Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Razor trouble...?

Started by Sylanorn, July 02, 2011, 09:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylanorn

I just tried to load up Razor to start playing my favorite game.  Razor updated and no longer works on my computer.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Until I get this resolved, I'm unable to play.

Uhhh

I also posted about this already - where 3 other players have also replied that they have experienced the same issue. It's clearly a widespread thing affecting many players, if not everyone as we all use razor to connect to pandora. The exact error message I get is as follows:

Event type: clr20r3
P1: razor.exe
P2: 1.0.13.1
P3: 4e0fc615
P4: razor
P5: 1.0.13.1
P6: 4e0fc615
P7: 9a5
P8: 26
P9: system.dllnotfoundexception

Do you get the same error message as well? If this is not affecting ALL players, perhaps we who are all having issues are all running the same OS with some dll file that does not exist in other versions of windows? I'm simply running Windows XP Home Edition.

Also - If this is only affecting some players, perhaps we can bypass razor's desire to update itself? Is there some way to turn off it's attempt to update, that way we can just do a fresh install and run it without updating?

Sylanorn

All I get it is Razor has stopped working.  Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... then the box goes away.  I'm on Windows 7 and running under xp service pack 3.

Johana

Download and install the razor version from the pandora website.  This worked for me.

Hexx

That works, Thanks alot :)
Trust in your fellow man but don\'t forget to tie up your camel.

LadyLeather

Hi!  I just downloaded the client and Razor from the Pandora weblinks and was itching to play.

However after I installed the "Razor.Latest" exe file and set it to run as administrator (and told Norton that it wasn't a virus) the file wouldn't run.  I'd get a windows troubleshooting screen (which turned itself off after a second or two) and then nothing.

I've tried uninstalling/re-installing.  Downloaded a new version and installed that.  Still no joy.
I've also tried running it in compatibility mode from Vista to XP (2,3), Win2000 and 98/ME.

My system is Win7 64bits.

Any help for a newb?

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111