Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Regarding the stealable books in covetous *updated*

Started by GM NollKoll, June 21, 2014, 06:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Winter

Wow.

It was me who emptied them.

At least, it was me who emptied most of them.

I've had a hard time getting, or ever seeing, the shield and sword (I think) stealable from Serps Hold. I haven't been to the rune books since Noll first made them known. So, I decided to go down there and double check to make sure I had the spot right because I never saw that particular stealable.

When I got there, I couldnt find the rune...I kept looking through the 3 books and never found it. I recalled to different runes, thinking I may have one mislabeled. While I kept recalling back and forth from locations back to covertous, I hit drop rune on one of the books instead of recall. The rune fell.

Immedidiately I thought " No wonder I cant find that rune, someone took it. " I looked through the books again and again and noticed another gone...cove torch or weapons, one of those. The rest were there.

I figured this must have been what Noll meant by only making the runebooks to locations available for a while and instead of deleting them, he just "unlocked" them and waited for a player to figure it out.

Apparently, I was wrong.

So, it was me.

I did it.

Yes, I have a lot of stealables.

Yes, I did ALOT of legwork to find them before the runebooks were made.

Am I sorry? Half and half.

I'm not sorry that I emptied them because that's what makes UO great...it's a sandbox world where players can change things. For me, at that moment, it was a unique moment that can only happen in a game like this.

I am sorry, however, that it has upset so many people. In the end, we're all here to have fun and if what I did took the fun away for some people, I am 100% sorry for that.

Best,
Mike
"If I take your life, it's nothing personal...just a boy and his toy gun dying for attention" J Lane

Tyrone Biggums

I'll tell ya what I never thought anyone would  admit to this. I give ya alot of credit, it takes a real man to admit they made a mistake. Much respect for the post.

Ladibug

Ha! Did I call it or what? At least he can admit it.
I <3 my Soul Family

The Winter

Quote from: Tyrone Biggums on June 22, 2014, 07:46:39 PM
I'll tell ya what I never thought anyone would  admit to this. I give ya alot of credit, it takes a real man to admit they made a mistake. Much respect for the post.

I would have admitted to it right away if I even knew it was posted here.

I didn't do it out of malice. I wasn't looking behind me or scared that someone was watching me. I thought Noll figured the time had run it's course for the books and unlocked them on purpose.

It was like the ultimate "thief job". I was sitting there going "Isn't this ironic...stealing the keys to the stealables!"
"If I take your life, it's nothing personal...just a boy and his toy gun dying for attention" J Lane

GM NollKoll

Cheers for being honest, will set a timer on em so they will all spawn at the same time, like the first time but tiny bit more specific
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Horns Nigel

TY for being Honest on this, I give you a ton of credit for that....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

GM NollKoll

As promised, the new stealables will all spawn at the same time, At 5PM ET (plus minus 30 minutes) Enjoy!
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman