Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Mining

Started by Strum Lighthelm, February 19, 2010, 11:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strum Lighthelm

Ok where are some goods places to mine when looking for the higher level ore.  I'm running around minoc right now just trying to find a good spot.   Not having any luck at all but still looking.  Does it make a difference to go to fel or does it really matter?

MadMan Martigan

Doesnt matter the ore changes after every times its emptied... High end Ores like VAlorite have a 1% chance to load in a vein

[size=150]MadMan Martigan[/size]
Overlord of Citizens of Pandora

Strum Lighthelm

wow that stinks if there is only a 1% chance.  Let me ask you this, is there a chart that tells what the % are to give me an idea?

Scratch

http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/mining.php  will show you the spawn chances.

IMO the best places to mine are the newbie dungeon or Wind mountain. If you goto Wind (Felucca) mountain, theres a house with a forge and anvil on the eastern side of the mountain in the little grass area.

Strum Lighthelm

Ok thanks..   Wind Mt.  I will have to check Automap on that one. When I used to play back in the late 90's,I could run all over and go just about anywhere and know how to get there. Now I am so lost when I get out there..

Scratch

Yeah, its the same for me. I havent played in 10 years, so I have UOAM running constantly. I always go some place and it hits me "Oh yeah, I remember this place".

Helvinr

If you're worried about monster spawns or PK's if in fel, Delucia has never failed me in being rich in all colors of veins.

I also never remembered the color changing after you empty the vein. I recall having runebooks marked to always take me directly to valorite veins.
Send me a PM if you need any help or find me in game via the [c command =] My name is Skald!
________
I\'m like Robbin Hood. But with a lot of robbin\' and I don\'t have a hood. Yet. But I steal from the rich and give to.... my bank box. That counts, right?

MadMan Martigan

Used to beable to have runebooks marked for certain veins, but that i no-longer, which is awesome cuz rare ore is actually rare!

[size=150]MadMan Martigan[/size]
Overlord of Citizens of Pandora

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111