ban, but the letters C, U and M in circumstance could be considered vulgar. If so, don't mention assassins or the planet Uranus and God forbid if you live in Gaydon or support the football (soccer) team Arsenal here in sunny Great Britain ;)

As Kon mentioned before, chat bans are automatic and personally I'd rather suffer an inappropriate chat ban than read profanity-filled chat messages. But it can't hurt to try and tweak it, I guess.

King Kong

Quote from: "Godric"
Quote from: "Tsunadi"edit i exactly said "what spell is best always depends on circumstance"

I wonder if it is the succession of characters rather than words. There is clearly no word in what you said that warrants a ban, but the letters C, U and M in circumstance could be considered vulgar. If so, don't mention assassins or the planet Uranus and God forbid if you live in Gaydon or support the football (soccer) team Arsenal here in sunny Great Britain ;)

As Kon mentioned before, chat bans are automatic and personally I'd rather suffer an inappropriate chat ban than read profanity-filled chat messages. But it can't hurt to try and tweak it, I guess.

Exactly. Cause someone has said something before about "your momma drinks my  C U M" --

Rather have some words not usable than hear that garbage.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman