Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Wall in Daily PVP

Started by Johana, February 06, 2015, 04:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxarus

You might have overlooked that i suggested different obstacles (instead of a wall that covers almost the whole line of sight), like pillars for example. Then you have SKILL, not running in circles.
You might have overlooked that i've tried to explain that it does not matter if you are fighting a newbie.
You might have overlooked that i agreed to that "strategic element" (in certain boundaries, since the wall can also be used to run, run and run w/o even engaging). That's why, see above, i suggested smaller objects to make it more interesting.
Instead you do what you do best. That's okay. I mean, there must be something for everyone.
Tys

"My name is my name."

Drake11

sure fala, and as i said i stated my opinion, you flamed me first, end of story
Imperator of Warcry [WAR]
Commanding Lord of the House of Targaryen

Falada

Oookay... Last time i thought about it i was an independent thinking person with my own opinions, wheter you like it or not that women can think.  ;) But that does not belong here i guess. I don't like that Wall and that's because I don't like it and not because of others. All i did was asking you why you want it there so bad if you dont even go to the daily. If that's considered flaming.. ok then i live with that.
greets Fala

King Kong

From my personal experience when I pvped with 4/8, the wall was annoying when I was top tier and no mid-level pvper could have a chance, basically just slaughter... But when I was a mid-tier player (haven't played here for years and best of everything) I once and awhile could beat a higher level player as using the wall is a skill in it's self and if I could time things right then I would have a fighting chance and in turn was more fun with a veteran.

But the main reason I stuck it there was I wanted to make a pure dexxor viable.. Have any of you built a full dex char and tried it? It makes a difference if wall goes down and mage dumps full on the dexxor before he can run there.. If there is a wall up -- it makes both viable?  (I understand that nobody with no skill cap would be a PURE dexxor here, but you know what I mean)

The wall is a different skill set. No doubt.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Johana

The vantage goes to players with archery weapons as it is as they have a 1s when the target comes in range.

zaxarus

@Kon:

That's what i basically said: The wall comes into effect if you are fighting someone who can use it to compensate other weaknesses, yes, i fully agree. Same time it can be used by a newbie to stretch a fight, while the outcome was clear before the fight even started. Also i have experienced two duels (and others also did) in which the opponent was running in circles around the wall, w/o engaging. What did i do? I just stood in a corner and waited until he was tired of playing circus horse.
That's why i think the wall has (not only literally lol) two sides. On the one hand it CAN be of tactical value, on the other hand it can be used as a kind of exploit: If you just use it to stretch a fight, not even attacking or casting.
So far i didn't fight someone using magery only. So far i think James is the only one trying to build a pure mage, waiting for some changes Noll wanted to apply. (Another topic.)

And one personal thing:
Drak, Fala decided on her own to post here... might surprise you, might upset you, but as she said herself: Women can think... ;)

Tys

"My name is my name."

Drake11

as i stated, i like the wall for the very reason kon said, it adds an element of strategy to it as well that is imperative i think to any 1v1 match, archers do not have an advantage at all, a disadvantage maybe because there base of existence relies on range, which the wall makes more difficult to work around, but i dont really sit and shoot arrows, its not really old school which is the way i play, kon too it would seem, i just like to add insight to the ranting really, maybe you dont like it, but it does help balance the equation a bit

and others: are you really trying to turn this into some kind of sexist post in order to keep me from posting or something? not sure of the point there, youre getting pretty far out there

King Kong

I wonder if I removed 1 of the walls if it would help, meaning it would only have 2 tiles of wall instead of 3, much shorter. -- I have done this in game, try it out? it's a very short wall so it's massive skill to stay out of line of sight the whole time. Basically if you can move like that and trick your opponent, you deserve it..

Tys yes someone just running around is annoying, but the truth is you just didn't want to do it so turned to standing in the corner. You could run back and forth on the end of the wall and killed him as your line of sight is clear. I sympathize with what you're saying about this regardless.

Falada

Nope  ;) Just saying MY very own opinion on this like everybody else does.
greets Fala

zaxarus

Quote from: Konstantine on February 07, 2015, 03:59:30 PM
I wonder if I removed 1 of the walls if it would help, meaning it would only have 2 tiles of wall instead of 3, much shorter. -- I have done this in game, try it out? it's a very short wall so it's massive skill to stay out of line of sight the whole time. Basically if you can move like that and trick your opponent, you deserve it..

Tys yes someone just running around is annoying, but the truth is you just didn't want to do it so turned to standing in the corner. You could run back and forth on the end of the wall and killed him as your line of sight is clear. I sympathize with what you're saying about this regardless.

This is basically what i've suggested: A smaller wall (or pillar, whatever). So the people who scream "SKILL" can show it.
Tys

"My name is my name."

Drake11

yup kon that could work well also, give it a shot and see what happens, my assumption would be more complaining from certain ones, but cant hurt to try it, i sympathize with him also, cant be arsed to run around a little bit, so he resorts to sitting around doing nothing, but in the end the wall can be changed as i said it matters little to me, i used to do daily all the time when i needed pvp coins, but as i dont any longer ive no desire to do it

to fala: good for you

GM NollKoll

Would like that the flamewars here ends. No personal attacks etc... Only suggestions/ideas/feedback on the wall itself please.
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Drake11

King Kong

Thanks for all your comments and testing. I think we have something that will work for now by meeting half way and adding a tad of strategy to the pit.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman