Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Wall in Daily PVP

Started by Johana, February 06, 2015, 04:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johana

Please consider taking down the wall in the daily pvp arena.

zaxarus

Yes, please.
No need to explain..

Tys

"My name is my name."

Keeblerboy

As my German friends would say...  "I would like the Wall to come down" in daily pvp.  More effort would be put in to dueling vs running around the wall and hiding.

King Kong

I'd like to get others opinions on this.

When I was running casting tests, 5 of those pvpers agreed the wall would be a good idea and keep it balanced and more challenging, especially with swing speed being faster. I understand sometimes you won't get a kill as easy cause someone dodged you. -- I am not against removing it, but....

Quote from: zaxarus on February 06, 2015, 04:15:10 PM
Yes, please.
No need to explain..

Actually you do if you're voting to remove it. Thank you.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Johana

zaxarus

Quote from: Konstantine on February 06, 2015, 07:40:04 PM
I'd like to get others opinions on this.

When I was running casting tests, 5 of those pvpers agreed the wall would be a good idea and keep it balanced and more challenging, especially with swing speed being faster. I understand sometimes you won't get a kill as easy cause someone dodged you. -- I am not against removing it, but....

Quote from: zaxarus on February 06, 2015, 04:15:10 PM
Yes, please.
No need to explain..

Actually you do if you're voting to remove it. Thank you.

Because it's a duel. And not running in circles for minutes.
Tys

"My name is my name."

Drake11

love the wall... forces you to move... imo not really a fight if you just stand there and smack each other
Imperator of Warcry [WAR]
Commanding Lord of the House of Targaryen

zaxarus

Quote from: Drake11 on February 07, 2015, 01:19:39 PM
love the wall... forces you to move... imo not really a fight if you just stand there and smack each other

That's why you never join Daily? Cause you love the wall? ^^

On Topic:
Forces you to move. Yes it does. After the opponent who circles the wall and does nothing else. Where exactly is the tactical aspect there? Curious.
Tys

"My name is my name."

Drake11

off topic: how little you know about me doing daily lol

on topic: is it not a strategic activity to catch your opponent?

zaxarus

on topic: It is, when there are obstacles.. and not a dumb wall that has a single purpose: To make a fight last longer. Not to make it more interesting. ;)

off topic: Ok i am sorry. Where are you in that list then? Assuming you win the fights?

Tys

"My name is my name."

Drake11

on topic: sure it makes it more interesting, suppose a newer player that is more adept at movement fights an older player that is not? it changes the entire fight altogether.

off topic: you should try checking the tops of all the lists

Outkast

The wall is a great addition to the daily pvp.  If it wasn't for the wall most players would just get slaughtered.  The wall brings in tactics which makes it way more interesting. If you have no wall you can just hit a macro and walk away knowing your opponent can't hide...

zaxarus

Drak, there is just one daily list and for weeks we can't find you there (it resets itself frequently). But i let you yours and you let me mine. lol
finis.

About that wall:

Sure, but it doesn't change the outcome if you fight that newbie (like in Drak's example). In the end he will lose the fight and all he was able to do was buying time.
I agree so far that it CAN be a strategic element. But the same time it can be "abused" or "exploited". We've seen this: Players literally running in circles around the wall w/o even attacking or casting. Just moving around.
It would make more sense, if you want this strategic element, to place one or two smaller obstacles, pillars or something.
Tys

"My name is my name."

Outkast

I have never seen it exploited so I wouldn't know.  But you try and run circles around the wall on me, and I guarantee you are not gonna be running for long.

Falada

What's wrong with a quick fight? If one of the fighters is clearly stronger/better. If both are even the fight will last longer. Always was like that and the Wall is just annoying if someone who is clearly not as strong as the other one can stretch a fight (with the same outcome in the end anyway) can use it to hide. What's the 'skill' in running away? Oh right.. running away...  ;)
greets Fala

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]