Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

**Event Saturday** Minecr...err... Digging up the motherload! *Completed*

Started by GM NollKoll, March 06, 2015, 08:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

I think this will be a fun and unique event. Dig up your own event rewards =P

It will be no pvm... no pvp... so what is it?
Well, redifining the mining in Ultima online, that is what it is ^^

Whhaaat? You say?

Well it will be a massive massive square consisting of different layered blocks, which can be "mined", where ive hidden event rewards when you reach the next layer (this is to make it impossible to know where each reward is, until you get it into your backpack.) The lower you go, the more pickaxe hits it takes to break the block! (But who knows, there might be greater rewards down below?)
Since you cant jump in this game, i will make a safety mechanism, where you can just say a word and it reset your position to the top of the massive blockconstruction.
Who knows, will you be the one that finds the motherload?

Rules:
Come as empty as you possible can, obviously..  But no weapons or spellbooks (or pets)!
(Optional: dress as a miner, could be an outfit award, who knows?)
Rules can be changed before or during the event, but since PvP aint allowed, and there is no monster, this should just go all fantastic!

Warnings:
It will consist of a alot of items, which can make it lag on poorer computers.

edit: did a quick test ingame, im 99% sure i can get this to work awesomly!
edit2: Event will be performed during the same time as usual, 6pm for you yankies, plus minus a few H depending on timezones, and roughly 11pm-midnight for europeans, plus minus aswell.

edit3: Thank you all for attending, was rather cool and unique ^^.. Ofc there are some luck based factors on where you dig etc, but i hope you all enjoyed it anyway (you got a cool pickaxe atleast=P)..  And there was this issue with players not understanding exactly how to gain the rewards aswell..

edit4: it took around 70-80 minutes to dig out the 3200 object that could be "mined"

Also, gratz Dr K, you found the motherload! ^^.. Was a bright white colored ore named "The extremly rare ore which Pandora Bucks are made of" +event name and date ^^

Anyhow.. here comes a few screens over the event!

Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Dr. Kevorkian

The event sounds "smashing". I think players will really "dig" an event like this. Okay, so I'm bad at puns. But I believe this is a great way to bring out the community. You always do an outstanding job with the events Noll. I'm sure this will be no exception. 

Gasper Le Marc

Are the rewards from this event "Blessed" by anychance.

reason being, some might have many rewards and become overburdened, and it leaves room for my service to help carry such weights without the owner worrying about leaving his mining work.

:)
Legendary Thief of Pandora

Karack

The event wil run how many time? I have to go saturday morning and I will be back for 16pm

GM NollKoll

Quote from: Karack on March 06, 2015, 11:57:34 AM
The event wil run how many time? I have to go saturday morning and I will be back for 16pm

it will probably run once.. but i think ill save the area, so i can easily setup a simular type for the future ^^
And no need to use pm/am if you are allready writing in "military" terms.. clockwise that is.
But..

Karack

Hooo, you're right 16 dont need am/pm. I feel like a dumb :]. The event will be on Dagger isle?

GM NollKoll

not sure where yet.. but i will have a teleporter when im done.. so no need to ask where ^^
But..

ieshabones

will bank stones be allowed? if so I don't think it would be fare to the players who don't have them.

Axle Stonehands

No PVM or PVP? I can dig it.

P.S. - Is it BYOS? (Bring Your Own Shovel?)

zaxarus

Quote from: ieshabones on March 06, 2015, 05:37:30 PM
will bank stones be allowed? if so I don't think it would be fare to the players who don't have them.

If there'd be a banker the problem would be solved?
I am ok not using my bank stone (if this is somehow a problem...), but i won't put it anywhere else than in my character's backpack, sorry. ^^
Tys

"My name is my name."

GM NollKoll

Well its not like you will fill your backpack with different type of ore or whatever.. bankstones aint really needed.. But i guess they could be used to secretly bring out a weapon or something like that..
So lets rule those out aswell ^^

And i will provide the mining tools for ya!
But..

zaxarus

I won't remove my bank stone from my pack, sorry. (And what good would a weapon be for anyway?)

Tys

"My name is my name."

wmalone

So the GM says not to bring something to the event .. and your going to do it anyway ? 
not sure that sounds like a fair player ...

@noll ... maybe disable the bankstones then for those who refuse to remove them from their packs ?

Gasper Le Marc

I remember when i did own a bankstone,

Immediately i had a macro set up to instantly put it in my bank so that way if i die i wouldnt have to worry about wasting time trying to insure it before that final blow of my end, it would immediately be safe.
Legendary Thief of Pandora

zaxarus

Quote from: wmalone on March 07, 2015, 10:28:21 AM
So the GM says not to bring something to the event .. and your going to do it anyway ? 
not sure that sounds like a fair player ...

@noll ... maybe disable the bankstones then for those who refuse to remove them from their packs ?

Thanks for making weird assumptions, i appreciate it. ;)

If the GM forbids me to join the event because - oh my god - i have a bankstone, then i suppose i cannot join, can i?
Let's assume i've talked to him, since he also posted that rules might change... let's also assume that there is no advantage or disadvantage having a bankstone during that event... and let's also assume that i am happy with the GM watching every step i'm doing because i COULD steal something and bank it (which is, btw, not my intention...)... and let's assume - finally - that you have no idea who i am and if i am fair or not... how does that sound to you?
I think i will be fine.
Thanks anyway.

Edit:

Oh, Crenshaw, you DO know me. Can't say i am surprised now.

Tys

"My name is my name."

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111