Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

UO Descendants Shard

Started by Tyr Antilles, April 28, 2012, 01:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyr Antilles

I just saw the message about the new shard - Descendants - ( http://www.pandorauo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9530 ), and I can say I have been waiting for something like that for a long time. A world of good taste, without imbuing to take away from you the joy of searching for magical items, without flashy items and impossible player powers, a world that respect in detail the original Ultima Online idea, suitable for old style roleplayers, is everything I was dreaming about. And all of this in a clean and fully functional shard without annoying bugs and unfinished areas, that recreates accurately the original UO medieval atmosphere.

Thank you Konstantine, and I hope UO Descendants will be up and running many years from now on, respecting the same ideas from it's beginning.

King Kong

Quote from: "Tyr Antilles"I just saw the message about the new shard - Descendants - ( http://www.pandorauo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9530 ), and I can say I have been waiting for something like that for a long time. A world of good taste, without imbuing to take away from you the joy of searching for magical items, without flashy items and impossible player powers, a world that respect in detail the original Ultima Online idea, suitable for old style roleplayers, is everything I was dreaming about. And all of this in a clean and fully functional shard without annoying bugs and unfinished areas, that recreates accurately the original UO medieval atmosphere.

Thank you Konstantine, and I hope UO Descendants will be up and running many years from now on, respecting the same ideas from it's beginning.

Thank you for the kind words. --

As obviously you are a player for this style, remember some people like flashy fun stuff, and all you said. Pandora is just a all around good time for a lot. Also in your same point, is the exact reason we are launching Descendants. To have something for everyone. It & Pandora will update together but different versions of one or the other, suited for the shard it's going too.  They will both be up for many years to come...

Again thank you for your kind words.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Tyr Antilles

Thank you for the reply.

I understand the shard is in beta stage and even after that I am sure will be many things to balance / correct / change, so here are some potential problems I encountered in DESCENDANTS world so far. I say potential, because maybe some of them are intended.

- Pets don't show "Your pe looks happier after feeding". Maybe the pet system is not fully implemented?

- I was was able to take new player quests from New Haven but when I go to Old Haven to complete them, there were no mobs to battle.

- Hamato, the bushido trainer offer quest, but don't sell Books of Bushido. Maybe this is happening with other trainers? I see no other way to buy Books of Bushido in the game since tokuno is not available (yet?). The only way to get one is to start with Bushido skill and get one with character creation.

I am really excited of UO Descendants shard and I would like to help improve it as much I can. I would be grateful if you can indicate me where on the forums can I place the bugs or other problems I find (or perhaps start a different forum for UO Descendants separate of Pandora one?).

King Kong

Quote from: "Tyr Antilles"Thank you for the reply.

I understand the shard is in beta stage and even after that I am sure will be many things to balance / correct / change, so here are some potential problems I encountered in DESCENDANTS world so far. I say potential, because maybe some of them are intended.

- Pets don't show "Your pe looks happier after feeding". Maybe the pet system is not fully implemented?

- I was was able to take new player quests from New Haven but when I go to Old Haven to complete them, there were no mobs to battle.

- Hamato, the bushido trainer offer quest, but don't sell Books of Bushido. Maybe this is happening with other trainers? I see no other way to buy Books of Bushido in the game since tokuno is not available (yet?). The only way to get one is to start with Bushido skill and get one with character creation.

I am really excited of UO Descendants shard and I would like to help improve it as much I can. I would be grateful if you can indicate me where on the forums can I place the bugs or other problems I find (or perhaps start a different forum for UO Descendants separate of Pandora one?).

Bushido books you can get from killing Ninjas in Bucs Den.

And there is a Mailbox in front of Luna banks & one at the trainers at Lord British Castle. Please report everything there for now. Thank you

Farting Thunder

Decedents seems like a great idea because then people who come back from years ago and say "I haven't played uo in 2 years" or whatever can play just like they did 2 years ago or how ever long ago. now i my self am all out and committed to pandora. But i think ill play both and just mostly play pandora. :)

Now I saw in the link about the shard it says "Not all skills go to 120" does that mean that on pandora all the skills do go to 120?

King Kong

Quote from: "Farting Thunder"Decedents seems like a great idea because then people who come back from years ago and say "I haven't played uo in 2 years" or whatever can play just like they did 2 years ago or how ever long ago. now i my self am all out and committed to pandora. But i think ill play both and just mostly play pandora. :)

Now I saw in the link about the shard it says "Not all skills go to 120" does that mean that on pandora all the skills do go to 120?

Yes, all skills can go to 120 in Pandora, as it's completely no skill cap.  :D

Gasper Le Marc

Hope you ladies are ready to be robbed blind, i have already almost gmed all my Thief Skills :)

Prepare for a new chapter,

*Pumps Fists*
Legendary Thief of Pandora

Tyr Antilles

Quote from: "Gasper Le Marc"Hope you ladies are ready to be robbed blind, i have already almost gmed all my Thief Skills :)

Prepare for a new chapter,

*Pumps Fists*
Lucky me I am dirt poor already!  :lol:

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]