Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Casters and AoE damage

Started by Algreth, December 18, 2011, 11:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Algreth

For caster types, what is the best spell combo for area of effect damage?  Obviously Wrath Form will save some mana, but which spells are good for the damage part?  The ones I have played with so far are:

Magery: Chain Lit, Earthquake
Necro: Wither, Poison Strike

Don't really know which ones are fastest/most damaging per time/best.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

LostAngel0

I don't depend on AOE alone to take down large groups.

Personally I prefer to lay down a carpet of fire fields a vortex or 2 and maybe a friend casting blade spirit. Kicks monster butt. However I still prefer a pack of highly trained and pet scroll fortified Zostrich for damage in groups.. They can't be beat!

IF you must go with spells I would start with mass curse chain lightning and some flame strikes and lightnings to take them down if still not dead. Also a Grand Master poisoner weapon will kill in seconds flat if the targets are not sufficiently resistant. Run around whacking them with your DP Blade while a friend casts the AOE.

IMHO

Algreth

What is a Zostrich?

Tyrone Biggums

For AoE I use wildfire and essence of wind. Both are spell weaving spell and with a level 5 focus ( arcane circle) they are a lethal combo. Wraith form doesn't actually save you mana but it leeches mana off creatures you kill. Also spell weaving does not lower your karma which is important for chiv spells.

Casho

Quote from: "Algreth"What is a Zostrich?
Frenzied Ostard

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]