Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Latest Update

Started by Des Sanct, February 24, 2012, 08:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Des Sanct

It seems that mana leech in its many ways has been changed (lessened) which was not noted in the recent thread concering the update. Wraith Form leech is unnoticable if it is even there anymore. Also the mana leech weapon property seems to draw less although not tested on a complete scale.

The latest update has made poisoning very simple to do. Curing on the other hand, is nearly impossible. This is what I have tested:

Character with gm poisoning casting poison on himself.
Test 1 to cure with Cure Spell (An Nox) - 5 attempts, failed first 4
Test 2 to cure with Cure Spell (An Nox) - 5 attempts, failed first 4
Test 3 to cure with Cure Spell (An Nox) - 3 attempts, failed first 2
Test 4 to cure with Cure Spell (An Nox) - 4 attempts, failed first 3
Test 5 to cure with Cure Spell (An Nox) - 5 attempts, failed first 4

Again this was tested with a character at gm posioning casting the poison spell. (NOT PARASITIC POISON)

Now as far as the more successful attempts to cure (Arch Cure and Cleanse Wounds) the casting time is so long that in an 8x8 setting an opponent can run clear from one side to the other and hit with a weapon to disturb the attempt. Also any 1st thro 3rd circle spell can easily disrupt either of those 2 cures. i.e. weaken, clumsy,feeblemind, magic arrow, fireball. poison, and even harm.

Also I have noticed that stacking consecutive special moves using a weapon consumes significantly more mana than prior which was also not listed in the updates. I personally dont have any problems with it. Just posted it for other to see that event change.

In conclusion, I would like to see the ability to cure addressed. The way the scenario plays out now, the ability to poison has overtaken the mortal wound ability.

Feel free to comment or add to anything I have posted.

-Des Sanct

Belegerandh

Interesting thesis, Des Sanct. I'm not clear why the changes took place but on the PVE side of things I took a new character to do the New Haven quests. Just something different to do for the blessed trinkets and to make some new books. Surprisingly, to me, people actually use these books often.

I wore new runic plate but was still taking over 23 damage from zombies and skeletons but delivered almost nothing in return. It reminded me of OSI when we would train healing, in large groups, in Ilshenar. We would drag a rotting corpse to the shrine and beat it for hours while everyone GM'ed their heal.

I'm not saying this to knock anything done in-world. It was quite interesting but it made me wonder how much more interesting it would be if the creatures had a greater AI and even used some of the gear they were carrying. Maybe gazers and elder gazers having anti-magic abilities and so forth (ie. AD&D beholders). I'm thinking intelligent undead would be a little creepier if they tried to kite a player into a waiting mob of wailing and hungry zombies. Or even dragons summoning help. Something believable, I mean, and make the adventurer think, laugh, and even go into a nerd rage at times. Nerd rages are awesome!  :lol:

Lithium66

Des  hopefully you will be on tonight Because I would like to get all the pvp guilds together and field test everything as there has been alotta changes and due to all the different player styles some small adjustments need to be made to random spells and everyones input would be great.

H20 has been testing alot but the best tests are done in the field so all the different styles and opinions can all be seen and heard. I think if we all jump on this we should be able to knock out any issues or concerns etc. I know some spells the timers need small adjustments like arch cure and cleanse by fire and there are others that need small tweaks also so hopefully we can get the timers and any other issues we feel that need to be balanced out figured out so I can email the results to Kon.

I know Kon has been talking to alotta guilds/players over the last few days and is trying to get  any issues with spell timers addressed so hopefully we can get any concerns figured out tonight to get everything balanced and tweaked so we can all get back to playing.

King Kong

Yes i am making changes early next week -- I put cure on the opposite spectrum to counter some higher poisons.. Because Parastitic is now suppose to be easily cure, but need to find a balance for other poisons and curing etc.

This will all be addressed next week.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Des Sanct

Perhaps if we want to attach casting times we could go like original intentions. Along the scale of karma - the casting times for necro and chiv spells should be equally relevant to the casters karma. So say a person with 15000 karma could cast the chiv spell at cap (either .25 or .5 seconds) but at the same token the person with 15000 karma can cast nerco spell at the opposite end (2.0 and 2.5 seconds) and vice versa. Necro with -15000 karma can cast necro spells at .25 and .5 but chiv spells at 2.0 and 2.5.

Just a thought.

King Kong

Not a bad thought Des Sanct

Des Sanct

How soon can we see a change? Either its sheer coincidence that no one was pvping since this update, or everyone took the last 3-4 days off. Also, the sign in the pits say no darts in next reboot. When can we expect that? I think it's clearly keeping people from joining the dailys. Just hoping for some progress soon. Was a dull weekend. I hope next isn't the same.

King Kong

Quote from: "Des Sanct"How soon can we see a change? Either its sheer coincidence that no one was pvping since this update, or everyone took the last 3-4 days off. Also, the sign in the pits say no darts in next reboot. When can we expect that? I think it's clearly keeping people from joining the dailys. Just hoping for some progress soon. Was a dull weekend. I hope next isn't the same.

People will live regardless  8-)   or will they....

Going in this week.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman