Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

A few major problems with the pvm event's.

Started by Deadmau5, June 23, 2010, 10:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadmau5

First and most importantly is the spell and skill restrictions that have been put in place.  I understand why wither was disallowed because it is the main AOE spell that uo has and of course when multiple mobs spawn its the go to move.  No other spell can replace wither in terms of damage per mana and the range at which it is effective.  Its damage has already been nerfed once already though.  Arch cure?  Why this was disallowed is beyond me.  Especially when there are mobs that do deadly poison and higher in the pvm events casting 4-8 cures is stupid and bandages generally have a 5-7 second timer based on your dex.  Mobs that have the ability to drag players towards them are able to drag them out of the safety zone.  If this was intentional so players could not run away from the mob to the safe zone I can understand that.  However it is able to drag you right after you have been rezzed in the safety zone before you have even equipped anything or got your corpse.  Animal lore is no longer able to be used but that's not game breaking just takes a little time to find the monsters weak point.  Hiding / stealth doesn't work which makes some sense so players are forced to participate but the same can be achieved sitting in the safe room.  This can be solved by having an auto-reveal feature maybe every 5 seconds?  Since the hiding timer is 10 seconds.  That way abilities like hiding and invisibility do not need to be removed but can still be used in certain situations.

I also still want to see wither and fireball fixed so that they do their nerfed damage to players but still do their normal damage to mobs.  Fireball was the most mana per damage efficient fire ability for certain mobs until that was changed.  Both nerfs were put in play just because people would spam them for pvp before the shard had a foundation and people had any kind of resist suits.

Aaliah

totally agree with all those.
also, would like to point something myself: during the event, anyone that is a red, or goes criminal [by either casting a necromancy form change spell or polymorph (both ways you will be criminal for a little period of time) or w/e ways you can be made criminal in trammel] will be freely lootable...is that intended? since it's a pvm event I don't think stuff that would result in PvP conflicts should be put in, and it seems lame (for those who use shapeshifting spells) to be lootable for doing so.
[e scream

Gizmo

Quoteby Aaliah ยป June 23rd, 2010, 12:17 pm

totally agree with all those.
also, would like to point something myself: during the event, anyone that is a red, or goes criminal [by either casting a necromancy form change spell or polymorph (both ways you will be criminal for a little period of time) or w/e ways you can be made criminal in trammel] will be freely lootable...is that intended? since it's a pvm event I don't think stuff that would result in PvP conflicts should be put in, and it seems lame (for those who use shapeshifting spells) to be lootable for doing so.

You should not worry about being gray for flagged. According to the region control system we just updated and fixed. Players can only loot their corpse, and monster corpse, but not any player corpse that does not belong to them.

Gizmo

QuoteFirst and most importantly is the spell and skill restrictions that have been put in place. I understand why wither was disallowed because it is the main AOE spell that uo has and of course when multiple mobs spawn its the go to move. No other spell can replace wither in terms of damage per mana and the range at which it is effective. Its damage has already been nerfed once already though. Arch cure? Why this was disallowed is beyond me. Especially when there are mobs that do deadly poison and higher in the pvm events casting 4-8 cures is stupid and bandages generally have a 5-7 second timer based on your dex. Mobs that have the ability to drag players towards them are able to drag them out of the safety zone. If this was intentional so players could not run away from the mob to the safe zone I can understand that. However it is able to drag you right after you have been rezzed in the safety zone before you have even equipped anything or got your corpse. Animal lore is no longer able to be used but that's not game breaking just takes a little time to find the monsters weak point. Hiding / stealth doesn't work which makes some sense so players are forced to participate but the same can be achieved sitting in the safe room. This can be solved by having an auto-reveal feature maybe every 5 seconds? Since the hiding timer is 10 seconds. That way abilities like hiding and invisibility do not need to be removed but can still be used in certain situations.

I also still want to see wither and fireball fixed so that they do their nerfed damage to players but still do their normal damage to mobs. Fireball was the most mana per damage efficient fire ability for certain mobs until that was changed. Both nerfs were put in play just because people would spam them for pvp before the shard had a foundation and people had any kind of resist suits.

As for Arch Cure, yeah I might have got click happy when doing the spells. Mistake on my part. As for hiding, that is not gonna get changed. If your about to die, run to the side, or run to the safe room. If a mob has any ability to suck you in, Mephitis or Harrower. Well, they are special and break the rules lol. As for the fireball spamming, and wither spamming. I believe a fix was put into place with intentions of nerfing via vs player, and normal vs monsters. I will gladly look into these scripts and see if I cannot get them into Publish 2.

pskarren

tbh i thought wither was nerfed so it takes longer than 5 minutes to do coon alone as for fireball it was overpowered. hold down f5 button opponent dead.

Deadmau5

Both were nerfed because they would be used to kill people in duels or in the field.  Before people had resists all you had to do to kill them was stealth up to them and hold down wither that is why that was nerfed.  Fireball was nerfed because people would just spam that in a duel and beat people unprepared for it.  As far as my knowledge goes they were not nerfed because of pvm reasons.

The fact is they are key spells still in pvm and no other spells in the game can fill the gap that they have made.  Its common to find the weakest resist of a mob with corpseskin is fire and fireball is the go to move since you can't stack explosions and flamestrike is not nearly as mana efficient.  Wither nerf makes certain spawns such as undead even harder than they are intended to be.  Yes this is an all skills shard but unless you have the most perfect gear its extremely difficult to tailor your suit to fit every skill.

King Kong

Were not here to make things easier to kill. Spamming anything like that is really cheap. Do you want me to nerf it or take the spell out completely?

Use lighting / harm if you wanna spam.

This is a silly topic in my opinion.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Enix

Kon,

I don't understand...why can't we (with unlimited skill caps) stand around the spawn and spam Wither, while we have a Greater Drag beating on them, while at the same time using our Archer with Enemy of One cast and Lighting Strikinging them?   :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Belegerandh

Arguing about it isn't going to get Kon to change anything and he's not going to undermine his own devs because that's just dirty to do. Not every shard, and especially OSI shards, have so many events so let's let them run them how they want before they take those away too. Honestly, I GM'ed a couple of NWN servers and the powergamers and killers were always more fun to make events for because they appreciated what they got. I was even a roleplayer there and hated GM'ing anything for the PVM/RP folks. No offense to the ones here (I R 1 lol), just sayin' ..

Enix

QuoteKon,

I don't understand...why can't we (with unlimited skill caps) stand around the spawn and spam Wither, while we have a Greater Drag beating on them, while at the same time using our Archer with Enemy of One cast and Lighting Strikinging them?        

That was sarcasm in case no one caught it...

Deadmau5

Enix I dare you to come out to fel or even try to do any spawn besides coon if you can.  On OSI wither is the key to spawns just as it is here.  UO has not a single other aoe spell that competes with it.  Holy light? congrats you can do 9-12 damage to enemies around you who have 10x that life or more.  The new mysticism spells have some aoe in them but they take 2-3 seconds to cast a single spell.

King Kong

I am sure Dev Gizmo will do what he sees fit for balance of these events. He's been scripting better part of the decade. He's the man

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

GEMAN104

I agree! He's the MAN

Enix

QuoteEnix I dare you to come out to fel or even try to do any spawn besides coon if you can. On OSI wither is the key to spawns just as it is here. UO has not a single other aoe spell that competes with it. Holy light? congrats you can do 9-12 damage to enemies around you who have 10x that life or more. The new mysticism spells have some aoe in them but they take 2-3 seconds to cast a single spell.

I'm not saying I don't agree with you, I have played other free shards and I have solo'd coon on them as well using just wither and nature's fury, with a couple of animate dead mixed in...and that's my point.  We have unlimited skill cap here.  So if you can cast Wither using a Tamer who has a G-Drag...what's the point?  The G-Drag's are easily obtainable, and when you get them you can insta-bond them, and sick them on the training drag in Insula until they GM their skills...

How much easier do you need it to be?  And this discussion isn't about the world outside of the PVM events, it's specifically about the PVM events.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman