Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

sand mining

Started by weasel, March 04, 2012, 01:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weasel

Is there a specific spot where sand can be mined ?  I have tried several beach type areas and it says you can not mine there , is it only in dungeons ?

King Kong

you need high mining and chance someone already mined there recently, there simply isn't any good sand there

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Opaloka

Any sandy tile will do, deserts, beaches, even some city streets (nujelm)

You also need a very HIGH tolerance to failure/boredom (though it may have been designed that we do this afk - dunno)
I have 110 mining, and fail to get sand about half the time i dig, also factor in that around half the places you mine will have been dried by others, and youll be lucky to get more than 1 or 2 piles of sand per 2-4 minutes of mining, my average seems to be about 4 sand per 15 minutes

This ironically means that potion bottles are now worth more than the potion itself, very easy to buy some regs, very time consuming to make some bottles - an hours digging gets me 15-20 bottles, how much would you want to be paid for an hours work?

So if you want to make that mirror or something, you can be looking at several hours (or even days) of mining, and then you may fail to make it... wasting half your sand..

Though it may not sound like it i do think it was a good move to have this glassblowing and sandmining mean something, but i really do think it need some serious adjustment
Ingame Name - Autumnstar

King Kong

Quote from: "Opaloka"Any sandy tile will do, deserts, beaches, even some city streets (nujelm)

You also need a very HIGH tolerance to failure/boredom (though it may have been designed that we do this afk - dunno)
I have 110 mining, and fail to get sand about half the time i dig, also factor in that around half the places you mine will have been dried by others, and youll be lucky to get more than 1 or 2 piles of sand per 2-4 minutes of mining, my average seems to be about 4 sand per 15 minutes

This ironically means that potion bottles are now worth more than the potion itself, very easy to buy some regs, very time consuming to make some bottles - an hours digging gets me 15-20 bottles, how much would you want to be paid for an hours work?

So if you want to make that mirror or something, you can be looking at several hours (or even days) of mining, and then you may fail to make it... wasting half your sand..

Though it may not sound like it i do think it was a good move to have this glassblowing and sandmining mean something, but i really do think it need some serious adjustment

the amount of sand you can get will increase on location soon enough. But truthfully I think you're not mining it properly or at a speed that is slow. As several players mined 3k+ sand within the first couple days to be able to make the glass fukiyas. and it wasn't old sand cause all the old sand was deleted.

I will be making adjustments though :) -- I feel bad for you if it's taking that long! Not my intention  :cry:

Casho

Problem is, I think, that you have to swing the shovel 6 times before 1 mining cycle is finished.
Thats why it is extrem boring and a long time for the chance of getting 1 Sand. And only 1 Sand per spot is not much also.  
Killing Sand Vortex, to get 7 Sand for sure, is faster then try to mine for 1 Sand.
ATM sand mining is not an option.

Just my opinion

King Kong

Quote from: "Casho"Problem is, I think, that you have to swing the shovel 6 times before 1 mining cycle is finished.
Thats why it is extrem boring and a long time for the chance of getting 1 Sand. And only 1 Sand per spot is not much also.  
Killing Sand Vortex, to get 7 Sand for sure, is faster then try to mine for 1 Sand.
ATM sand mining is not an option.

Just my opinion

Speaking of sand vortexs I put a bunch more around ter mur in the desert/beach areas and will continue to do so

Opaloka

Quote from: "Konstantine"the amount of sand you can get will increase on location soon enough. But truthfully I think you're not mining it properly or at a speed that is slow. As several players mined 3k+ sand within the first couple days to be able to make the glass fukiyas. and it wasn't old sand cause all the old sand was deleted.

I will be making adjustments though :) -- I feel bad for you if it's taking that long! Not my intention  :cry:

Not trying to be picky or argumentative, but can you explain to me please exactly how im doing it wrong or not fast enough?

I double click shovel, target ground, it animates 6 digs before i get a result, which is either failure or success
You cant start digging again while still digging, if you move before its finished it says youve moved too far from the spot.
So i really cant see how i can improve this, but would LOVE to know
(have also made this a Razor macro now, using Recall for large "moves" and Teleport for 8-tile-jumps, pauses all set fine, and seems to work exactly as if i were manually doing it)

Not sure how i can be doing this wrong, but clearly i am if people got 3k sand in 1-2 days, assuming they werent exploiting anyway

I realise this wasnt your intention, which is why i said above that i was and am in favour of the sandmining changes, but assuming for now that tweaks are coming thats fine, just let me know how my mining technique is so wrong, i have barely gotten 500 sand since the change, so 3k in 2 days is very desirable to me

PS i killed 3 sand vortex to try them out and none of them had sand on, this was in malas desert (if that makes a difference), so i went back to mining (this was also day 1 of the change, so maybe i missed a tweak since)
Ingame Name - Autumnstar

Casho

The Sand Vortex I killed were at Ilsh. I should have told about, sorry.

King Kong

Quote from: "Casho"The Sand Vortex I killed were at Ilsh. I should have told about, sorry.

Yeah all Sand Vortexes should now be dropping them.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman