Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Just a Q. about the citizens of Pandoras colorblindness

Started by GM NollKoll, August 21, 2013, 06:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

Just need to recon a bit, before i do a event, and would be ashame to get the possible colorblind people in a mess here.. Please answer honestly ofc
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Horns Nigel

Ive learned over the years just to work around it....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

zaxarus

May i play Mr. Smart? Okay, i will^^:

Color blindness is very very rare. These people don't see ANY color at all (they see black/white, with strange contrasts). So if that would be the case, you couldn't rly play this game.^^

You are refering to a "Red-Green Weakness". That's no color blindness, that's just a thingy with some receptors in the human eye.

*turns off smart modus*

:P

I've also found ways to work around my Red-Green weakness. It's only a problem in certain situations.
And of course, if i would be a girl, it would be much worse for me, hahaha.

Tys

"My name is my name."

Axle Stonehands

I'm not colorblind, but my taste in mixing colors has been questioned by a few...

Dwarvey

Quote from: Axle Stonehands on August 21, 2013, 09:56:31 AM
I'm not colorblind, but my taste in mixing colors has been questioned by a few...

LOL....mine too. If I remember right Harsh has a problem with colors.

Thatperson

@zax... Chairman of the pedantic society.. Oh wait, sorry, should i say head... :D
and anyway, what do all you people do when you reach a set of traffic lights? hehe, just go through and hope?? :D

Horns Nigel

zaxarus

Quote from: Thatperson on August 21, 2013, 02:32:24 PM
@zax... Chairman of the pedantic society.. Oh wait, sorry, should i say head... :D
and anyway, what do all you people do when you reach a set of traffic lights? hehe, just go through and hope?? :D

Pedantic Society, that's awesome.^^

To your question:

There are ways. I mean i know that red must be red and green must be green. And i know the locations. Also if you KNOW you have that problem, you can work on it. Of course you can't make it disappear (cause it is genetics^^), but you can work around it.
Tys

"My name is my name."

Horns Nigel

Saturn

Wow, thats awesome that you think of that Noll. +5 consideration points!

I'm kinda curious what disadvantages and challenges having a color vision deficiency would pose in UO.

I imagine running into paragons can be a bit of a bother.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Horns Nigel

I've kinda learned over the years to just ignore all colors and sounds, old age, bad eye sight and deafness all help...lol.  its a big PINA getting old.....Nigel

GM NollKoll

2 People voted on total colorblindness.. Hope those were jokes?
But..

sandonato1400

Have you guys seen those circles filled with different colored dots?

"If you see a seven you are not colorblind, in you see a 2 you are colorblind..."

Well I scored "colorblind" on everyone...  I also clearly know the difference between red and green. I do not see black and white or strange contrasts. I do have trouble with alike colors, some dark navy polo's look black and some black polo's look dark navy, same with dress pants and suit coats... Some other small confusions like that but not obvious diff colors... Just my two cents...

GM NollKoll

Quote from: sandonato1400 on August 22, 2013, 06:31:39 AM
I do have trouble with alike colors, some dark navy polo's look black and some black polo's look dark navy, same with dress pants and suit coats... Some other small confusions like that but not obvious diff colors... Just my two cents...

Aint that just a normal.. being a man and all?
But..

Dwarvey

Quote from: GM NollKoll on August 22, 2013, 08:06:50 AM
Quote from: sandonato1400 on August 22, 2013, 06:31:39 AM
I do have trouble with alike colors, some dark navy polo's look black and some black polo's look dark navy, same with dress pants and suit coats... Some other small confusions like that but not obvious diff colors... Just my two cents...

Aint that just a normal.. being a man and all?

No being a man doesn't mean you can't tell colors. It just means you don't care if they go together, well most normal men anyways.

As for traffic lights........It doesn't take much to memorize what is where even if you can't tell the exact color. I have friends that have done that too.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman