Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Luck

Started by Sxw3, March 26, 2012, 03:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sxw3

Hi, was testing luck and with 0 and 2500 luck didnt see any difference in loot. Those tests i did on Krakens and on some low level mobs.
Looks like luck does not work or you have to wear more to get better loot. Can you guys tell me whats going on with this cos i would like to have better gear on me then with luck if its not worth it.

Sparks

Luck; by Thodin and Xena Dragon
Updated by Petra Fyde, July 2010
Luck is one of the attributes each player has. Luck is increased by wearing or equipping items that have a certain amount of Luck attached to them. The amount of Luck a player has has an effect on loot found on monsters killed by that person. Luck affetcs one or more of the following:

The number of magic items found on a monster.
    The number of properties on a magic item.
    The intensity of the properties on a magic item.

The higher one's Luck, the higher the amount and intensity of increases will be. Luck is checked once for the number of items, once for each item (to determine the number of properties) and once for each property (to determine intensity). With a little luck you might get a small bump in one of three mentioned areas, with lots of a luck you might get a large bump in all three areas.

Some things to consider about Luck

A monster will never drop more than the maximum amount of magic items his loot template allows.
    Luck is determined by the person that did the most damage to a monster.
    When most damage is done by a pet, summoned or provoked creature, the Luck factor of the controller of that creature is used.
    Luck has no effect whatsoever on treasure chests, fished up messages in bottles, town or dungeon chests, or power scrolls.
    Luck has no effect whatsoever when stealing items from monsters.
    Luck cannot make "low" level monsters give "high" level loot. You will still need to kill the toughest monsters to get the best possible loot.

Transient and occasional luck boosts

A boost lasting for one hour can be gained once per day (24 hours) from the 10th Anniversary Statue. This boost varies according to account age, minimum being 200. An additional 50 luck is gained for each year of the account age, as shown on the character's profile.
A luck boost of 400 luck for 30 minutes is one of the blessings possible from the Fount of Fortune, a similar, though lesser, blessing can sometimes be obtained by paying the Sphynx 5000 gold, if you receive the message 'Fate smiles upon you this day', your luck will be boosted by a figure between 1 and 80 for 24 hours.
Samurai obtain a short boost when reaching Perfection
Luck - a practical overview
All figures for luck in this table have been rounded up from the value derived from the following formula;
luck required = (bump chance)^1.8
Ratio of monsters which will have loot level bumped up    luck required
1 in 2                                                                            1144
1 in 3                                                                             550
1 in 4                                                                             329
1 in 5                                                                             220
1 in 10                                                                            64
1 in 20                                                                            19
1 in 25                                                                            13
1 in 50                                                                             4
Values for luck required have been rounded up, so in practice figures may be higher
BUMPED doesn't mean Godly or good just better then they would have been.How much it is bumped up is like a roll of the Dice. Luck is used mostly to get artifacts and high end items better. i have 3500 luck i get maybe 1 purp Item off monsters every fey days

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman