Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Quick note regarding the new mapper program

Started by Angel0178, April 01, 2012, 03:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel0178

If you are using a version of Windows newer than XP, make sure when you open Ultima Mapper, you do so as an Admin or it will show you in Lord Britishs castle and others will see you in the water in Fel.

King Kong

thank you for the tip.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

kej

using win 7, 64 ive run it as admin but still in castle, any ideas?

kej

nm sorted it, if you have both classic and enhanced client installed it automatically sets it up for EC, if you want to use it on classic, go settings and untick the use EC checkbox then select your classic client from list(if its there) if its not there just click ok and restart mapper.

Angel0178

Glad you sorted it out, Kej. Anything after Windows XP really is not too big a fan of play computer games, nor any programs that support it.

Opaloka

Also worthy of noting with ultima mapper, is their Latitude (east & west) coordinates are incorrect, it seems to vary smetimes you may be just 4-8 tiles out, sometimes its greater than this (so dont use it for SOS's or youll never find the chest)

Ive mentioned this a few times in IRC, but as this thread  is about the mapper, tohught it may get a wider audience

I have also sent the makers of it a bug report, tohugh im not even sure it went through, have had no response, perhaps a few of us should bug it, and it may get fixed, unlike UOAM and UOC it is at least a current program, so maybe they will fix it

Also does anyone know if the old treasure spot layer of UOAM can somehow be added to ultima mapper, or even if labels can be added one at a time?
Its really just the coordinate issue and the treasure map layer that keeps me using UOAM atm
Ingame Name - Autumnstar

Angel0178

i don't know about adding the SOS layer from UOAM, but I do know you can add markers to UM. I am currently working on markers for places that are exclusive to Pandora (ie: New Insula shows up as Abandoned City in Ter Mur, the Donation House, Ankh Dungeon, etc.) There however, is a bug where you can't edit markers. When you try to, it crashes the program. You can however, add and delete them.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman