Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Content Refresh

Started by Thaggis, October 11, 2012, 06:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alifanfaron

Are we still talking about UO, or are you talking about Renault?
"Stop quoting things I never said"  -Maggdalena

Maggdalena

Couldn't be Renault....I keep him in his cage!
Don't ask too many questions about what goes on at Alifanfaron's house on Weird Wednesdays. You might not be prepared for the answers.

jamisoncrzy

A lot of good ideas and points in this thread. I like the ideas of basically revamping some dungeons. I remember when I first started playing UO here on pandora. Went into the trammel dungeons and thought whats the point of this place? Nothing special here... nothing even bad ass. lol. So I do agree that buffing/adding things to these dungeons would be cool. :)

The thing about new/old players (IMO)... Theres alot of things here that new players do not like to see. A lot of things are nerfed a lot of things are buffed. And what gets noticed more out of all things are the nerfed/bad conditions of a shard. Everything that is nerfed gets more attention than things that are buffed or made better. Kind of like mining and lumberjacking. No one likes that. But its needs to be done. most bosses/peerless being buffed to the point its taking 5 vets with dony pets 30 min to kill... Thats a bit much. That would turn me off to the shard too. but hey theres a ton of things I cant do myself anymore and only 29 ppl online so its hard to find someone who will help since half that 29 is afk and im still hanging around :) waiting for pandora to grow again :) But a noobie doesnt see it the same way those that have been here a long time do. They come check it out and see it only the way it is.

Sorry if all this dont make sense. In a bit of a hurry.

Horns Nigel

Maybe you could join a more active guild, we have grown recently and have a lot of players on especially at night?....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Dwarvey

Soul has also started to experiance a groth spurt , but we are more active in the evening hours as opposed to at night.

If interested you can contact clean you soul or Minock in game.

jamisoncrzy

I was just going by the number of ppl on during that particular time I posted.

Thaggis

Jamison is right about the number of active people..

about 5 times ive broadcast "100k to the first person to pm me" and had little or no pm's

bosses are also frustrating because there are few who want to spend 30+ minutes killing one thing

peerless are a nightmare because it takes hours to get the keys.. for shimmering effusion it once took me 7 hours to get the final key (hunting in both fel + trammel)

I hope stuff like that can be addressed soon, because it has been an issue for a long time..

Maggdalena

Don't ask too many questions about what goes on at Alifanfaron's house on Weird Wednesdays. You might not be prepared for the answers.

Horns Nigel

Thaggis, your mailbox is full...lol

Just kidding...Nigel

Maggdalena

Quote from: jamisoncrzy on October 22, 2012, 11:56:39 AM
most bosses/peerless being buffed to the point its taking 5 vets with dony pets 30 min to kill... Thats a bit much.

I'm always a day late and a dollar short, but I was curious about which bosses/peerless are taking 5 vets with donator pets 30 minutes to kill.  "Most" would say to me that there are more that are this hard than those that are not.  I spend more of my time crafting than fighting, but I'm curious :)

jamisoncrzy

Quote from: Maggdalena on October 25, 2012, 10:12:04 PM
Quote from: jamisoncrzy on October 22, 2012, 11:56:39 AM
most bosses/peerless being buffed to the point its taking 5 vets with dony pets 30 min to kill... Thats a bit much.

I'm always a day late and a dollar short, but I was curious about which bosses/peerless are taking 5 vets with donator pets 30 minutes to kill.  "Most" would say to me that there are more that are this hard than those that are not.  I spend more of my time crafting than fighting, but I'm curious :)

Was replying to what Saturn said. Which was
Quoteand it took 20-30min to do a peerless, and that was with a sphinx, dino, cu, GD and some other pets.

Horns Nigel

After seeing Vors new house, kinda wondering if we might see a monster or two there every once and awhile?...Hmmm...Nigel

Maggdalena

@jamisoncrzy - sorry about that....I went back a couple of pages and found the original post about the multiple dony pets and vets :)

But what I also noticed is that this was in the PVM Event room, which is supposed to be harder.  It's designed to give a large group of people something to do for a long time.  It's not meant to be completed in 10 minutes :)  Even though most of the mobs that spawn in there have counterparts of the same name out in the "wilderness", they're definitely not the same.  The PVM Event room has been known to keep 10, 20, 30 people or more busy for up to a couple of hours :)  I think it's a great way to bring people together that you wouldn't normally be fighting side-by-side with (guild / alliance mates and such)

jamisoncrzy

Quote from: Maggdalena on October 26, 2012, 11:50:42 PM
@jamisoncrzy - sorry about that....I went back a couple of pages and found the original post about the multiple dony pets and vets :)

But what I also noticed is that this was in the PVM Event room, which is supposed to be harder.  It's designed to give a large group of people something to do for a long time.  It's not meant to be completed in 10 minutes :)  Even though most of the mobs that spawn in there have counterparts of the same name out in the "wilderness", they're definitely not the same.  The PVM Event room has been known to keep 10, 20, 30 people or more busy for up to a couple of hours :)  I think it's a great way to bring people together that you wouldn't normally be fighting side-by-side with (guild / alliance mates and such)

True. Didnt think about that. lol.
I still think some things can be dimmed back down a little and resources get a little boost. Maybe not to what they were before but a little boost would be nice. And a few other things.. This would make it easier on new players.. Kind of open up the noobie gates. Most people that are playing here are veterans... Which already have mostly everything they need. It seems things are getting buffed and items getting harder to get is to slow Veterans down, but its also making things more difficult on new players.. And new players are what a shard mostly needs to keep growing. As of right now it doesnt look like new players are joining and actually staying.

What if just players with the Young status got a buff that gives them better drop rates and other boosts? lol

But there is a new patch under way I believe? Who knows what to expect?  ??? lol. I like how they keep most things a mystery but.. I dont like it just as much :P Cant wait tho!

Anyway im just rambling, prolly dont even make sense.

Horns Nigel

No, you do make some sense, its just that i think we need to wait until the next patch is completed to re evaluate and see what the changes may be?...Nigel

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111