Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

The Invasion of the Orc Dungeon *ended*

Started by GM NollKoll, June 04, 2014, 07:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

Ok, not only you guys had a small drawback during the crash, had to remove the special spawners i did so far.
This time there is no town that is under an attack, its a dungeon. Various gargoyles is slaughtering the unprepared orcs in this dungeon, but just becouse you will arrive and kill off the gargoyles, do not think a second a orc would target you.

This invasion will be located in the orc dungeons in Felucca, so you need a strong group of players to dare venture into the deep mining caves of the Orc Dungeon.

This is how it works:
There are 3 levels of the orc dungeon, the main focus lays on level 2 & 3.
In the second level of the orc dungeon, you will notice alot of different gargoyle's picking off stray orcs etc. (and you ofcourse) There will be a continous spawn of various gargoyles in all the levels.
But! Here comes the fun part:

Level 2 - Apart from the regular gargoyles, there will be white named ones, the Excubitors.
Kill around 8 of these, and you will summon the commander on the third level of this dungeon.

(works kinda like a champ spawn, wished that i could create so you had to kill a random amount of excubitors from a range of 5-10, but i noticed too late that it was not possible if i wouldnt do a complete redo of the whole spawner system >_>)

The excubitors & commander both got "common" and "rare" loot, the common loot is a piece of decoration, and the rare loot will be the weapon elemental damage deeds. The Excubitors will drop the 100% fire/cold/poison/energy deeds (you will quickly understand which excubitors that drops which deed)
And the commander itself will drop the other mixed* elemental deeds (if you are extremly extremly extremly extremly lucky, he can drop all 4 of the mixed elemental deeds at the same time, or a variation of the 4, but chanses are ofc that he will drop only 1, if he drops it at all, that is)
*Cold/poison 50%
Fire/cold 50%
Fire/cold/poison/energy 25%
Fire/Poison 50%

Beware: i also added some flaming skulls, they can ofcourse attack and blow up a orc instead of you, but i thought i would be kind to mention that the orc dungeon level 2 & 3 are occupied with flaming skulls aswell.

Enjoy!

p.s. this will last until Sunday or so, depending on drops.

*old bit of information[outdated, but ill let it stay for fun]*

One of those things again, yea...

But first.. I wont be online that much during later this day and a few days onwards, but should be free again on saturday..
My Mother is coming to visit me (& annoy the living crap outa) due to its my bday tomorrow etc.

On to the fun stuff again, if i get an agreement from mr king kong and the lot of you, i might have the weapon elemental deeds as a super rare/rare loot from some of the monsters/bosses. (the deeds that change the elemental damages on weapons), also some decos, and stuff like that, but the deeds, we will see if ill add or not! (depending on what you all think & what mr king kong thinks)
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

GM NollKoll

But..

blackmyst

Tyrone Biggums

GM NollKoll

well if everyone is quiet, it feels like noone wants it =P gotta get a hold of mr king kong, ill send him a pm.. might start sunday this whole invasion i recon
But..

GM NollKoll

ok seems that the weapon elemental deeds is a ok sign on those, got clustered today, got some coding done, but i will prob. be done tomorrow (monday).. sorry for the delay, but partly becouse i couldnt see if any players wanted it, then the wait for mr king kong.. I think the elemental deeds could be a neat feature for future large events / invasions... 

For those  that have missed reading about em, they are deeds that change the elemental damage on weapons to a certain fixed amount, there are several deeds that changes to different elements. (example: could change any sort of elemental damage to 25% in fire/cold/energy/poison)
They were first a donation idea, but after they were made, we understood that it might ruin gameplay for non-donators, thus never released to donation house.
But..

GM NollKoll

But..

ieshabones

can you tell us what the drop rate on the elemental deeds are?
also how many different deco items are going to drop? I got 4 so far if you count the special colored wep (soul glaive) that drops.  A robe, a surveyor scope (4 different colors), and a strange geode.

GM NollKoll

Quote from: ieshabones on June 13, 2014, 09:46:10 PM
can you tell us what the drop rate on the elemental deeds are?
also how many different deco items are going to drop? I got 4 so far if you count the special colored wep (soul glaive) that drops.  A robe, a surveyor scope (4 different colors), and a strange geode.

The boss drops the elemental deeds at a higher rate, i think at 1% exactly, but do have in mind, that it is 4 deeds at 1%.
The excubitors have 1 deed per element that can drop, and i think i placed it at 0.7%.
Feel free to tell me if anyone got a deed so far, i want em very rare, but i want em dropped, so yea feel free to give feedback, might move this event to the trammel side for a few days aswell, and ban all the red players access ^^.
And that also summurize all the different deco items, there are 4 hues the geode can drop with, same with the scopes. (but not the same color)
But..

Tyrone Biggums

So far I have 18 robes and Kendra has 6 and we have got 3 geodes and no deeds. Ive done it for 8 hours in the past 2 nights and not even got deco. So yea it's rare.

GM NollKoll

yea the deco was the geodes and scopes, sorry for being unclear
But..

Tyrone Biggums

What I meant was the first night we did it for 3 hours and got 3 geodes. The second night I solod it for 3 hours and got nothing. Last night Kendra and I did it for 5 hours and again nothing.

Christoph

ok, here's my peace on this subject.....

I really think it should be moved to trammel, im really tired of being ganked by "greedy" guilds, and its just not fun when you get the commander up, and your fighting it, and get mob ganked, and any other player who wants to try it has no chance when this happens... it would be all around better in trammel for ALL players

Also, i don't think ANYONE has got a ele deed yet, i've done it quite a bit, even through the ganking, and not got a single one, if you're making this a "short" event you'll need to step up the chance on those dropping slightly, or no one will even get one :)

Tyrone Biggums

i was waiting for the first cry post about being pk'd in a fel event....

when i came back after a 2 year break it was the easter event. i wasn't geared up or anything. Grim killed me every chance he could.

I didn't even mention it on the boards. The easter event wasn't transferred to Tram. Jus sayin'

ieshabones

Quote from: Christoph on June 14, 2014, 07:27:51 PM

I really think it should be moved to trammel, im really tired of being ganked by "greedy" guilds, and its just not fun when you get the commander up, and your fighting it, and get mob ganked, and any other player who wants to try it has no chance when this happens... it would be all around better in trammel for ALL players

I'm pretty sure you haven't been getting ganked everytime you go down there. And its fel you have to expect to get killed every once in awhile.
And you will still get mob ganked in tram. (those flaming skulls hit super hard)

Besides if any guild actually worked together they wouldn't be getting "ganked" all the time. I've seen plenty of times where people are fighting in fel and the rest of there guild didn't even bother to help. If it was me I would leave that guild and find another who would help.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman