Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Request to increase the area covered by the fel rule set

Started by Johana, November 16, 2012, 06:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johana

Horns Nigel

Just my opinion, but I think you will be hard pressed in convincing the shard to make that change, have you tried the other pandora shard yet?

Also the reward is there, I farm sea spiders in Fel all the time and the loot is much better, I agree the risk is low, but I would have avoided the high risk areas anyways.

I am sure grim is still out there watching for ya all...lol
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Dwarvey

You've obviously never farmed large groups, and had a red run through your splash damage. Then hit you once or twice so the mobs can kill you and He gets to loot your body.

I have during the holloween event. Kind of a cheap way to do it, but it happens.

Try wanderin in Ish. I know several PVM players who go there, just not to spots you probably frequent.

Sorry but I don't have any sympathy after gettin hit with a cheap shot like that.

Horns Nigel

True, I know a lot of players who do Ish, also I like wandering around Fel from time to time, exploring places like Ocello, where literally no one goes....

What leaves a bad taste in your mouth is when your at a champ and your whole guild is wiped out as your almost finished by hiding a ghost and then attacking you at the last moment.
They were nice enough to rez us however, so we will give em that much...hehe

DamJ.NeT

Ghosts are resurected every 15 min so you can't ghostcam, so it helps not getting caught :)

Also I agree on the low risk feeling atm. I hunt in fel and ilsh a lot, and have yet to see someone except in ankh :). Try that one while stone is green ehe.

But I think its more an issue of population than area.

Johana

Dojo, Mines and Doom were all once fel rules set and a lot more exciting.  As for playing on another shard, Pandora is my home.  The pvp rule set has changed before plus it gives a better opportunity for multiple play styles.  The battle system is great but it just does not compare to staking your prey or the adrenaline rush when you get jumped.

Dwarvey

Actually.....I disagree with you statement about supporting more play styles. All it did when those Dungeons were Fel rule set was make it so only players who were full built had access to arties of any kind. So it actually reduces play styles as only one style has access to the best items.

If the population rises more you will have plenty of people to fight.

Johana

Now I disagree with your statement, I played with a larger population of pvp players, with ghost cams, and I still was able to go to the get arties (and I was a full mage with no melee weapon).  It took skill, you hid sometimes, ran some times and fought for the items you desired.  It was a challenge and when your hard work came to fruition it lend it self to a sense of accomplishment.  There was a time when there were more active pvp guilds camping champs, myself and other players created distractions (pvp tournament) and defences (wall of bag balls) at a Harrower spawn to prevent our slaughter.  You band together with guilds make alliances, and watch out for one another.  You had to be more creative in how you played the game, in what you had to do to achieve your goals.

TheGrimReaper

Still no luck finding anyone from Fel/ Ilshe :( *Hunt Continues!*

TheGrimReaper

Quote from: Johana on November 17, 2012, 09:43:19 AM
Now I disagree with your statement, I played with a larger population of pvp players, with ghost cams, and I still was able to go to the get arties (and I was a full mage with no melee weapon).  It took skill, you hid sometimes, ran some times and fought for the items you desired.  It was a challenge and when your hard work came to fruition it lend it self to a sense of accomplishment.  There was a time when there were more active pvp guilds camping champs, myself and other players created distractions (pvp tournament) and defences (wall of bag balls) at a Harrower spawn to prevent our slaughter.  You band together with guilds make alliances, and watch out for one another.  You had to be more creative in how you played the game, in what you had to do to achieve your goals.
This bagball wall doesn't work allways like you planned :D Sometimes your team might be slaughtered and then there's no way out, hehe.  8)

Horns Nigel

Thatperson

I was always happy with malas being fel, just leave doom out of it. Bedlam has a champ so makes sense being fel but doom is about teamwork, not getting raided. like dwarvey said it makes newer players stay away and everyone has to buy arties off top players

Saturn

The only thing i would say is if malas could stay tram rules except somehow allow people to steal...I dont even know if thats possible.

But as far as the whole rush/adrenalin thing; i still get nervous going to fel/ilsh know that its possible to get pked, and i could understand wanting the rush of the hunt back cause it feels great to stalk people (kinda creepy tho guys), but imagine the tables turned, doesn't feel so great getting your butt handed to you and feeling helpless. I love the battles system we got, but its given me enough insight to know what i can handle, and that's not much...Alot of places that people frequent are still fel, like champs and such.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

TheGrimReaper

I like Saturns idea to keep Malas Trammel but enable stealing. And as normally when you get caught you'll become a criminal and other player can call guards and you are dead in a second, but i'm still seeking players from Fel/ Ilshe, if anyone knows a spot where players often are remember to [PM GrimReaper in game, and there will be a surprise for sure.  8)

blindead

Quote from: TheGrimReaper on November 18, 2012, 07:44:31 AM
I like Saturns idea to keep Malas Trammel but enable stealing. And as normally when you get caught you'll become a criminal and other player can call guards and you are dead in a second, but i'm still seeking players from Fel/ Ilshe, if anyone knows a spot where players often are remember to [PM GrimReaper in game, and there will be a surprise for sure.  8)
i make lots of trip to ilsh and i have a house in fel... just to let you know.. :)

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman