Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Content Refresh

Started by Thaggis, October 11, 2012, 06:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaggis

Just a suggestion, but there are some existing boss monsters that maybe we could buff up a little, dust them off and refresh their loot with a couple of new items to breathe a bit of life into our unused dungeons.

Im not a techie, but id imagine that its not too time consuming to update existing content, rather than create new stuff..

an example of this could be..

Khaldun - Tentacles of the harrower (i remember how much fun this was when i played years ago 5 of us trying to kill this while always in fear of being raided!) - i went there recently on pandora and killed it in about 5 seconds with my axe :p

I personally would like to see some stuff like this in the future if its possible, anyone else have some examples, or their opinions on the idea?

Horns Nigel

I think some of the recent buffs have been good, some are easier, but some are harder.
Now I dont know if its my perception, but sometimes you will get a monster that you are used to killing the same way all the time and them Whammo, all of the sudden its whacking my dragon real hard, dont get me wrong i think this is really fun, it throws me off guard.
Sorta like killing an orge as a newbie and all of the sudden it turns out to be an orge lord...lol.....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Thaggis

Quote from: Horns Nigel on October 11, 2012, 06:45:54 PM
I think some of the recent buffs have been good, some are easier, but some are harder.
Now I dont know if its my perception, but sometimes you will get a monster that you are used to killing the same way all the time and them Whammo, all of the sudden its whacking my dragon real hard, dont get me wrong i think this is really fun, it throws me off guard.
Sorta like killing an orge as a newbie and all of the sudden it turns out to be an orge lord...lol.....Nigel

I know what you mean, what i'd like to see though is some of the monsters that were intended to be bosses on the OSI shards to get a mini buff here and maybe a rare item added that they could drop. I listed the tentacles because they are a Unique monster that spawns in 1 specific place on the shard, just by buffing & adding a drop to that 1 monster we could create a new hunting ground potentially for a lot of people (including PvP as it is fellucia)

Horns Nigel

I like your idea....Nigel

Maggdalena

I think this sounds great too!  Maybe after the guys have finished up with the patch and Vorspire has had a little breather, we can talk him into looking into some of these ideas that are floating around on the forums. :)
Don't ask too many questions about what goes on at Alifanfaron's house on Weird Wednesdays. You might not be prepared for the answers.

Horns Nigel

TY Maggs, I would appreciate if you could keep this on the top of the talking points for the future....Nigel

Maggdalena

Besides the harrower in Khaldun, what other mobs do you think would be fun to "pump up"?
Don't ask too many questions about what goes on at Alifanfaron's house on Weird Wednesdays. You might not be prepared for the answers.

Horns Nigel

I think Thaggis had some in mind....Nigel

Thaggis

Perhaps the phoenix? Rend? heck even Lurg

maybe we could have the mobs that hold the peerless keys be uber bosses with a guaranteed drop rate for the keys?

Horns Nigel

yes, the phoenix definately....Nigel

DamJ.NeT

Well for lurg, he is ok when you grow some stats... I eat him now, but I remember when he would chew me. The fact that its not A LURG but SEVERAL LURGS rushing you counts. And now, they're great for bandies/money, but crap loot =)

Thaggis

Those are just some random examples, what i would like to see is the old dungeons getting a bit more use, maybe each one to have a boss or something?

Horns Nigel

That would be fun...Nigel

DamJ.NeT

Maggdalena

I really like the idea of "boss" mobs at the furthest depths of some of the old dungeons.  That could be a lot of fun

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman