Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Anyone have ideas for gold sinks?

Started by King Kong, January 19, 2015, 09:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxarus

Yes, i get that. These were just examples what could be done. But yea, the bandie is actually not such a good idea... ^^

Yet there is still the option for some other things that have been mentioned. The deco, short time buffs, some items i've suggested. Like i said, there will always be a player buying stuff - same as with the pcoin store.

It has to be something worth buying. The only reason there is so much gold is that there is basically nothing to buy.
Of course i would buy seeds of renewal lol.

Tys

"My name is my name."

Drake11

i guess if i had to suggest something more permanant i would go with crafting materials (no imbuing) as in bulk ingots like... 10k valorite for 5 mil gold or something... most of us just script mining/lj/reg buying/etc as it is now so it would quite literally just put it in one spot and take gold instead of another character
Imperator of Warcry [WAR]
Commanding Lord of the House of Targaryen

Thatperson

Think of the sweet shop as rented accommodation.. Temporary, never truly yours and over time, horrifyingly wastefull and expensive.
Now think of the doni house as a mortgage.. Yours, permanently, forever..
Everyone rents till they can afford a mortgage dont they?
Could even make donators more willing to sell pbucks for gold so they can be lazy and keep thier temp buffs up, meanwhile non donators can farm gold to buy pbucks from donators.. Everybody wins :D

Lawhead

What about a transmog system like Wow, pay 250k or more to change the look of an item?

Thatperson

Another idea id like is paid, forcable spawns in the pvm room. You pay the fee, the room generates a random spawn from the table of options.
Even better if the paid spawns would stack on each other. That way the room could be kept tame like it is now, but those of us that miss the old 6 champ spawns could rain hell down on ourselves.

zaxarus

Quote from: Thatperson on January 21, 2015, 12:23:33 PM
Another idea id like is paid, forcable spawns in the pvm room. You pay the fee, the room generates a random spawn from the table of options.
Even better if the paid spawns would stack on each other. That way the room could be kept tame like it is now, but those of us that miss the old 6 champ spawns could rain hell down on ourselves.

My favorite idea. I've asked for it some time ago. So, yes. Please.
Tys

"My name is my name."

Outkast

I agree with the crafting being able to buy ingots and wood maybe. I'm always lookin to buy cuz I'm to lazy to script it lol

Axle Stonehands

Instead of a temporary stone to trade gold for pcoins, ocoins, etc., why not a slot machine similar to the one in Luna Bank that awards powerscrolls. Make the stone award rare items like one use Tokuno dyes, or maybe some of the pcoin or ocoin deco items, even some of the hard to get stealables or doom drops. The big prizes would be rare to win but I've seen several players drop loads of gold on the chance for power scrolls on the slot machine in Luna.

The "buying buffs" is a great idea - consumable and desirable.

Paying for certain spawn options in the PVM room sounds cool, too.

Of course, the King could always take a census and have us paying taxes! LOL Ugh, forget I said that!

Johana

I like many of the other ideas posted and wanted to add some of my own thoughts.

Just two quick ideas for gold sinks:

All minor ToT dyes should be sold on a stone or vendor.  I think most players want to customize their colors and buying those alternative colors off a stone would be appealing to everyone. 

Also I think for a major sink (really high cost) would be to purchase XP deeds or tither gold for XP.

Tyrone Biggums

The only reason I don't like the minor tot dye thing is because I sell them on my vendor quite often and that would destroy the market for them. As it sits now minor tots go for 1 mill a charge and I can't refill my vendor fast enough.

Johana

Well I guess its proof that there is a demand for the minor ToT dyes and you can't carry them all in large enough quantities to fill every ones need.  You can still make your gold if your price is below the sinks price.

d35tr0y

I definitely think there should be some type of color shop as a gold sink people would love this it has been one thing here that unless you donate for there isn't many options and everyone loves to customize there colors maybe minor tots maybe 1 use tubs of special colors maybe even pet colors.

Founder of Lost Souls (soul)

Dwarvey

Quote from: Tyrone Biggums on January 24, 2015, 02:25:40 AM
The only reason I don't like the minor tot dye thing is because I sell them on my vendor quite often and that would destroy the market for them. As it sits now minor tots go for 1 mill a charge and I can't refill my vendor fast enough.

Just match the price, and two problems solved. You still get buisness, and people have a choice

Tyrone Biggums

Yea I get that so basically my prices that sell are 1 charge for 1 mill and 3 charges for a good color go for 5 mill. If it's based off that or higher then that it would def work.

zaxarus

Talked to some guildies. So, what about:

Karma Deed: Maxes your Karma, 200 k

Fame Deed: Maxes your Fame, 100 k

--> If you like your title and using Chivalry, if you don't have the time (or the wish) to regain Karma / Fame "manually" you just buy these deeds. They are of course consumable and you'd need new deeds the next time.
Tys

"My name is my name."

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111