Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Is archery still the elite skill?

Started by Black Magick, October 15, 2015, 01:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Magick

Hi all, I left after the switch to lower swing speed due to being able to solo the pvm game and pvp being about whose bow hit more often. Is this still the case? Rather, has anything been done to balance other skills' usefulness?

King Kong

Personally, I haven't seen anyone bow in awhile. So I don't think it's the only option.

The swing speed was only changed by a .25, a quarter of a second. That's been some time now. -- Hope you're looking to come back!

Let us know if you have anymore questions.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

GM NollKoll

Depends on when you left. But weapon abilities, the weapons itself et.c. have been changed by me, trying to remove the whole "META" as going with comp. bow with armor ignore.. It's still a very useful weapon, that i cannot change due to the fact you can imbue hit area attack on any weapon you like.

But recently added propertys on certain artifacts, that will help mages to deal with archers, ie "Ranged Parry Bonus" which multiplies your parry chance vs ranged weapons (all ranged weapons) in a fight.

But you can quite solo alot of monsters in this game, with pretty much any weapon.
But if you were as old, as when soul glaive and comp bow was THE ONLY weapons to use, due to almost double the normal damage compared to other weapons.. THEN YEA.. MASSIVE CHANGE ^^
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Black Magick

Does parry chance with a shield function independent of your bushido skill now? Also, is there still a pvm sdi cap?

GM NollKoll

There is no SDI cap in PvM

And from what i know, bushido lowers your parry chance, but even with bushido, the ranged parry bonus attribute for example will still raise your parry chance.

If you want to try as a mage, i would love that, since im trying to bring em into the game, with Spell penetration (reach certain levels of intelligence, and your spells will deal bonus armor ignoring damage.. both in pvm and pvp)

And various new attributes just for mages!

(Ranged parry bonus and Calm mind, is 2 new attributes which aint copied from osi, which i made from scratch, first i mentioned above.. but calm mind negates fizzle if the damage is lower then calm mind% * intelligence from most damage sources!
For example, 400 intelligence and 10% Calm Mind attribute, would let you continue to cast your spells if the damage is lower then 40.. so no luck factor there!....... But also Casting Focus has been added, which excists on osi)
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman