Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

New Fishing Quest

Started by Horns Nigel, August 28, 2012, 12:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horns Nigel

Has anyone had any luck getting the crate as part of the new fishing quest?
Im patched up all the way, joined the fishing quild and received the new quest but cant complete it without the crate?  Please let us know  TY.....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Synkara

Fish Mongers are Quest NPCs introduced with the High Seas booster pack. They give the Professional Fisher Quests and can be found on the docks of:

Britain
Floating Emporium (Sea Market)
Jhelom
Moonglow
Papua
Skara Brae
Trinsic
Vesper

If you have a ship or galleon already placed in the water, the chest is supposed to appear in your hold as soon as you accept the quest. I didnt get a chance to check every port on both Trammel and Felucca sides, but thus far I have not been able to locate any Mongers anywhere other than Sea Market in Felucca. I believe because we only have the one Fish Monger, that when you accept the quest intended to have players deliver certain types of Fish to these other Fish Mongers at the various different ports, it automatically breaks the quest string and registers as if the chest was destroyed. Technically you are supposed to manually cancel the quest in order to destroy the chest in your hold so because you never recieve the chest, the quest remains in your log.

I may be wrong...but that's what I have gathered with what info was available.

*NOTE* You must join Fishermans Guild before being able to do Quests and I have done so already. So I'm sure that isnt the issue.

Horns Nigel

Great point, I think you got something here....Good work......Nigel

King Kong

Quote from: Horns Nigel on August 28, 2012, 12:43:06 PM
Has anyone had any luck getting the crate as part of the new fishing quest?
Im patched up all the way, joined the fishing quild and received the new quest but cant complete it without the crate?  Please let us know  TY.....Nigel

We are not OSI -we made the quest to fit Pandora.

Just catch the stuff & give it back.

Thinking too hard folks.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Horns Nigel

Well glad to hear it, but the quest menu dosnt instruct you on what you need to catch?  Mine just says uncommon fish?  Ive tried to quest highlight everything caught with no results?   any ideas?

Horns Nigel

Ok  your right we over thinked it  LOL   Just gotta toggle quest fish till you find the ones he wants  I got it  lol   TY Kon

dollar

I must still be over thinking it.
I've fished and fished and fished and fished some more.
I still can't figure out what kind of fish he's wanting.

Horns Nigel

Yeah you just have to keep trying until you find the items that he wants in the quest that you get.
It takes a while, but eventually by toggling every item you catch with your paperdoll quest highlighter you will find the items he wants......
Example, the first item I found that he wanted was the fred lobsters....

ood Luck, if you still want some help with this feel free to PM me in game  Ill be happy to assist any and all........Nigel

Synkara

Ok so it's 10 of one kind of fish, lobster, or crab? That makes a bit more sense than what I was thinking..so just gotta keep selecting each item til you find the type he is looking for.

Starnix

I'd like some advice. I've fished up 10 Rock Crabs but can't hold all of them at the same time in order to turn in the quest(container can't hold any more weight). If there is any way around this obstacle with out having to fish up "lighter" crabs I would love it if someone would enlighten me.  I have already tried using a strength potion. It simply wasn't enough extra umph. 

I was also wondering if anyone has done the quest more than a couple times.  If so, did you get anything other than a quest to fish up crabs of some sort?

Thanks in advance for any help/replies. :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Horns Nigel

Are you sure that the Rock Crabs are the selected item in the quest?
If yes and weight is the issue then I'm sorry but I don't have any advice for that?

I'm on my third quest and so far its just been lobsters, I don't see any reason why it couldn't be some of the fish as well, however it will have to be normal fish that don't weigh a lot I guess?.......Nigel

Starnix

Thanks for the response.  Yes I had to toggle quest item to know what exactly I was fishing for.  It's definitely Rock Crabs.

Is there any way to increase how much a backpack holds besides increasing your strength with strength potions?

Horns Nigel

Sorry, no not that i know of?  How much over weight are you?

Starnix

I am quite a bit "overweight"(lol!) One of my crabs is 166 stones! I'm thinking I'll have to fish until I find "skinnier" crabs. :)

Angel0178

Or tell them to get in shape, lol.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]