Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

The MOST hated and boring Subject to ever bring up - Nerfs

Started by GM NollKoll, July 18, 2016, 11:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

Some of you might know whats impending, been talking to King Kong about it (yes, blaim him! muhahahha)

No but seriously, as we might understand you all love cheese, not the slicable and most often in a wedge form (in a spraycan for  you yankies, to able to relate better)

No but cheesy tactics...

OH NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
You all scream perhaps?

Well, let me actually get to the actual fact on whats getting a nerf.
Ranged weapons... Yupp, ripped that bandaid straight off..

but..but....but why?..... *cries*

Well, seeing that bows is the no1 choise of weapon, on a server which got all skills et.c.

Sure we can relate that players might only SEE the DPS, Damage advantages with a bow, but cannot see weapon balance in the game. Let me give you all this lil word game to make you understand a bit better!

A O W I D M F G F U I B M N L K A U E D
O E W P A B A L A N E G E Y A E L K D A
E B A L M A N T D P S D Y M N A W A C D
E L A I A L T K C A S D X P F Q W B M U
F K S L G A M D P S D A M A G E W A F F
F E F S E D A M A G E M L Q U I S G N S
E V M N A C Y U I E O A H D P S D E C V
C B U Y T A W F T B A G A N C U D P S S
T D A M A G E M E T A E P S C U S D U L

Well, as you can see, its quite easy to find the damage, but balance is nowhere to be found..

But... all imbues and time spent into our ranged weapons?....

Well, dont worry.. They won't become useless, and yes you might have heard that word and meaning before, and shuns it.. Let me explain my idea.

First of all, pure damage will NOT get nerfed from a ranged weapon.

How it works today:
Accuracy with includes skills, skills difference and weapon attributes, plus opponents chance of parry and evade.. you all know that deal.

What i want to see, and probably will implement is that each ranged weapon, have its own unique "Hit Ratio"
Names are ofcourse not set in stone yet, but remember Hit Ratio for now.

Let say we give "the best" ranged weapons, a hit ratio of 80% or 0,8. That will mean, no matter what, you will miss ATLEAST 20% of the time.
So it will be Hit Ratio "check" first, then the ordinary "hit chance" check afterwards, like we got today.
So if you usually hit 95% of the time, you will first have a 20% chance of a miss, then if you do not miss, you will have a 95% to hit the target (76% probability of hitting the target)

The exact hit ratios for each ranged will ofcourse be balanced out, and compared with the weapons abilities and alot of other factors. But will open up a new market, for other ranged weapons, which wassnt so much saught after before, but now might have a better hit ratio, and in the end, improves the weapons DPS.

We want all weapons to be equally loved!

And to lick your wounds a bit, brought up an idea to king kong, regarding buff weapons again..
Then your thinking, heck, Noll is mad, first nerfing, then buffing..
The buff will first of all, go to melee.. With melee you need to go up close and personal afterall, but hear me out.

An idea that taking good care of a weapon, will improve its damage output.
Huh? you might ask yourself, im repairing my weapon!

Not exactly!

This is ofcourse another name that issnt set in stone, but lets call it "Sharpness" for now, which i know will not work for clubs et.c.
Having ZERO "sharpness" bonus on a weapon, will do nothing bad to your weapon, it will be like they are today!
But using a "sharpering stone" or something like that, will add raw base damage to a weapon, and depending on kind of sharpering stone and weapon, will have lesser or greater effects. The effect will wear off slightly, but will still last long enough to be of use.
This will bring some extra love to blacksmiths and miners and whatnot ingame, (is arms lore still a skill, or is it removed? then it could be used for this!)

There will be different kinds of sharpening stones ingame, perhaps the best drop from different bosses, which will offer a really big boost. The "dulling" of a weapon might be that, let say it will have a "sharpness durability" of 255, just like max of a weapon, where as long as its above 200, it does 100% bonus damage, then slightly falls off. until its completly gone.

This, we could balance in, other melee weapons, and make unused melee weapons, usable again. And perhaps save that sweet rare sharpening stone you got from a boss, when you want to win a PvP tournament, or just a PvP duel, and get that extra damage output.

Since it will be a base damage increase, it will not effect the max 300% damage increase cap or whatever it is.

And for ranged, could use a simular system, which will tighten the bowstring, increasing the Hit Ratio for simular time and fashion like a sharpening stone. (And will not increase base damage, but will increase the Hit ratio, and with that, the DPS)

Let me know what you all think about it!

Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Johana

Hey, sounds like you have given this some great thought.  I know your heart is in it.  I'm on board to giving it a try as I would also like some diversity in the weapons I can use, halberd *cough*.  Any thoughts on making a cool down timer on mortal?  I don't think anyone uses it for PvM and mortal every 2.0s is a bit of an abuse or maybe this new hit ratio can take care of that.  Personal I like the idea that when I want to use mortal I'm 99% guarantied by my combat skill its going to land.  Maybe for bashing weapons you could have a special heat tempering hammer or tongs to give the sharpening type bonus you were referring to bladed weapons?  I'll keep your ideas floating around in my head and see what spills out.

ieshabones

ranged weapons you are also including garg weapons also not just bows?

And I agree with a cool down on specials. I think it would help a lot with pvp,  we won't have a bunch of people just running around spamming specials.

Empati

i think i did most pvp on this shard still,i didnt play for a long time but i did so many pvp vvith human , gargoyle and elf,so i knovv alot information about vveps and pvp,pvp is very  complicated and little change can make huge difference for pvp, i cant say any about this suggestion before i try it,human and elf class have many good melee vvep and many bovvs for pvp unfortinatly gargs isnt have that much for pvp,maybe you can bring some balance vvith this so i can use some melee vvep vvith my gargoyle,also i am just scared about balance betvveen all classes,i can tell you there is a almost balance betvveen all classes,only there is a no balance vvith accuary,i am getting hit alot even i am using shield but i cant hit that much even my alot combat skill is 125,i did offer suggestion about it make vvearable cloth chests vvith breastplate so vve can get %5 more accuary vvith this vve vvill still have %5 less accuary from human-elf class,i just agree vve all need to do more damage vvith vveps cause alot players have big hit points like me,but this is good idea for only vvarior players,do not pass magery players,magery spells dont  make  much damage i think,i am alvvays like complicated systems in game,but i savv many nevv players just leave vvhen they are see our complicated systems,alot uo players just like classic uo,just let you knovv some about pvp and i am already knovv you vvere pvper on other shard before but this shard very different shard from others thank you for your every great vvorks,and sorry for my bad english

Flint Fireforge

Agree big time if gonna nerf bows ( archery ) defiantly need to also nerf  glaives  ( throwing ) for gargs.
To be or not to be or to simply enjoy the game with good friends.

Des Sanct

Quote from: Empati on July 18, 2016, 06:15:53 PM
i think i did most pvp on this shard still,i didnt play for a long time but i did so many pvp vvith human , gargoyle and elf,so i knovv alot information about vveps and pvp,pvp is very  complicated and little change can make huge difference for pvp, i cant say any about this suggestion before i try it,human and elf class have many good melee vvep and many bovvs for pvp unfortinatly gargs isnt have that much for pvp,maybe you can bring some balance vvith this so i can use some melee vvep vvith my gargoyle,also i am just scared about balance betvveen all classes,i can tell you there is a almost balance betvveen all classes,only there is a no balance vvith accuary,i am getting hit alot even i am using shield but i cant hit that much even my alot combat skill is 125,i did offer suggestion about it make vvearable cloth chests vvith breastplate so vve can get %5 more accuary vvith this vve vvill still have %5 less accuary from human-elf class,i just agree vve all need to do more damage vvith vveps cause alot players have big hit points like me,but this is good idea for only vvarior players,do not pass magery players,magery spells dont  make  much damage i think,i am alvvays like complicated systems in game,but i savv many nevv players just leave vvhen they are see our complicated systems,alot uo players just like classic uo,just let you knovv some about pvp and i am already knovv you vvere pvper on other shard before but this shard very different shard from others thank you for your every great vvorks,and sorry for my bad english

The reason you get hit so much is because you have bushido. Bushido skill is meant to amplify the parry ability while bearing a 2 handed wep. The minute you equip a shield, you actually lessen your ability to parry. Try taking the bushido off and put it on a soulstone and look at the difference.

King Kong

Quote from: ieshabones on July 18, 2016, 04:05:59 PM

And I agree with a cool down on specials. I think it would help a lot with pvp,  we won't have a bunch of people just running around spamming specials.

We are definitely talking all ranged weapons. Glaives are another problem we see.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Empati

Quote from: King Kong on July 18, 2016, 06:36:10 PM
Quote from: ieshabones on July 18, 2016, 04:05:59 PM

We are definitely talking all ranged weapons. Glaives are another problem we see.
yea glaive like a melee vvep even its say ranged vvep,seems velocity isnt vvork on gargoyles throvving vveps also,glaibe alvvays problem hehe ;)glaive original base damage is 18-22 long time ago and its changed to 16-20 cause alot ppl vvas unhappy vvith it ;)cause me ;P

Empati

Quote from: Des Sanct on July 18, 2016, 06:35:17 PM

The reason you get hit so much is because you have bushido. Bushido skill is meant to amplify the parry ability while bearing a 2 handed wep. The minute you equip a shield, you actually lessen your ability to parry. Try taking the bushido off and put it on a soulstone and look at the difference.
like i said my friend i knovv alot about pvp but still learning,and i knovv you knovv alot too and i did learned alot from you vvith fighting against you long time ago,ofc my bushido is 0,0 vvhen i am using shield,its definetly not about bushido its about %accuary also my gargoyle dci-hci and all others vvith cap thy

GM NollKoll

I used the word ranged, and not the word Bows :-D
Equality

Edit: thanks johana,  running around with halberds or whatever weapon that you like, without getting punished by the dmg fall off is what we want
But..

GM NollKoll

And spells can do Alot of damage, with high enough intelligence.. And with the bow nerf, they will have an easier time. I know I want to do so so so much to magery, but sadly no time. But might be able to bring in some loving to buffs/debuff on spells, that take intelligence into equation a bit more.
Try build s mage with 400+ int, part of your spells will be armor ignoring :-D
But..

Des Sanct

Quote from: Empati on July 18, 2016, 07:26:57 PM
Quote from: Des Sanct on July 18, 2016, 06:35:17 PM

like i said my friend i knovv alot about pvp but still learning,and i knovv you knovv alot too and i did learned alot from you vvith fighting against you long time ago,ofc my bushido is 0,0 vvhen i am using shield,its definetly not about bushido its about %accuary also my gargoyle dci-hci and all others vvith cap thy

I'll try a few tests when i get time and get back to you on whats happening

Johana

Ok at first read I thought I got it (but didn't).  Now after reading what you have suggested again,  Noll!.... It sounds fantastic!  This could make every weapon viable in pvp.  I welcome the change. Your bow may miss more but you sword will cut deeper.  Maybe have the weapon buff item come as a prize for the battle tournaments as well as any other system your thinking of?

GM NollKoll

Quote from: Johana on July 25, 2016, 07:17:31 PM
Ok at first read I thought I got it (but didn't).  Now after reading what you have suggested again,  Noll!.... It sounds fantastic!  This could make every weapon viable in pvp.  I welcome the change. Your bow may miss more but you sword will cut deeper.  Maybe have the weapon buff item come as a prize for the battle tournaments as well as any other system your thinking of?

Yes yes yes! ^^, Heck even insult your foe with a friggin magic wand, if you supposed to find a good strenghening deal for wand/maces/wooden weapons.
The buffs will come in different strengths, possibly to craft 7-8 of 10 (for example), and rest is bosses/events/tournys, yea.. open for suggestions..

Could be a possible need to redo weapon damage system (dont be alarmed), just increase the damage NUMBERS tenfold, since im pretty sure its not possible to have decimal damage, as in a dagger does 8-12 damage, cant have it 8,1 - 12,4 damage.. (if i want several "buff" items) but increase it to 80-120 instead, will still do the same damage, but able to slightly increase a base damage with this idea, and furthur balancing it.

But..

Empati

i just noticed if you got 400+intelligent your damager spells doing tvvo time damage even you cast it one time ;Si offer suggestion about magery and i said magery spells should do more damage but i didnt mean this,vvith this vvay you can die so quick against vvho got 400+int,vvith good magery combo you have no chance,cause you can cast any defensive spell vvhen your enemy spam any quick spells like fireball-harm,i agree magery spells should do more damage still but i am totaly disagree this system,vve already tried it in game thank you

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman