Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

character builds

Started by Preachyr, March 17, 2015, 08:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Preachyr

Hey just looking for some discussion on character builds and farming for noobs in general.

Wondering what kind of builds everyone runs with for PvE. I'm familiar with some classic powerful builds like the sampire, or the throwing whammy (my preferance), but i've never played a server with no skill point limit, so i'm curious to see what others are running here.

Also looking for some suggestions for a couple of new players to farm up some gold. It could be my imagination but it sure seems like creatures on this server hit a LOT harder than normal. I was 2 shot killed by an earth ele, for example, and anything tougher than that I cant stand toe to toe with or I die fast.

Thanks, loving the server so far and i'm working on getting the rest of my guildies moved over :)

Falada

Hi and welcome here :)
Since we don't have a skillcap (and also no cap in stats except the max cap of 335) you can do anything you want. Most here run with high dex and str and low int but with the recent changes in magery (spellpenetration) it can also be worth to go more in the mage direction. That's all up to you, just try around what you like most :)

About hunting for gold as a newbie you could go to the Tomb of Kings in Ter Mur and use your Pet there. The New Player Hiryu you should have gotten with creating your character can be handled with 0 taming/lore and is strong enough to do that til you get your skills up and get a stronger pet.
greets Fala

Preachyr

so would it be safe to assume that no one runs without a pet, since you can fit taming into any build?

Preachyr

also, am I right in my assumption that monsters on this server are beefed up? Or are they just hitting so hard because i'm still in newbie gear?

King Kong

Quote from: Preachyr on March 17, 2015, 09:16:42 PM
also, am I right in my assumption that monsters on this server are beefed up? Or are they just hitting so hard because i'm still in newbie gear?

Most of the ones that matter are "beefed up" to maybe what you're used too. Since we allow no skill cap and imbuing and other game mechanics, things are scaled to fit our world.

Quote from: Preachyr on March 17, 2015, 09:15:53 PM
so would it be safe to assume that no one runs without a pet, since you can fit taming into any build?

Yes everyone usually runs with a pet in most cases. Some styles though require you to move quickly like if you're farming imbuing mats or say jewels for imbuing (in Shame Dungeon) and you can quickly run through there without a pet slowing you down.. But since you can always have taming, then you can always have a pet.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Preachyr

Yeah, thanks for the reply. I am starting to get a sense of the relative strength of critters throughout the world. I have been trying to do everything without taming since I like to be mobile and explore with my guildies but it seems i'll need to work that skill up if I want to have a chance at higher level stuff.

Been chatting with Noll in game a lot and he has been very helpful for getting me on board with the server's differences to others.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman