Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Unravel vs Unravel runes

Started by Balinor, July 02, 2014, 12:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balinor

Which would you consider to be more productive in amount of ingredients obtained:

Unravel items as you craft them or use an unraveling rune after they are created.   I have about 500 rough stones so the stones won't be an issue.  I just want to figure out how to get the most materials from each crafted object.

Tyrone Biggums

I find it easier to hunt for the actual items since some things you cannot get from unravels but if your doing armor get a horned kit make gloves and unravel the item.

For weps look for high rating weps and unravel the whole thing. Chance of getting a few things. Unraveling one thing at a time is more for if you find a killer wep and it has something you don't need on it like hit dispel for instance.

My opinion.

Balinor

Quote from: Tyrone Biggums on July 02, 2014, 01:27:37 PM
I find it easier to hunt for the actual items since some things you cannot get from unravels but if your doing armor get a horned kit make gloves and unravel the item.

For weps look for high rating weps and unravel the whole thing. Chance of getting a few things. Unraveling one thing at a time is more for if you find a killer wep and it has something you don't need on it like hit dispel for instance.

My opinion.

Thanks for the reply.  I do hunt for specific items when I need them but I am always in need of most of them.   
My question may not have been specific enough.   

Which provides more materials from runic crafted items:
1 - using the unravel option on the craft menu which destroys the object instantly for materials
or
2 - craft the item then use a total unravel rune upon it (not individual unravels per ability)

Tyrone Biggums

U just wrote the same thing. Both would destroy the item and give u mats. U get more destroying the whole thing then just one at a time. At least I do. If this doesn't answer it then I'm not really understanding the question.

Balinor

Quote from: Tyrone Biggums on July 02, 2014, 02:46:16 PM
U just wrote the same thing. Both would destroy the item and give u mats. U get more destroying the whole thing then just one at a time. At least I do. If this doesn't answer it then I'm not really understanding the question.

If you understand that I asked the same question twice congrats.   But you are not answering the question I asked.   
I understand that you can destroy an item one property at a time with selected unravel runes.   Lets continue now with the understanding that I am not referring to that process.   

You can use a unravel rune to destroy an object completely and take the mats from it.   Sometimes you get mats sometimes you dont. 

You can also destroy an object without actually creating it by using your blacksmith skill to unravel as you craft.   

My question simply is -  Is there a difference in the amount of materials you might recieve depending on which way you do it.   

By your reference to finding items and unraveling them leads me to think you did not fully understand my question.   By your stating that unraveling one property at a time also lends to the possibility that you did not comprehend my question.

Sorry if it is coming off rude but this time I hope that you see my point

Which way of total destruction of my crafted item will yield the most materials.  Or is the process exactly equal regardless.

Tyrone Biggums

Unravel from imbue stones gives imbue mats. Unravel from blacksmith gives ingots  and not imbue mats.  Unravel from tailoring gives cloth or leather an not imbue mats. If this doesn't answer what ur asking I got no idea wtf your trying to say. Besides the fact that it was rude and your talking down to me even though I'm the only one trying to help you you could of just tried it yourself before talking to me like a child.  Congrats on being rude to the one person trying to help you.  Did you comprehend that?

Balinor

Quote from: Tyrone Biggums on July 02, 2014, 10:27:25 PM
Unravel from imbue stones gives imbue mats. Unravel from blacksmith gives ingots  and not imbue mats.  Unravel from tailoring gives cloth or leather an not imbue mats. If this doesn't answer what ur asking I got no idea wtf your trying to say. Besides the fact that it was rude and your talking down to me even though I'm the only one trying to help you you could of just tried it yourself before talking to me like a child.  Congrats on being rude to the one person trying to help you.  Did you comprehend that?

I do realize I was being rude and I apologize.   I also acknowledge that you are the only one answering me and I appreciate it.   But this was the first answer you gave me that addressed the two criteria I was asking about.   With all due respect though this answer is wrong.   When using the unravel feature in blacksmithing you will in fact get imbue materials from the items you are crafting which still leaves the question as to is there a difference in the amount or type of materials you can get from both methods. 

d35tr0y

I don't think it was meant that unraveling from the blacksmithing menu would yield you matts so not sure what that is about.

After doing some testing it seems to me that unraveling from either menu delivers the same matts the only difference is unraveling from the BS menu yields from crafts that are from poor to great where as unraveling the normal way you have a choice to what you unravel so you can unravel all good stuff I would think

what brings me to thins the fact that you can unravel and get material simply from unraveling direct from the BS menu means you are not having to use rough stones which is not correct IMO

it is the same thing other than the fact that one way you pick what to unravel the other you are unraveling unforeseen items that are mostly gonna yield less matts at least it seems to work that way atm so from the BS menu I guess you would be yielding less matts than if you were to manually unravel again depends on what you unravel
Founder of Lost Souls (soul)

Balinor

Quote from: d35tr0y on July 03, 2014, 11:57:29 AM
I don't think it was meant that unraveling from the blacksmithing menu would yield you matts so not sure what that is about.

After doing some testing it seems to me that unraveling from either menu delivers the same matts the only difference is unraveling from the BS menu yields from crafts that are from poor to great where as unraveling the normal way you have a choice to what you unravel so you can unravel all good stuff I would think

what brings me to thins the fact that you can unravel and get material simply from unraveling direct from the BS menu means you are not having to use rough stones which is not correct IMO

it is the same thing other than the fact that one way you pick what to unravel the other you are unraveling unforeseen items that are mostly gonna yield less matts at least it seems to work that way atm so from the BS menu I guess you would be yielding less matts than if you were to manually unravel again depends on what you unravel

Thanks for the reply.  I do see that not having to use and potentially waste rough stones does take any risk out of the process.  Which is what led me to believe that there might be some difference to the amount of mats received. 

Miki McNaughty

For me personally, since Relic Frags are the most expensive Mat to purchase and probably the hardest to farm in its natural state, I use my unravelling runes on the Raptor Claw throwing weapon. Dropped as loot on raptors,  I choose to do a total unravel. After all, everything you get you will eventually use, especially those yummy relic frags. For every Raptor Claw unraveled there are less being purchased by me. I would also like to say thanks to those vendors who do keep the Pandorian Imbuers working. WOW wouldn't it be great if a MAT price war broke out! Just imagine it!! LOL  Miki
When Death comes for you, you shouldn't show up with perfect bones and ripped abs, instead, you should slide in sideways with a chocolate bar in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, screaming "Holy Shit what a RIDE!"

Tyrone Biggums

the most annoying for me is essence of persistance. you cant unravel anything to get it and its needed for faster ethy cast (it does work) and for resilance (super impt for PvP)

Miki McNaughty

Essence of Persistence  I had been finding myself scrambling for a few peices here   more there   trying to get anyone to give it up  I decided to go to the only place that Wiki says it drops  Reknown Wyvern Mini Champ and I spent  some hours over a few days and walked away with enough Persistance to keep me happy for some time. Im glad to say it drops with 2 other essences with a decent drop rate. It definately seems to be the essence that noone has or not enough to share.
When Death comes for you, you shouldn't show up with perfect bones and ripped abs, instead, you should slide in sideways with a chocolate bar in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, screaming "Holy Shit what a RIDE!"

Miki McNaughty

Balinor,  I would also like to share things Ive noticed when unraveling a full unravel. I will do one and then another right after,  noticing that most of the time the 2nd unravel will bring me no mats at all. What I have learned is, if i clean my pack after each unravel I never have a full unravel that fails. Doing it can be time consuming but there are scripts to help. On EasyUO there is a script called Grindy MoveAll  I use it constantly, saves so much time on so many chores!! As for unraveling one at a time, example,  removing a regen and then a stat and so on,  I think you will be spending so much time unravelling and the rest of your time mining granite. Take the full unravel and go run amuck!!

Tyrone Biggums

the skele renowned dragon also drops persistance just at a less rate. and the message about receiving no mats is a bug. u still get the mats but if they are already in your pack it says you dont get more.

Miki McNaughty

That good to know! Now I can spend more time running amuck and kess time unraveling! Thanks   Miki

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman