Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

No picture

Started by Hexx, June 07, 2011, 02:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hexx

Greetings,
   I am having an issue viewing the gaming screen. I can log on, hear music, but once I get to the gaming screen all I see is grey (and an empty, black, message box).  I just recently started to play UO again after being away for a number of years and had started on another shard which uses UO classic. I saw your shard on a "Top" list and was immediately compelled :) to want to play your shard, so I loaded all the things I needed to (UOS client, razor) and ran the patch to what was perscribed. I'm at a loss as to what I have done wrong. I do have windows 7 and have used the run as administrator button. What else can I do to possibly fix this problem?
  Thanks for any help you can give me, Hexx
Trust in your fellow man but don\'t forget to tie up your camel.

Maggdalena

How high is your client patched?  7.0.8.2 is the currently supported patch here on Pandora.  That will be changing in the near future, but for now, that's where we are.
Don't ask too many questions about what goes on at Alifanfaron's house on Weird Wednesdays. You might not be prepared for the answers.

Hexx

I was at the 7.0.8, I let it progress to 7.0.8.2 then it jumped to 7.0.9 before I could stop it. None the less my screen was and is still grey :( Could I be having trouble because of the other client and shard? which by the way are still working, but now instead of the UO classic screen at the start I now get the Stygian Abyss screen.

Mita

You can have multiple UO directories. (The UO folder)
Each directory can be patched to a different patch, and can use multiple client versions.
Razor connects to the UO directory. (hint hint)

Try
 - Make sure razor is latest version.
 - Redownload the client. Save the folder as "UO Pandora" or something.
 - Run UO from that folder to patch it manually to 7.0.8.0
 - Make a copy of the UO folder "UO Pandora 2" (incase we mess up patching)
 - Continue patching from 7.0.8.0 to 7.0.8.2 (if you patch too far, copy the "2" folder and repeat attempt)
 - Open Razon and enter:
 - - - Load Client: "2D Client (Auto Detect)"
 - - - Check "Patch Client Encryption"
 - - - UO Data Directory: Select the newly patched folder "UO Pandora" You will need to browse.

Remember to try temporarily disabling firewalls (not that thats the case here) and run with a profile that has administrative rights. Run client and razor with admin mode. Not much more I can say about it I'm afraid.
Accident - [size=85]The library that runs on land, over seas, or anywhere her feet takes her.[/size]

Hexx

Thanks for all the help. I will try what you suggested and will let you know how it went. Thanks again, Hexx

Kronen

you can stop yourself patching further than you need to by creating a .txt file following the naming conventions of the patch files.  call the .txt file the name of the the patch you do NOT want to get.  save it in the patch folder.  right click it and rename - change the .txt extension to .rtp.  right click it again, go to properties, and tick the 'read only' box at the bottom.

this will produce an error message when the patcher tries to get the actual patch file with the same name as the one you created, preventing the client getting patched further than you want.

see: http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24837

Hexx

Hello,
  Thank you all who helped me, everything now works and I have already put in a little time on the shard. Thank you again, Hexx (R.M. Hildebrand)

Maggdalena

Fantastic! Welcome to Pandora :)
Don't ask too many questions about what goes on at Alifanfaron's house on Weird Wednesdays. You might not be prepared for the answers.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman