Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Spread the Word...

Started by Horns Nigel, December 23, 2012, 11:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horns Nigel

Hails,
You know there are a lot of us who have played on several other shards in the past and may still have active accounts they we seldom or ever use, please take a moment and visit your old friends and tell them about Pandora.
We have recently had some success in recruiting some new players this way and thought if more of us can spread the word this is a new way to attract some new players to the shard....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

TheGrimReaper

This is a good idea but, i think this doesn't work for me :D The last shard i was playing actively in was at 2007 and think the players that i was playing with aren't there anymore, but i have tested other shards too but didn't really get into them. But then i found Pandora and love it here. :)

Saturn

Although i agree Pandora is the best shard, i don't think its fair to go on other shards and persuade people to switch and come over here (although im sure they'd be happier for it). If we don't allow ourselves to promote other shards on Pandora, we shouldn't go on other shards and promote our own.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

TheGrimReaper

Now as i think about that, i agree with you Saturn.

Horns Nigel

Wasnt really thinking about stealing them, just adding pandora to their playlist, although I am sure once they see our shard, they will not go back....Nigel

Voxpire

We're all for fair play here at Pandora, we don't advocate logging into other shards to advertise or spam, but there's no harm in doing so if you limit your messages to private chat with friends.
Unsolicited attempts to recruit players from other shards usually results in a loss of respect and morality, which, in my opinion, is a greater loss than even if we gained 100 players doing it.

We hate it when people randomly show up on Pandora and spam our global chat with links and adverts for some other shard,those people aren't well received and you should expect the same if you try to do it to any other shard. Also, fanboys (and girls) can be a dangerous thing :P

Last time someone caused spamming issues on Pandora, I was so peeved that, for lack of better judgement, I went to their website, made a forum account and literally mass-posted something like 100 posts related to advertising for Pandora, sure it felt good at the time, but I realise I just went as low as they had done.
Suffice to say, the owners of that shard must have thought twice before sending out their little advertising lackeys.

So, in the spirit of fair play, feel free to advertise, spread the word in whatever way you can, but don't cross the moral line. Remember, you are a citizen of Pandora and that comes with honor, if you wander into rival territory with all guns blazing, your actions will reflect on the rest of us as we are all in it together.

GO TEAM!

Happy Holidays :)

Saturn

Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Horns Nigel

Yes TY Vor, I was speaking only of close friends on other shards that i played with for years, not trying to steal unknowns from other shards..... I guess I should have made that more clear in the beginning of this post, sorry for that...Nigel

Voxpire

I know you were Nigel, my post was more aimed at anyone who's thinking about it, just helps them understand our stance on the subject so they can get a better idea of what we do and do not condone :)

Obviously we want people to advertise, but we don't want any cases where people go spam on a shard, then come back here looking for praise which would be met with resentment.

Horns Nigel

Saturn

Quote from: Horns Nigel on December 24, 2012, 02:34:34 PM
Yes TY Vor, I was speaking only of close friends on other shards that i played with for years, not trying to steal unknowns from other shards..... I guess I should have made that more clear in the beginning of this post, sorry for that...Nigel

I don't think anyone would ever expect anything underhanded from you Nigel  ;)

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman