Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Ping spikes anyone?

Started by Keeblerboy, August 21, 2013, 07:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

If the client actually freezes, i will say this now as i have said it before (always worth a shot, since it worked for me, and worked for alot of others.)

on uo.exe , client.exe and razor.exe/assistuo.exe , right click, go to properties, then under "Compability", set it as "run as admin" & run in "Win XP SP3" mode

New computers tends to hate old games... thinks its unworthy to play them.. pfff.. silly new computers, feeling all high and mighty
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

sebastian

Quote from: GM NollKoll on August 28, 2013, 05:07:11 AM
If the client actually freezes, i will say this now as i have said it before (always worth a shot, since it worked for me, and worked for alot of others.)

on uo.exe , client.exe and razor.exe/assistuo.exe , right click, go to properties, then under "Compability", set it as "run as admin" & run in "Win XP SP3" mode

New computers tends to hate old games... thinks its unworthy to play them.. pfff.. silly new computers, feeling all high and mighty , Do not get me wrong, of course this is only a suggestion.

Items deleted redundant server is going to be a little nicer codes or item or aggregation usually caused by instant freezing because

King Kong

Quote from: sebastian on August 28, 2013, 07:54:59 AM

New computers tends to hate old games... thinks its unworthy to play them.. pfff.. silly new computers, feeling all high and mighty , Do not get me wrong, of course this is only a suggestion.

Items deleted redundant server is going to be a little nicer codes or item or aggregation usually caused by instant freezing because

I just love how much sense you make.  :P

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

sebastian

Up to 1 month lag and the loss did not have, but now it is frozen, and sometimes I think it makes sense to throw together restard

Keeblerboy

Noll thank you for the suggestions.  I made the changes at the beginning of playing last night.  The inconsistent ping was still freezing the screen every few minutes. My ISP is working perfect.  I hope this issue can be tracked down and resolved.

zaxarus

Same for me.

Maybe a daily (automatic) reboot could be considered. Not a big deal and maybe it can prevent these issues. Only an idea.

Tys

"My name is my name."

Horns Nigel

I Havnt noticed anything?  Does your isp provider make a diff?.....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Keeblerboy

I have an upgrade service through my ISP. 50 over 25 Mbps.  Just the last 3 weeks I've really noticed Huge variations in my ping.   It was about 45 to 60 ping.   Now it varies considerably.  2250 ping is the highest I've seen so far.   

Electo Jason

The only time I ever experience Lag on the game is when I am doing champs for some reason once they hit about 70pct life it starts getting choppy other than that no issues :)

I guess me and Nigel have the ultimate ISP in Chicago :)
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Horns Nigel

LOL, yeah Jason, its about the only good reason I can think of to stay in this god for saken state. Lol.  When I told Vor about my isp, he couldn't stop laughing, so who knows?  Just glad there's no lagg, except in real high spawns...Nigel

Electo Jason

I can give you another 2 good reason to stay here.

1) Blackhawks
2) Gene And Jude's

Need I say more? :)
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Horns Nigel

Ok, you got me,  agreed,....Nigel

Ladibug

New computers tends to hate old games... thinks its unworthy to play them.. pfff.. silly new computers, feeling all high and mighty

Mine is already set on this, and I have been having many problems lately.
I <3 my Soul Family

Horns Nigel

Mine too, freezing is diff then lag, my wifes is even worse then mine....Nigel

zaxarus

Quote from: zaxarus on August 29, 2013, 10:43:53 AM
Maybe a daily (automatic) reboot could be considered. Not a big deal and maybe it can prevent these issues. Only an idea.

8)
Tys

"My name is my name."

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]