Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

i cant stand no skill cap

Started by Zephyr, August 14, 2010, 12:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domos

I guess I am, what I can tell you from my end is Pandora gives me a chance to get a character up and running very quickly so I can enjoy artie hunting instead of running some silly macro trying to raise one skill for 3 days. I can play by myself or with a party, either way there are places for me to hunt for good loot, on OSI you would need at least 3 good people to hunt in those same spots. I understad that this is not for everyone and there is a little balancing to be done but the shard is young.

Elcid

Quote from: "NesiMonsterr"i see where your coming from. i do miss epic pvp team combos

All well and good to have a dexer, mage, archer and PVP. But that involves a shard with a large population. OSI you cant go anywhere without running into other people, large guilds. always someone to buy something from. Here i could wander for a day and not run into anyone, 15,000 people vs 150 people.
Elcid [ODP]

King Kong

Quote from: "Elcid"
Quote from: "NesiMonsterr"i see where your coming from. i do miss epic pvp team combos

All well and good to have a dexer, mage, archer and PVP. But that involves a shard with a large population. OSI you cant go anywhere without running into other people, large guilds. always someone to buy something from. Here i could wander for a day and not run into anyone, 15,000 people vs 150 people.

I have an OSI account just to keep up to date with new stuff... And I can tell you, I actually run into more people on Pandora than I do on OSI.

I played OSI for 10 years, didn't used to be like that. But it is now. There is talk about them retiring all North American shards and just focusing on Japan.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Elcid

Quote from: "Konstantine"I have an OSI account just to keep up to date with new stuff... And I can tell you, I actually run into more people on Pandora than I do on OSI.

I played OSI for 10 years, didn't used to be like that. But it is now. There is talk about them retiring all North American shards and just focusing on Japan.

Could see them doing that. It makes sense, then there is only one server to patchwork on. Increase the player count on one server by mergin it all into one. The only thing that is going to be tough for them is things like housingvendors etc. There will be alot of backlash from players if they loose their primely places houses and vendors they spent forever stockingorganising.

UO is in need of a refresh, it is still to this day the only MMPORG I like, WOW, TOR all the others have had nothing on the way UO allows a person to buildcreate a unique character and world for themselves. But it is starting to look oldcheap even with the "enhanced" client. This new graphics refresh they are talking of i hope will bring people back to UO!

EAOSI however butcherd alot of that. Keep it up Kon and Pandora could be bigger than OSI!!  ;)  :lol:

ps. just dont sell it to them!
Elcid [ODP]

TOG

Place looks interesting so far. Got tired of all the outdated server rulesets from '99 or earlier; wanted something this millennium. Although, I have to say some kind of a skill cap would have been nice; maybe 1000 points or something. And 1 house per account (3) instead of character (15) so there wasn't a bunch of empty dirt plots everywhere.

Otherwise, looking forward to playing around here.

Belegerandh

Quote from: "Karzack"Cap and no cap both have there advantages.  I can understand wanting the cap.  It puts limits on things, making characters somewhat unique.  Like you said, groups of different types would band up instead of ones that can do all.  I think the only thing that makes each character different here are the stats.  To me it seems (in my short time here) like you lean either to might or magic.  Or, a balance of both that isn't quite as good as one who leans one of the other two ways.  

For me though, I like the no skill cap.  It allows me to to more of what I want without creating a bunch of alt characters.

I have to agree because I've been able to enjoy skills I couldn't before, even with three OSI accounts. The state of that world requiring one to use powerscrolls just didn't allow it.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman