Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Where did everyone go?

Started by Oniel, June 21, 2013, 03:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

This time always gets really slow. Each year.

School gets let out... Summer starts, etc.

Always picks back up

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Dwarvey

I can honestly say I've just been swamped. workin 2 jobs, and getting ready for fireworks shows. I'm still hitting the forums a couple times a day, but little else.

I'm getting ready for work now.......(pooh).

But as said earlier in the post. Summer is always slow.

xcalibre

I look at the forum. I'll probably come back soon ...

zaxarus

Quote from: Dwarvey on June 22, 2013, 09:59:09 AM

Same time about 2 yrs ago we were 100, 150 +.

Tys

"My name is my name."

Ladibug

Quote from: zaxarus on June 22, 2013, 11:22:55 AM
Quote from: Dwarvey on June 22, 2013, 09:59:09 AM

Same time about 2 yrs ago we were 100, 150 +.

Yep. Same time one year ago Pandora was just under 100....
I <3 my Soul Family

Horns Nigel

The past is the past, lets all just look forward to a positive future, Do all we all can to get new players to the Shard...Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Maximilliean

Quote from: Oniel on June 21, 2013, 10:53:39 AM
hehe :) well it more than a couple, more like 3-4ish, im in southern michigan.. about 1 hour drive from indianna and an hour from lake michigan.. i would trade it for arizona desert summer anyday! dry is is bearable, but when its moist.. its sticky and nasty!
So you are pretty close to Battle Creek then?
------
"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

Voxpire

You can only successfully apply bandages so many times before the wounds become fatal.
UO is a game that, with each passing year, receives at least one or two concussing blows from the mainstream game market.
This isn't because the shard is failing, Pandora is not failing, it's because every year, there is a grace period where some seriously good distractions come to the shelves, in the form of Skyrim last year and The Last Of Us, this year.

Endure and Survive, anyone? ;)

King Kong

Quote from: Vorspire on June 24, 2013, 10:35:20 AM
You can only successfully apply bandages so many times before the wounds become fatal.
UO is a game that, with each passing year, receives at least one or two concussing blows from the mainstream game market.
This isn't because the shard is failing, Pandora is not failing, it's because every year, there is a grace period where some seriously good distractions come to the shelves, in the form of Skyrim last year and The Last Of Us, this year.

Exactly. All the shards have seen player count drop. It's not a Pandora issue, it is a 16 year old game issue. It happens. Ultima players are a genre niche. There will always be some, but slowly it gets smaller and smaller.

Though not for nothing, people always tend to come back eventually too. I see an old player log in at least once a week.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Oniel

Quote from: Maximilliean on June 24, 2013, 07:33:12 AM
Quote from: Oniel on June 21, 2013, 10:53:39 AM
hehe :) well it more than a couple, more like 3-4ish, im in southern michigan.. about 1 hour drive from indianna and an hour from lake michigan.. i would trade it for arizona desert summer anyday! dry is is bearable, but when its moist.. its sticky and nasty!
So you are pretty close to Battle Creek then?

Yup, about 20 minutes west, Kalamazoo

Oniel

Quote from: Konstantine on June 24, 2013, 12:36:28 PM
Quote from: Vorspire on June 24, 2013, 10:35:20 AM

Exactly. All the shards have seen player count drop. It's not a Pandora issue, it is a 16 year old game issue. It happens. Ultima players are a genre niche. There will always be some, but slowly it gets smaller and smaller.

Though not for nothing, people always tend to come back eventually too. I see an old player log in at least once a week.

After the juicy news Vor spoke of in game today! I see us growing by leaps and bounds! im excited.. and not going anywhere! I have played many games, but UO will always be my 1st love.. graphics dont make a game for me, features and game play are more important!

Voxpire

Just gotta get the final coat of paint done on this patch and we're good to go.

The list:

* Craft Gumps overhaul
* House placement testing for Farmer's Cabin (the odd one out that still refuses to work)
* Rune Codex gump.
* Abyssal Portal: The Sundering.
* Imbuing Slayers (testing)

Maximilliean

Quote from: Oniel on June 24, 2013, 12:37:55 PM
Yup, about 20 minutes west, Kalamazoo

Cool.  My wife is from Battle Creek. 
------
"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

Johana

Looking forward to patch!
May you add some more details please?

Thatperson

does that mean its hot pocket time again jo?? :D

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]