Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Community Input, Have Your Say

Started by Voxpire, November 21, 2012, 08:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horns Nigel

Naw, pigs are easy if you know where to look, try the farms...

I have done a lot of taming BODs, however once I got all the l20 scrolls Ill admit I lost interest, adding some new rewards to this might reinterest me...
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Daemona

A thought I had was that as things wear out, houses, weapons, armor etc, you should have to expend resources to repair them.  Depending on the level of decay, the higher the amount of resources that should be required to fix it.  If you have 5 homes to maintain, that should require alot of wood and ore gathering or perhaps other resources to maintain.  It would give people something to do or make a market for those commodities.  If you have more gold than time, then perhaps you can pay weekly fee to have "the handyman" or whatever keep your homes repaired. Either way, your resources will dwindle and require action on your part to maintain your stuff.  It is easy to hoard now cuz all you have to do is open your door and poof your house is fixed.

Horns Nigel

Thats kind of an interesting idea, maybe we could create our own gardens and landscapes, hire landscapers to take care of that work too...

Thatperson

As for the pvp battles, iv only just started joining them now my suits getting good and they are cool (apart from the coins not working (and i wish it would put me back where i was when its over (and 1v1 doesnt start without 4 players even though 2v2 starts with only 2 players who then enjoy a 1v1 hehe, strange, but i digress))). I was on when you were running capture the flag test games and i entered but wasnt sure what exactly was going on so we just fought to the death in the normal fashion :) Maybe there could be a flagpole in the middle and when your opponenet dies instead of death he is frozen for 5 seconds, during this time you can hit the flagpole and when you hit it enough it is yours and you win, however if the 5 seconds elapses your opponent resumes with full health,the flagpole keeps the points you got by hitting it saved up so your rival will have to catch up and if he then kills you, you freeze and he gets to hit the flagpole for 5 secs, first to raise the flag to the top of the pole wins.
I like the idea someone floated about groups or guilds "capturing" towns and having to defend thier continued ownership as others swoop in to claim it for thier own, could use a similar flag system as my CTF idea.

catman

1. Lower hp of all felucia champ spawns by half incuding champs, allow champs to be healeable from players .(this wil bring a lot of raiding ) . Stat scroll could be turnable similar to ps but add mroe hp to harrower if u do that :)
2. Allow slayers works at mini champs( specially spell books becouse they are cheaper and helps new players a lot)
3. Holy light by chivalry shuld be fast as wither also dmg deal is kinda low
4.Protection by justice brings jsut copy of scroll which is kinda shitty (shuld be random but same value)
5.Lower pvp coins prices so some people will go after charger or remote portable and do more battles also i dont like idea about one week battle system for fc3 batle neck shuld be back on monthly level.
6.Oceanic prices shuld be adjust for example if u keep 12k for sandals robe then shuld be 8k and deco lower little bit. Also 1 pvp coin shuld be 2 oceanic coins not like it is now.
7. Turning in +20 crafting power scrols made it easier to do crafting then do champs so adjust it:)
8.About donations just think maybe u shuld add some items like everlasting bandage, item bless bag and similar to be able get for pc coins.
9. Monster loot specialy for non doom artifacts and oceanic artifacts isnt based on luck at all so its very rare or never droping so u could adjust that on luck base also corgul books i never saw and some other items. If you plan on new monster with high end loot make them terific compare to curent ones but with greater chance to drop hehe
10. finally crafting, hard craft recipe items make them imbuable!

Miki McNaughty

I know there are probably alot of players like myself who would love to have vendors. The reason I don't, is because of the massive time lost to standing in Brit or Luna  gating people to them. My time is better spent hunting  for things which can help my player gain better armour and weapons so I can experience the harder and more daring areas. If we could make and drop runes in Brit and Luna to our vendors, players could  pick them up. If the issue is the runes laying there for long periods, a  decay rate could be set for them. I strugggle to find good vendors, and I know for a fact when you leave the city you always find prices alot more reasonable. Pandora is a huge shard. We need to give everyone a chance to sell their wares and make a good living.  Just a thought.
When Death comes for you, you shouldn't show up with perfect bones and ripped abs, instead, you should slide in sideways with a chocolate bar in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, screaming "Holy Shit what a RIDE!"

DamJ.NeT

Well ask vendor's houses owners for a spot. I bet they'll be willing to give you one for cheap, or nothing. And multiclient is the way to go if you want to gate AND play your main to hunt at the same time.

Johana

Bring back the fished up pirates please, just no fun fishing with out them.  Scalis needs to have its one shot kill attack removed or its distance greatly lowered as it will kill you form over a screen away, or possibly a chance to evade it.  Coragul should drop more arties as I have never seen any thing drop from it.  Sand crabs need to drop the robe of the sand more often, (been farming for years and never had one drop! and its one of those pvp essentials).  I know don't talk about loot drops but its more about enabling people to become equipped to play.   More stealable artifacts every where,  they don't have to have a purpose could be just house deco but make it a real hard to camp for them, and being able to steal from other player should be enabled (no insuring tot or other artifacts while in a dungeon).  The winner of the pvp battles should have their name fixed to the reward and it should be awarded monthly.  Have a gm random monitor the fights to check for collusion and unfair tactics.  Baracoon needs to be softer for newer players and have a chance to drop 120 combat scrolls (can do the something like each champ has a list of 120 power scrolls that can drop so you can farm for specific 120 scrolls).  More one of a kind artifacts.  High skill crafter need a chance to produce goods that are better than imbues (low chance) but possible with a large amount of resources (burn up those resource hordes).  Oh and make the battle necklace give a bonus like they do on OSI if you meditate at a shrine (I think that would be cool).  To foster PVP give out random pieces of good pvp armor for winning in duels, so you can build a suit just from dueling other players and winning.  Some form of balance equation can be worked out so that the reward would only be payed out to even duels.  It should not be hard to make a pvp suit with a majority of the stat caps in about a month or two with persistent pvp play. This I think would draw people from other shards who just want to pvp.  I hope I don't come off rambling, just shooting from the hip..  Oh and make voting worth some thing to the people to vote.  I know everyone should vote on the stones because they love Pandora but a incentive will double the turn out.  An appointed journalist to publish news about the shard (make up stories for monthly themed events) to foster some role play (who knows may work out to be your next movie script Kon ;).  I know it may be hard to turn back the clock on this one but Luna plots should be of a limited size to allow for a diversified market place.

Horns Nigel

I have already written the entire movie script for our shard in my dreams, I even have the entire soundtrack...lol

Thatperson

How about making an option on vendors outside of luna that for a price they will gate themselves (no players afk'ing).. could use magincia like kinda like osi and have the vendor gates created in this way appear there in rows, hovering over the gate would display the name of the vendor.

Also voting could have a tiny chance to drop one of the pandora artifacts in your pack. based on the same systm as crimson's and sand robes now were its not a build up of points over time like doom, but completely random and highly unlikely. I know i'd be holding my breath everyday with a glint in my eye as i voted :D

Horns Nigel

I am really looking forward to new items on the Trash vendor, awhile back we gave Vorspire some ideas for some great items, lets start spending those tokens....heh

Voxpire

Just so everyone knows, I didn't just make this topic and forgot about it, I've read every reply made each day since it was started and opted to receive emails when you do reply!

I can't exactly reply to everyone's ideas or I'd have no time left to write them up and implement them, lol.

I am extremely happy with the feedback, everyone has had valuable input so far and I have been making subtle changes and writing up some of the changes to incorporate into the next patch, which should be along very soon. (no long wait time like the last substantial patch - we have a solid framework in place now compared to pre-publish 40.0)

Please keep the feedback coming, every opinion is valued, this is a democracy (to a certain extent, haha).

Horns Nigel

TY Vor, we appriciate all that you do for us here.....

Saturn

Took me forever to read all this.

I agree with Ali that crafting should allow some stats to go beyond the cap, which would increase the market for crafters. But imbue is still a key part of this game. It creates an open play field where everyone has a chance to create and manage their own gear. I think the drop rates on mats are a bit low, but as long as they dont get lowered, im happy.
My only issues as of late or the near impossible drop rates on 120s. I think they should be hard, but i've never had one drop in the time ive been here. And i do champs alot. If its too much to change the 120 drop rates, at least lower the exchange rate from 20 115s to get one 120, to 10 115s to get one 120. As it is we are all looking for those 120s and the market for ps seem to be dead without any 120s out there.

I see alot of post on here on how to make things ridiculously simple for players. And i dont think that should be. We need something to work towards. Doom arties rates should be high (its a frustration of mine, but i get it). We cant expect everything to be simple and achievable in a day or two or people get bored and leave. But on that note, some of the boss mobs on here have way to many hit points. After a certain amount of time of repeating the same spells and attacks and getting next to nowhere, i get bored and leave. They should be hard, but not 30min-1hour hard.

As far as to many items clogging the shard, is it possible to have a similar system as osi annual clean sweep? Where higher end items give a different kind of currency used for higher end items or mats or something?

I dont know who mentioned and artie (tok and other) exchange system to get rid of the useless arties people hoard, but i like that idea!

...Oh yeah, and please fix whatever makes multiple spawns run at the same time in the pvm room...Thats kinda annoying...

Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Horns Nigel

Vor, you mentioned convenience items in your post, how about adding some type inter-home gating system which could be purchased in the p-coin store specifically for use for travel just between the houses that you own?

Also how about a stone we could keep in our back packs that could be used to transfer items into our resource box?

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111